Commerce Department
Public Affairs Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Supporter
xAntho_ny
xAntho_ny
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CRIMINAL ACTION

The Commonwealth Of Redmont (xAntho_ny representing)
Prosecution

v.

zLost
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:

PROSECUTING AUTHORITY REPORT
On September 5th, 2023 zLost made an advertisement via /ad in game announcing that the defendant will pay their fine if they break the law. zLost asked a player MoonKairiki how many people they were going to murder and MoonKairiki said a few.

I. PARTIES
1. The Commonwealth Of Redmont (Prosecution)
2. zLost (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. zLost made an announcement saying that they will fund whatever crime they commit. (Exhibit A)
2. zLost asks a player, MoonKairiki, how many murders that they will commit. (Exhibit B)
3. MoonKairiki responds to zLost and says that they will commit a few murders. (Exhibit B)
4. MoonKairki breaks the law by murdering players on the server. (Exhibit C and D)
5. zLost then proceeds to /pay MoonKairiki $100 (Exhibit E)

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. 1 count of Incitement (Saviour Act) due to zLost announcing to the players that he will pay for their crimes.
2. 1 count of Accomplice To A Crime (Accomplice And Conspiracy Offenses Act), in this case murder, due to MoonKairiki murdering players and zLost paying them $100.
exhibita.png
exhibitb.png
exhibitd.png
exhibite.png
exhibitf.png
IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. For one count of Incitement: $100
2. For one count of Accomplice to Murder: $75 and 7 minutes and 30 seconds in jail

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 12th day of September 2023

Can the Commonwealth please explain their rationale for bringing a summary offense and non-classified offense before this court?

Can the Commonwealth please explain their rationale for bringing a summary offense and non-classified offense before this court?
Your honor, Accomplice to Crime is an Indictable offense - not summary (see Act of Congress - Accomplice and Conspiracy Offenses Act)

Furthermore, because Incitement is not classified as either Summary nor Indictable, it is not clear who has jurisdiction over it, but since the Courts have the authority to interpret the law, it seemed like the safer bet.

PwFVDhr.png

WRIT OF SUMMONS
@zLost is required to appear before the court in the case of The Commonwealth Of Redmont v. zLost [2023] DCR 27. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

zLost
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defence affirms zLost made an announcement saying that they will fund whatever crime they commit.
2. The Defence affirms zLost asks a player, MoonKairiki, how many murders that they will commit.
3. The Defence affirms MoonKairiki responds to zLost and says that they will commit a few murders.
4. The Defence affirms MoonKairki breaks the law by murdering players on the server.
5. The Defence partially affirms (as full context wasn't given) zLost then proceeds to /pay MoonKairiki $100

II. DEFENCES
1. Your Honor, while it is true that zLost announced that he'll pay for crimes, this does not mean that zLost asked people to commit crimes. It is entirely possible that zLost was trying to just help out citizen's who'd been in a bad place and committed crimes, and help them get back into society by giving them the money they lost from such crimes.
2. Along with this, while yes, MoonKairki did in fact commit a murder after the ad, it does not have any proof that the reason was due to the ad. The Defence never gave MoonKairki any money to commit a crime, as the Prosecution has not shown a key chat in this case. A few minutes after the ad, MoonKairki asked for money to buy iron, which is why zLost paid a hundred dollars to MoonKairki (evidence below). It is not the job of the Defendant to question what the money is used for. As well as the fact that while the Defendant is being persecuted for Accomplice To A Crime, the Defendant never directly took part in the murders.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 21st day of September 2023

Attachments

• 1695298842356.png
    1695298842356.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 47
The Defence would like to move for summary judgement

OBJECTION
Perjury

The conversation took place 2 minutes after the payment, and here is our proof:

Look at Exhibit E -- this screenshot is taken by Prosecutor xAntho_ny (who is in the Pacific timezone). We see from staff that at 9:59am Pacific Time, it had been 6.05 days (6 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes) since the payment was made.

That is, the payment was made at 8:47am Pacific Time.

Look at this screenshot, showing (from the Central timezone [my timezone]) when this conversation took place:
1695302250568.png

As you can see, this conversation took place at 10:49am Central time.

That is, this conversation took place at 8:49am Pacific time.

This is irrefutable evidence that the Defendant tried to cover up his crime after the fact by disguising it as an iron deal, then lied about it in this court.

For clarity: We have proven that zLost paid MoonKairiki, before the conversation about iron occurred.

RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

caption-1-min.gif

Decision on Perjury Charge

Given the context of the situation, it appears that zLost indeed made a false submission in this court. He then places a gif in this channel stating "foiled again". I am taking this as an admission of guilt.

I hereby find the defendant guilty of one charge of perjury and order the DOJ secretary @Technofied to fine zLost $1,000 dollars per Act of Congress - Corruption and Espionage Offenses Act.

Does the prosecution agree with the defendant's request for summary judgment?

Yes, your honor.

I am informing the Court that I am no longer the Attorney General. @drew_hall is and I will no longer be involved in this case.

Verdict

VERDICT
The Commonwealth Of Redmont v. zLost [2023] DCR 27

I. PROSECUTION'S POSITION
1. zLost made an announcement saying that they will fund whatever crime they commit. In doing so, the defendant committed incitement.
2. MoonKairiki responds to zLost and says that they will commit a few murders. MoonKairki breaks the law by murdering players on the server. zLost then proceeds to /pay MoonKairiki $100. In doing so, the defendant committed a conspiracy to murder.
3. Accomplice to Murder, falling under the Conspiracy Law, is an indictable offense and therefore requires a court case.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Affirms most positions of the prosecution.
2. On the one point they did not affirm, they were found guilty of committing perjury for lying in their defense.

III. COURT OPINION
1. The Defendant is guilty of all counts and agrees with all charging as requested by the prosecution
2. Congress needs to review the law revolving around the conspiracy charge. The only reason this needed to be adhjucated is because what normally is a summary offense was turned into an indictable offense because of the way the law is written.

IV. VERDICT
The District Court hereby rules in favor of the prosecution and grants the Sentencing as is.

The District Court orders the Department of Justice to fine the Defendant a total of $175 as well as to jail the Defendant for 7 and a half minutes.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back