Mask3D_WOLF
(Solid Law Representing)
Plaintiff

v.

DocsTheory
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

The defendant signed a contract to pay back a loan from the plaintiff, but failed to pay back the money.

I. PARTIES
1. Mask3D_WOLF
2. DocsTheory

II. FACTS
1. On the 10th of June, 2023, the plaintiff paid the defendant $1,000 with the terms that the defendant pay back the money within one week. The defendant signed an in game contract with the plaintiff agreeing to these terms (Exhibit A).
2. The plaintiff reminded the defendant to pay back the loan numerous times through Discord (Exhibit B).
3 it has been multiple days since the contract expired and the defendant has still not paid back the plaintiff.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. By not paying back the loan before the due date, the defendant has committed breach of contract.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $1,000 to repay the loan
2. $200 in legal fees

EVIDENCE:
2023-06-10_10.03.47.png

2023-06-10_10.03.46.png

IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0771.jpg

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 7th day of July 2023

DocsTheory has killed my cat and refused to compensate me. He threatened me with a gun and bragged in chat.

RylandW, you may not talk in court threads unless summoned. This is your one and only warning, and any more talking out of turn will result in contempt charges.

district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@DocsTheory is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Mask3D_WOLF v. DocsTheory [2023] DCR 14.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

The defense is present your honor. The Lovely Law Firm will be representing.
IMG_4847.jpeg

Your honor, the Defense is almost 48 hours late.

We respectfully request a default judgement.

Your honor, we submitted our attendance before a ruling was made. Therefore, my client has every right to a fair trial.

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO STRIKE | MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT | MOTION TO SUBMIT NEW EVIDENCE

1. MOTION TO STRIKE
Your honor, all the messages from "The defense is present your honor. The Lovely Law Firm will be representing." to "Your honor, we submitted our attendance before a ruling was made. Therefore, my client has every right to a fair trial."

including my own,

do not follow court procedure and are not the correct format.

We request that all of these filings be struck from the record.

Notably, the Defendant's Counsel - an Attorney and well-known lawyer - did not even respond to the case with a proper Answer to Complaint or Motion to Dismiss, rather they simply announced their presence.

2. MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

Because the Defense has failed to satisfactorily appear before the court in time, we request Summary Judgement as the court has already ordered: "Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case."

3. MOTION TO SUBMIT NEW EVIDENCE
We would like to submit "Exhibit C" as new evidence, proving that the disputed events of this case happened at least 20 days ago (they actually happened longer ago, but 20 days is sufficient, as the contract required paying the loan back in 7 days).
As you can see, I took this screenshot today. ridgey251 was last seen in Redmont over 20 days ago, and the screenshot where the contract took place (Exhibit A) shows that ridgey251 was online at the time. Thus, far longer than 7 days have passed, and the Defendant is in Breach of Contract.
1689266292203.png

Your honor, it is blatantly unfair for the plaintiff to motion for summary judgment and then turn right around and add more evidence.

I motion that we proceed to trial, and I will post the defense response if the court pleases.

In response to the motions:
To the Motion to Strike, I will accept this motion, as the period in which the Defendant could respond had significantly expired by the time the Defense made their response. There were also no extenuating circumstances mentioned by the Defense that would lead me to believe there is a need for an extension of this much time. All messages made between "The defense is present your honor" and "Your honor, we submitted" will be struck from the record.

I will reject the motion for summary judgment, as a default judgment will be entered without the need for a summary judgment.

I also reject the motion for new evidence. By the Plaintiff's own argument, the period in which the case could have been continued expired long ago. The case will stand as it was filed and there will be no new evidence permitted. The Plaintiff's Exhibit C will not be considered in the verdict.

This court is now in recess for deliberation, and a default verdict will be posted shortly.

In response to the motions:
To the Motion to Strike, I will accept this motion, as the period in which the Defendant could respond had significantly expired by the time the Defense made their response. There were also no extenuating circumstances mentioned by the Defense that would lead me to believe there is a need for an extension of this much time. All messages made between "The defense is present your honor" and "Your honor, we submitted" will be struck from the record.

I will reject the motion for summary judgment, as a default judgment will be entered without the need for a summary judgment.

I also reject the motion for new evidence. By the Plaintiff's own argument, the period in which the case could have been continued expired long ago. The case will stand as it was filed and there will be no new evidence permitted. The Plaintiff's Exhibit C will not be considered in the verdict.

This court is now in recess for deliberation, and a default verdict will be posted shortly.
Motion to reconsider, your honor.

The defendant was away in real life and did not even see these summons. I was just retained this morning and responded when I could. To deny my client a trial due to an arbitrary deadline even you did not instantly meet is wrong. I motion to proceed to trial as all parties are here and no harm was done by my client's absence. We all have lives, including you. Be understanding of my client as well, your honor.

Motion to reconsider is denied. I am generally fairly lenient with deadlines, but your response was almost 12 hours after the deadline. This court is in recess.

Your honor, we've been waiting for a verdict for 10 days.

Is there an ETA on when we might hear back?

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
Mask3D_WOLF v. DocsTheory [2023] DCR 14

I. PLAINTIFF’S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff made a contract with the Defendant for the Plaintiff to loan $1,000 to the Defendant, to be repaid after one week.
2. The Defendant then failed to repay the contractually agreed upon amount.
3. The Defendant thus breached the contract the two parties agreed to, and the Plaintiff is entitled to their money back.

II. DEFENSE’S POSITION
1. The Defendant failed to appear in court.

III. COURT’S OPINION
1. In this case, a legally binding agreement was made. Both parties were aware of the terms, which were reasonably clear, and it appears both parties entered into the contract of their own volition, with legal intent.
2. The Plaintiff has not shown proof that they paid the Defendant the agreed loan, however, because the Defendant made multiple statements of intent to repay the Plaintiff, it is understood that they acknowledged the contract’s being upheld by the Plaintiff.
3. By this, it is the opinion of the Court that the Plaintiff is entitled to receive their money, as agreed upon in the contract.

IV. VERDICT
I find in favor of the Plaintiff, and I will grant a full prayer for relief. I order that the Defendant be fined $1,500 and that same amount be unfined to the Plaintiff by the Department of Justice.

The court thanks both parties for their time. This case is hereby adjourned.
*Edited to correct case number from DCR 16 to DCR 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back