Supporter
The_Donuticus
The_Donuticus
attorney
A
BILL
To

Establish Offences under the Standardized Criminal Code

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the ‘Violent Offences Act'
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act has been authored by: The_Donuticus
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: VanillaChai79

2 - Reasons
The current system of sorting crimes is too chaotic and messy. This Act exists as part of the Standardized Criminal Code package of bills to address this.

3 - Criminal Code
The Violent Offences Act will establish the crimes outlined in '4 - Offences' as an extension of the Standardized Criminal Code Act.

4 - Legal Processes
(1) Dispersal Order (Original: Milkcrack - Dec 6, 2020)
(i) An identified person or group of persons may be subject to a dispersal order should they be continuously inciting and/or conducting violence against others.
(ii) For a dispersal order to be valid, a member of the DoJ with the rank Sergeant or above must:
> Identify the individuals subject to the dispersal order in global chat and /msg
> State the area within which they are not permitted to return.
> State the time from which the dispersal order is active.
(iii) Dispersal orders are only valid for 15 minutes and for an area no bigger than 50 x 50 blocks.
(iv) Dispersal orders may be reapplied as long as the Sergeant sanctioning the order can justify the necessity for the order.

(2) Self Defense (Original: FracturedGhast7 - Jun 27, 2021)
(i) A reasonable and proportionate defensive response to an imminent threat where a criminal action against the individual or property has been directly made, threatened, or implied.
(ii) Crimes committed can be appealed under a claim of self defense, at which point all punishments are to be delayed until after the appeal.

(3) Bounties
(i) Bounties are considered legal, and the Department of Justice may not arrest a citizen for setting one.
(ii) No citizen may be persecuted for setting a bounty in a court of law.

5 - Offences
(1) Assault (Original: Icypenguin79 - Feb 21, 2021)
(i) Classification: Summary Criminal Offense
The act of hitting a player, causing a loss of no more than 3 hearts; or putting them in a place of danger (such as pointing a weapon at them).
Per Offense: $100 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

(2) Attempted Murder (Original: Icypenguin79 - Feb 21, 2021)
The act of repetitively hitting a player, causing a loss of more than 3 hearts. This crime overrides Assault.
Per Offense: $75 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

(3) Dispersal Order Breech (Original: Milkcrack - Dec 6, 2020)
The act of violating an established dispersal order.
Per Offense: $100 Fine

(4) Falsely Claiming Self Defense
(i) Classification: Indictable Criminal Offense
The act of falsing claiming you acted under self defense when committing another crime.
Per Offense: Doubles the punishment for all crimes which were claimed to be under self defense.

(5) Harassment, Alarm, or Distress (Original: Milkcrack - Dec 6, 2020)
The act of disorderly behavior towards an individual or a group of individuals, that may be deemed to a reasonable person as causing harassment, alarm, or distress.
Minimum Sentencing: $500 Fine
Maximum Sentencing: $10,000 Fine + 60 Minutes Jail Time

(6) Violent Disorder (Original: Milkcrack - Dec 6, 2020)
The act of 3 or more persons who are present together where they use or threaten unlawful violence, where the conduct of is such as would cause a person at the scene to fear for their own personal safety, each of the persons using or threatening unlawful violence is guilty of violent disorder.
Minimum Sentencing: $500 Fine
Maximum Sentencing: $10,000 Fine + 60 Minutes Jail Time

(7) Murder (Original: LilDigiVert - Dec 4, 2021)
The act of unlawfully killing another player. This law overrides attempted murder, assault, and trespassing.
Per Offence: $100 fine + 10 minutes jail time

(8) Kidnapping
The act of locking a player who did not give consent or a tamed pet that the kidnapper does not own in a room without any way to get out (excluding commands).
Per Offense: $100 fine + 5 minutes jail time

(9) Hostage Holding
The act of holding a player at gunpoint and not letting them leave until they pay you “ransom”. This crime overrides assault and/or kidnapping.
Per Offense: $100 fine + 10 minutes jail time

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

House: 9 - 1 - 0
Senate: 4 - 0 - 0

A
BILL
To
Add murder under the Violent Offenses Act

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the ‘Violent Offences Amendment Act'
(3) This Act has been authored by Speaker of the House ElainaThomas29
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Representative RandomIntruder and Senator Avelanie

2 - Reasons
This Bill will add Murder under the Violent Offenses Act in order to allow the LDV Thoughts and Prayers Amendment Act to be repealed while keeping murder illegal.

3 - Terms
Adds the following to the Violent Offenses Act:
The act of unlawfully killing another player. This law overrides attempted murder, assault, and trespassing.

