xAntho_ny
Plaintiff

v.

RampantMech
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
Starting on November 18th, 2023, the defendant RampantMech, from nowhere has been murdering me over and over wherever I go, if it is me walking on the street, or afk somewhere, they are always murdering me, having me end up either in the build world hiding from the defendant or having to wait for them to leave the server in order to actually come out even with the /dynmap hide. Even though I keep reporting the defendant to the Dept. Justice, they still come after me and keep murdering me. And as of this lawsuit the defendant still keeps murdering me.

I. PARTIES
1. xAntho_ny (Plaintiff)
2. RampantMech (Defendant)

II. FACTS
  1. On November 18th, 2023 the defendant murdered the plaintiff over and over again and not stopping whenever the plaintiff is on.
2. The plaintiff has to hide somewhere in order for the defendant not to find them and murder them.
3. Even with the dynmap off the defendant still gets the plaintiff and murderers them despite being reported to the Department Of Justice

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. According to Legal Damages Act “The Loss of Enjoyment in Redmont: - situations in which an injured party loses their ability to engage in certain activities in the way that the injured party did before the harm.” In this case, the plaintiff could not do such things as walking around the city, standing somewhere, and talking to other players around the server.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
  1. $10,000.00 (Loss Of Enjoyment)
  2. $900.00 (Legal Fees)
  3. $10,900.00 (Total)
1700450098565.png
1700450103135.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.
DATED: This 19th day of November 2023

Idk if I'm supposed to reply here but:
1: I only killed u when u had a bounty. The entire point of the bounty system is that I'm supposed to hunt people with bounties, and it's not my fault u had bounties.
2: you only had 3 bounties so I only killed u 3 times.

I've never been sued before, but your complaining about me playing the game how its supposed to be played, which seems wrong.
Also if I'm supposed to reply somewhere else or got anything else wrong, some1 should correct me. I'm new to this :)

People cant lie in these right? Ill admit after all the bounties I've collected I don't remember them all, however the judge should ask the plaintiff why they didn't show that they had bounties as part of their "facts" section. It seems like it would be pretty important to the case.

MOTION TO STRIKE

You’re honor,

The defendant has spoken out of term. therefore we request all his messages above striked from the court.

MOTION TO STRIKE

You’re honor,

The defendant has spoken out of term. therefore we request all his messages above striked from the court.
i agree, i didnt know i had to wait :/

MOTION TO STRIKE

You’re honor,

Sustained. All of the Defendant's messages will be struck.

@RampantMech in the future, please make sure to follow court procedure. I will issue a Writ of Summons tomorrow, after which you may respond to the lawsuit, or get a lawyer to do so for you.

Seal_DC.png

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
The Defendant, @RampantMech is required to appear before the District Court in the case of xAntho_ny v. RampantMech [2023] DCR 49. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

your honor,
I have nothing against the plaintiff personally, or anyone else. I am simply a bounty hunter. every time I killed the plaintiff was because he had a bounty. The only reason i have to kill anybody is for their bounty. I played no part in setting the bounties. the plaintiff suing me for "loss of enjoyment" is as ridiculous as a criminal suing a cop who arrested them for "loss of enjoyment" or an inactive player suing a building inspector for "loss of enjoyment". I was simply doing my job, same as the other examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
your honor,
I have nothing against the plaintiff personally, or anyone else. I am simply a bounty hunter. every time I killed the plaintiff was because he had a bounty. The only reason i have to kill anybody is for their bounty. I played no part in setting the bounties. the plaintiff suing me for "loss of enjoyment" is as ridiculous as a criminal suing a cop who arrested them for "loss of enjoyment" or an inactive player suing a building inspector for "loss of enjoyment". I was simply doing my job, same as the other examples.
RampantMech, please try to adhere to the proper format for an Answer to Complaint. This statement is struck.

where can i find the proper format? i cant give a defense if i dont know the format.

where can i find the proper format? i cant give a defense if i dont know the format.

thank you, i may be mistaken but it says
1700959451043.png

doesnt that mean that the plaintiff cannot ask for $10,900, because its more than $7500?

this isnt my defense, im just seeking clarification.

xAntho_ny
Plaintiff

v.

