Closed Congressional Staff EOIs

Congress

Citizen
1849.png

The Office of Congressional Affairs

OPEN POSITIONS
We are right now looking for a number of people to fill the following positions:
- Clerk x2

CLERK
Clerks are vital to congressional operations and manage all of the administrational work that needs to be done in order to comply with existing laws and ensure the smooth running of the Office. The only requirement is to have Discord!

Some of the duties of a clerk include:
- Making all necessary changes to documents of law
- Assist the Speaker and the President of the Senate with their administrative duties
- Assist with the Management of the Office of Congressional Affairs
- Managing and creating Congressional Transparency Reports

APPLICATION FORMAT
Username:
Active Playtime:
Which role are you expressing interest for:
What can you bring to the role:
What tasks are you looking forward to do:
Additional Information:

Post EOIs in the comments below :)

ASKING ABOUT YOUR EOI WILL ONLY HINDER YOUR CHANCES. THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION, WE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Username: xtub12345
Active Playtime: 11d 18h 46m 23s
Which role are you expressing interest for: Clerk
What can you bring to the role: I have previous experience clerking, I am currently an Intern for the Supreme Court which involves finding information, keeping a sheet log, and general clerking. I am also a very active individual who is usually on discord for at-least 10 hours a day, and in-game for 3-4. I've also been in congress myself so I know how the systems work, and what needs to take place for the chambers to be effective. I'm also a very active participant in government so I usually know what's going on. I also was a clerk at the DLA which involved a lot of logging, and just general menial duties.
What tasks are you looking forward to do: Reminders, I am great at posting reminders, remembering dates, etc, I'm also very good at logging things so that I know what needs to get done and when it needs to get done.
Additional Information: Hi 42 :) And I have an order of redmont for contributions to the legislative and judiciary so that's cool ig.

Username: razorsharpbread
Active Playtime: 6d 5h
What can you bring to the role: I am very well organized, since I currently run Wells Fargo. This means I have made a multitude of agendas, plans, and other organizational items. I am active on discord near 24/7 and am relatively active on Minecraft, from 2-3 hrs a day.
What tasks are you looking forward to do: I am looking forward to creating agendas, ensuring that everything gets done in an orderly fashion.
Additional Information: nope

Username: CaseyLeFaye
Active Playtime: 26d 12h
What can you bring to the role: As I was previously a clerk before the dissolution of Congress, I have experience with the job. I frequently navigate the forums (especially Acts of Congress), so I am used to locating specific laws when requested. Also, I have time management skills and organizational skills, so I can keep track of who has voted on bills and when to remind them.
What tasks are you looking forward to do: I particularly look forward to updating documents of law (especially the Laws page, as it has been neglected for far too long). I am also excited to help out whenever requested, such as with finding laws and assisting with press communication.
Additional Information: I would love to contribute to the stability and functionality of Redmont’s government. Anyway, thank you for reading my EOI! 🙂

Username: v__d
Active Playtime: 2 Months, 23 Hours, 11 Minutes, 44 Seconds
What can you bring to the role: The main thing that I can bring to this role is my experience and activity. I have served in both the Senate, and the House of Representatives twice (each), so I know all about how Redmont's congress works overall. I also have plenty of free time during the week and weekends which allows me to be a really active congressional employee in this position. A couple of traits that I have that allow me to succeed in this position include my passion for things related to politics and my stalwart work ethic. I've also had experience in many jobs and positions in both companies and political parties, as my experience is so vast, I truly believe that I can use that experience to be a really active and hardworking member of a team. Everyone has weaknesses, myself included. My main weakness is that I am a perfectionist, but my strengths include being a team player and being an incredibly thoroughly hard worker. I honestly love the idea of being a clerk and I think it would allow me to assist my presiding officer in changing the country for the better.
What tasks are you looking forward to do: I am really really looking forward to almost all of them to be completely honest, as I love the idea of being a clerk so much, but if I had to choose a couple, it would be assisting the presiding officers of both the Senate and the House of Representatives with all sorts of administrative duties. It's really hard to choose one though, because this role is so exciting.
Additional Information: Thank you so much for reading this! I look forward to working with you and all of our wonderful representatives in this new experience.

View attachment 38946

The Office of Congressional Affairs

OPEN POSITIONS
We are right now looking for a number of people to fill the following positions:
- Clerk x2

CLERK
Clerks are vital to congressional operations and manage all of the administrational work that needs to be done in order to comply with existing laws and ensure the smooth running of the Office. The only requirement is to have Discord!

Some of the duties of a clerk include:
- Making all necessary changes to documents of law
- Assist the Speaker and the President of the Senate with their administrative duties
- Assist with the Management of the Office of Congressional Affairs
- Managing and creating Congressional Transparency Reports

APPLICATION FORMAT
Username:
Active Playtime:
Which role are you expressing interest for:
What can you bring to the role:
What tasks are you looking forward to do:
Additional Information:

Post EOIs in the comments below :)

ASKING ABOUT YOUR EOI WILL ONLY HINDER YOUR CHANCES. THIS IS NOT AN APPLICATION, WE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU IF YOU ARE ACCEPTED.
Username: Casualgreyknight

Active Playtime: 1d 12h 52m 23s

Which role are you expressing interest in: Clerk

What can you bring to the role: What I can bring to the role is an education in both government and law, between currently being a barrister in-game and having taken government classes irl, this allows me to be equipped for the job and have the knowledge needed for the role. As well as being the primary writer for The National Press Organization giving me skills and practice in writing and editing. Lastly, I am available on Discord most hours of the day allowing me to stay up to date on all the happenings in Redmont.

What tasks are you looking forward to doing: I look forward to making an agenda and posting reminders. Getting things done promptly is essential to making our government run smoothly, and the tasks I mentioned looking forward to are vital to making that happen.

Additional Information: Our government is a complex system that has many moving parts, and I look forward to keeping our government moving smoothly. Thank you all for your consideration and the opportunity. :)

Back