Presidential Assent

Last edited:
House Vote: 10-0-0
Senate Vote: 4-2-0

A
BILL
To

Clarify the definition of Assault

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Assault Clarification Act”.
(3) This Act has been authored by: pepper5980.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: HiPerb.

2 - Reasons
(1) The passing of the Violent Offences Act of 2022 changed Assault from a hit that costs three hearts or less of damage to one hit that costs more than 3 hearts of damage. This has caused confusion among the police ranks and it allows people to hit other people without any criminal offense.

3 - Terms
(1) The following change will be made to Section 5, subsection 1 of the Violent Offences Act of 2022:

(1) Assault (Original: Icypenguin79 - Feb 21, 2021)
The act of hitting a player, causing a loss of no more than 3 hearts; or putting them in a place of danger (such as pointing a weapon at them).
Per Offense: $100 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
To

Amend the Violent Offences Act

(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Amend the Violent Offences Act.'
(3) This Act has been proposed by Rep. ANDREASP15
(4) This Act has been authored by Sen. zLost
(5) This Act has been co-sponsored by Sen. Yeet_Boy

2 - Reasons
(1) Attempted murder is a more serious crime than murder, when comparing its fines.
(2) This does not make sense, as attempted murder should be a less serious crime than murder.
(3) This bill aims to fix that.

3 - Amendments

Section 5, Part 2 of Violent Offences Act will be changed from:
The act of repetitively hitting a player, causing a loss of more than 3 hearts. This crime overrides Assault.
Per Offense: $500 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

To:

Per Offense: $75 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

House Vote: 6-3-0
Senate Vote: 4-0-0
A
BILL
To

Amend the Violent Offences Act​

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the Constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Kidnapping Act'.
(3) This Act has been authored by Representative TheReal42Person.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Sen. zLost.
(5) This Act has been approved by (frmr.) Justice Secretary KingCleaver.

2 - Reasons
(1) There are not very many criminal RP bills.
(2) Kidnapping and/or holding hostages could be a good idea for a crime.

3 - Section 5 of the Violent Offences Act shall be amended as follows:
(8) Kidnapping
The act of locking a player who did not give consent or a tamed pet that the kidnapper does not own in a room without any way to get out (excluding commands).
Per Offense: $100 fine + 5 minutes jail time

(9) Hostage Holding
The act of holding a player at gunpoint and not letting them leave until they pay you “ransom”. This crime overrides assault and/or kidnapping.
Per Offense: $100 fine + 10 minutes jail time

PLEASE NOTE: This Act is for criminal RP purposes only and you can easily do /spawn or /home, but there is no fun in that!

Last edited:

Presidential Assent

AMENDMENT
Senate Vote: 4-0-0
House Vote: 9-1-0

Section 3, titled "Section 5 of the Violent Offences Act shall be amended as follows:" is hereby amended as follows:

"(8) Kidnapping
The act of locking a player or animal in a room without any way to get out (excluding commands).
Per Offense: $100 fine + 5 minutes jail time"

To:
"(8) Kidnapping
Per Offense: $100 fine + 5 minutes jail time"

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
To

Make Bounties Legal and Amend the Violent Offences Act

(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Legal Bounties Act.'
(3) This Act has been proposed by Rep. Yeet_Boy
(4) This Act has been authored by zLost
(5) This Act has been co-sponsored by Sen. xEndeavour, Rep. 1950minecrafter, Rep. itsBlazeX, & Rep. Bezzergeezer

2 - Reasons
(1) Recently, the DLA has started persecuting people for setting bounties.
(2) Bounties are a vital, and intended, part of the server, and should not be illegalized.
(3) Bounties are just a reward for killing someone, whether legally or not, that is up to the bounty hunter, and is not the fault of the person who set the bounty if the bounty was claimed illegally.

3 - Amendments
Section 4 of the Violent Offences Act will add a new section:

(3) Bounties

(i) Bounties are considered legal, and the Department of Justice may not arrest a citizen for setting one.

(ii) No citizen may be persecuted for setting a bounty in a court of law.

Last edited:
House: 10-0-0
Senate: 6-0-0

A
BILL
To
Change murder to a summary offence

(1) This Act may be cited as the ‘Murder Quick Fix Act'
(3) This Act has been authored by Senator Milkcrack and Representative Bezzergeezer
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Senator Milkcack

2 - Reasons
(1) Murder has mistakenly been classified as an indictable offence, it should be a summary offence.

3 - Amendments
Section 5 subsection 7 of the Violent Offenses Act:
Is amended from:

To

Presidential Assent

Back