RampantMech
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
The plaintiff’s complaint does not mention the fact that every time I killed him he had a bounty, and I only killed him a total of 6 times, which was across 2 days (3 times each day). Also, I stopped killing the plaintiff once he ran out of bounties, and I have not once killed the plaintiff after the lawsuit was posted, meaning his written statement included an incorrect sentence.

II. DEFENSES
I have nothing against the plaintiff personally, or anyone else. I am simply a bounty hunter, and I have the second most amount of bounties in the entire server. The only reason I have to kill anybody is to collect their bounty. I am completely impartial as a bounty hunter. My pursuit of bounties is not motivated by personal vendettas or biases. I am operating within the framework of a predetermined system where bounties are assigned by third parties. My role is to execute my duties without personal involvement, treating all individuals with bounties equally. Every time I killed the plaintiff it was because he had a bounty, which was set by a 3rd party, with no influence from me. The plaintiff suing me for “loss of enjoyment” is as ridiculous as a criminal suing a cop who arrested them for “loss of enjoyment” or an inactive player suing a building inspector who unclaimed their plots for “loss of enjoyment”, or anybody else simply doing their job. Likewise, bounty hunting is my job, and I should not be punished for doing my job as I am supposed to. As I said, I only collected the bounty of the plaintiff six times, over the course of two entire days. Individuals are killed far more than that on a regular basis in Redmont. The point of the loss of enjoyment law is meant to prevent intentional bullying, which I did not do. The plaintiff was able to do whatever he wanted and me killing him did not significantly slow his progress in any task. If the plaintiff had not hid away, I would have collected his bounties in a few minutes, and no time would have been wasted. The plaintiff decided to hide and stop his duties on his own accord, knowing it would be slower.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 26th day of November 2023

You’re honor I request a summary judgement

what is a summary judgement?

edit: i looked it up on google and i agree.

Last edited:
Very well, this case is now in recess until a verdict is delivered.

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT
xAntho_ny v. RampantMech [2023] DCR 49

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. For two days, the Defendant has "from nowhere" been murdering the Plaintiff non-stop.
2. The Plaintiff has to hide in the build world or leave the server to avoid being murdered by the Defendant.
3. Even with "/dynmap hide" the Defendant still finds them.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff had bounties and this is why the Defendant, who is a bounty hunter, murdered the Plaintiff all six times.
2. When the Plaintiff did not have a bounty, the Defendant did not murder him.
3. This was not a vendetta against the Plaintiff, but an unbiased bounty hunt.

III. COURT OPINION
1. The Oxford Dictionary defines "always" as "On all occasions, at all times [or] on every occasion, every time [or] (sometimes with the implication of annoyance) repeatedly, over and over."
2. Six murders over the course of roughly 48 hours cannot be described as "they are always murdering me," as it does not become "repeatedly, over and over" or "on all occasions, at all times" or "on every occasion, every time."
3. This could be proven otherwise if the Plaintiff provided evidence that the minutes surrounding the murders were the only times he was online.
4. Regardless, even assuming it was accurate to describe the murders in such a way, does this warrant relief to the Plaintiff -- not in this case.
5. Apart from Legal Fees, the only Prayer for Relief is Loss of Enjoyment in Redmont. Whilst the Plaintiff claims they "could not do such things as walking around the city, standing somewhere, and talking to other players around the server" they provide no evidence that this is the case.
6. Furthermore, even if it is true, the brevity of the supposed damage would significantly limit, or perhaps even negate, the damages awarded.
7. Nonetheless, Murder is illegal and the Plaintiff has established a Cause of Action.

IV. VERDICT
The District Court hereby rules in favor of the Plaintiff.

The District Court recognizes that illegal actions were taken by the Defendant, but he has (presumably) already been punished for the crime of Murder. The Court does not see a need to award any damages for Loss of Enjoyment in this case - and thus, the Legal Fees are also $0.

Thus, despite ruling in favor of the Plaintiff, no Prayer for Relief is granted.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back