xEndeavour
xEndeavour
constructor
House Vote: 10-0-0
Senate Vote: 4-0-0
A
BILL
To​

Provide for Judicial Standards and to amend the Constitution.
The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Judicial Standards Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.

2 - Reasons
(1) This Act will form a consolidated law of standards for the judiciary.
(2) This bill has too many working parts to include in what has been removed, changed, added etc. There were minor changes to wording and format which I encourage people to cross check with the constitution and the below acts of congress. Where necessary, use a text comparator as well.

3 - Consolidation
(1) The following will be rescinded:
a. Contempt of Court Act
b. Court Appeals System Act
c. Criminal Jurisdiction Act
d. Judiciary Act

12. Judicial Power
Judicial power is vested in the court.

13. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal‌ ‌Court‌ ‌System‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont
The‌ ‌Judicial‌ ‌arm‌ ‌of‌ ‌Government,‌ ‌consisting‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌Federal Court,‌ ‌and‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌ interpret‌ ‌the‌ ‌law‌ ‌as‌ ‌written‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌legislature‌ ‌and‌ ‌administered‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Executive.‌ Lawsuits‌ ‌can‌ ‌be‌ ‌made to the court as either‌ ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌(a‌ ‌dispute‌ ‌between‌ ‌two‌ ‌parties,‌ ‌usually‌ ‌seeking‌ ‌compensation)‌ ‌or‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌cases‌ ‌(an‌ ‌appeal‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌state‌ ‌against‌ ‌a‌ ‌charge,‌ ‌or‌ ‌a‌ ‌case‌ ‌filed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌state‌ ‌regarding‌ ‌a‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌act. i.e. Citizens cannot prosecute).‌ ‌Where‌ ‌there‌ ‌is‌ ‌a‌ ‌failure‌ ‌to‌ appear,‌ ‌the‌ ‌courts will trial in absentia and ‌will‌ ‌deliver‌ ‌a‌ ‌verdict‌ ‌considering‌ ‌the‌ ‌facts‌ ‌presented‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌Court.‌ ‌

DISTRICT COURT

14. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌

The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s of Redmont ‌hear ‌all‌ ‌minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance.‌ The District Courts are presided over by ‌a‌ ‌single‌ ‌Magistrate‌ ‌under‌ ‌the‌ ‌supervision‌ ‌of‌ ‌a‌ ‌Judge‌ ‌or‌ ‌Justice.‌ ‌Each‌ ‌town‌ ‌or‌ ‌city‌ ‌shall‌ ‌be‌ ‌considered‌ ‌a‌ ‌district‌ ‌and‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌Magistrate.‌ ‌There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌one ‌(1)‌ Magistrates ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌District Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌per jurisdiction at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌

15. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌
(a) The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) arrests
(ii) wrongful‌ ‌seizure
(‌iii)‌ public official misconduct
(iv) minor‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌prosecutions‌ ‌that‌ ‌result‌ ‌in‌ ‌jail‌ ‌not‌ ‌exceeding‌ ‌20‌ ‌minutes‌ ‌or‌ ‌$2500‌ ‌dollars‌ ‌(inclusive) of‌ ‌fines
(v) minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌whose‌ ‌value‌ ‌does‌ ‌not‌ ‌exceed‌ $20,000‌ ‌dollars (inclusive).‌

FEDERAL COURT

16. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌

The‌ ‌Federal Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌hears‌ ‌all‌ ‌major‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance and is‌ ‌the‌ ‌appellate‌ ‌court‌ ‌for‌ ‌verdicts‌ ‌made‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Courts‌. The Federal Court is presided over by a single Judge. There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌three ‌(3)‌ Judges‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌ ‌ ‌

17. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court
(a) The‌ ‌Federal ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) Questions of constitutionality
(ii) Major ‌criminal‌ ‌prosecutions‌ ‌that‌ ‌result‌ ‌in‌ ‌jail‌ ‌exceeding‌ ‌20‌ ‌minutes‌ ‌or‌ ‌$2500‌ ‌dollars‌ ‌of‌ ‌fines
(iii) Major ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌whose‌ ‌value‌ exceed‌s $20,000‌ ‌dollars.‌ ‌
(iv) Any cases of significance that do not fit within the established bounds of court jurisdictions.

(b) The Federal Court of Redmont is the appellate court for the District Court of Redmont.

(c) Other powers of the Federal Court of Redmont include:
(i) Issuing warrants‌
(ii) Ordering a ‌party before the Federal Court to ‌have‌ ‌a‌ ‌lawyer‌ ‌in‌ ‌order‌ ‌to‌ ‌proceed‌ ‌with‌ ‌their‌ ‌case
(iii) Assuming ‌the‌ ‌responsibilities‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌‌when necessary.

SUPREME COURT
18. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌

The‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ is the highest court in the nation, hearing all final appeals and challenges to removing a public office holder (see s19a(ii)). The Supreme Court is presided over by three Justices. ‌ The Supreme Court is chaired by a Chief Justice who is ‌nominated‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌President‌ ‌and‌ ‌confirmed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Senate‌. There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌three ‌(3)‌ Justices (Chief Justice included) ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌ ‌All available Justices preside over Supreme Court cases and form a majority opinion. Any Justices who do not agree with the majority opinion deliver individual or joint dissenting opinions which are published alongside the majority opinion. A minimum of two (2) Justices in agreement must be met to deliver a verdict on a Supreme Court case, and where there is a disagreement, the Chief Justice's opinion will prevail. The‌ ‌decision‌ ‌of the Supreme Court is‌ ‌final‌ ‌-‌ ‌there‌ ‌are‌ ‌no‌ ‌further‌ ‌appeals‌ ‌once‌ ‌a‌ ‌matter‌ ‌has‌ ‌been‌ ‌decided‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court ‌and‌ ‌the‌ ‌decision‌ ‌is‌ ‌binding‌ ‌on‌ ‌all‌ ‌other‌ ‌courts.‌ A party can appeal a Supreme Court decision based on a point of law or if a significant amount of new evidence is made available. The appeal must convince the Court that the Justices that heard the original case made an error of law and that the error was of such significance that the decision should be overturned. Some examples of significant errors of law are that the Judge that heard the original case:
  • applied an incorrect principle of law; or
  • made a finding of fact or facts on an important issue which could not be supported by the evidence.
In order to post in the Supreme Court, you must have legal standing (i.e. you are represented by someone who is a lawyer in-game or you are qualified in law in-game yourself) ‌

19. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌
(a) The‌ ‌Supreme Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) Removal of officials from Public Office (Judicial Officers, Members of Congress, Members of Cabinet)
(ii) Resolving‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌between‌ ‌Government‌ ‌Institutions

(b) The Supreme Court of Redmont is the appellate court for the Federal Court of Redmont.

(c) Other powers of the Supreme Court of Redmont include:
(i) Ordering a ‌party before the Supreme Court to ‌have‌ ‌a‌ ‌lawyer‌ ‌in‌ ‌order‌ ‌to‌ ‌proceed‌ ‌with‌ ‌their‌ ‌case
(ii) Assuming ‌the‌ ‌responsibilities‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌‌and Federal Court of Redmont when necessary.

20. Judicial Officers
Judicial Officers is the collective name given to Magistrates, Judges, Justices, and the Chief Justice. Judicial Officers are‌ ‌responsible‌ ‌for‌ ‌presiding‌ ‌over‌ ‌and‌ ‌delivering‌ ‌non-biased‌ ‌verdicts‌ ‌on‌ ‌all‌ ‌lawsuits.‌ ‌Judicial Officers can rule on their Court, or on lower courts if required. Judicial Officers cannot preside over an appeal that they have already ruled on previously in a lower court. Magistrates‌ ‌are‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌appointed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌to‌ ‌serve‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court.‌ Federal Court Judges,‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌Justices,‌ ‌and‌ ‌the‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌are‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌nominated‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ President‌ ‌and‌ ‌approved‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Senate.‌ ‌Where‌ ‌there‌ ‌is‌ ‌no‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice,‌ ‌the‌ ‌most‌ ‌senior‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌is‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌by‌ ‌default‌ ‌until‌ ‌otherwise‌ ‌provided. Judicial Requirements The following requirements exist in order to be nominated to the bench: Chief Justice - has accrued 150 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days Justice - has accrued 125 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days Judge - has accrued 72 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days ‌ If‌ ‌there‌ ‌are‌ ‌no‌ ‌Justices‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌the‌ ‌President‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌week‌ ‌to‌ ‌nominate‌ ‌a‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌or‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice.‌

13 - Standards of Proof
(1) The following shall apply:
a. Balance of Probabilities - Required in civil actions.
b. Probable Cause - Required for a warrant.
c. Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt - Required in criminal prosecutions.

14 - Burden of Proof
The onus of the burden of proof is on the Prosecution.

15 - State Legal Representation
The Commonwealth may appoint a prosecutor to represent the state in court in lieu of the Attorney General.

16 - Recusal
(1) Judicial disqualification, also referred to as recusal, is the act of abstaining from participation in a case due to a conflict of interest.
(2) A motion to recuse can be filed at any point in a case prior to the verdict. A Judge must consider whether or not to voluntarily recuse themselves.
(3) Where a judge does not voluntarily recuse, a second Judge will respond to the motion and either accept or deny it. In the instance the judge accepts the motion, that judge will then preside over the case.
(4) Conflict of interest may involve:
a. Bias/appearance of bias.
b. Interest.
c. Ex Parte Communications.
d. Breach of Judicial Conduct.
e. Prior Work as a Lawyer for either party.

17 - Warrants
(1) The court may issue warrants - court orders that allow actions that would otherwise be unlawful - for the following:
a. Search - Expresses permission for a Police Officer, accompanied or unaccompanied, to enter private property in order to search for evidence or contraband. Staff will be required to assist with searching chests, however the Officer will not have direct access.
b. Asset Seizure - to seize assets when an individual does not have sufficient monetary funds to pay a court order or unsettled fines. The unpaid fines must have been standing for at least 2 months and can be seen in the DoJ #fines channel. A DoJ employee must also /mail the person about their fines at least three days prior to requesting an asset seizure warrant.
c. Arrest Warrant - for entering private property to arrest a wanted individual.
(2) The Debtor must be given a 5-day notice by the Department of Justice. The Debtor must be informed that they provide the outstanding money needed to pay off their debt within a period of 5 days or assets will be seized to cover their outstanding debt.

18 - Injunctions
(1) The courts may issue injunctions - orders that compel a party in a case to do something or to refrain from doing something - for the following:
a. Permanent - Permanent injunctions aim to enforce the rights of others.
b. Emergency - Injunctions that are issued before the court has tried a case to prevent harm. If the applicant fails to file a lawsuit within 4 hours of requesting an emergency injunction the order will be null and void.
(2) Abuse of this type of order results in civil liability for seven fold the actual damages.

19 - Writs
(1) The courts may issue writs - a written command in the name of a court to act, or abstain from acting, in a particular way - for the following:
a. Writ of Mandamus - Orders the government or a government agency to do or to refrain from doing something as is their duty under the law.
b. Quo Warranto - Orders the government or a government agency to appear before the court to establish its authority to do something.

20 - Appeals
(1) Once a court case is adjourned, either party may request to appeal the decision by filing an appeal in the court of the next tier. Once a case has been decided by the Supreme Court, it cannot be appealed.
(2) Requirements:--
- Less than one month has elapsed since the court’s decision;
- the appeal follows a format laid out by the courts in a thread that will be authored upon this bill’s passage; and
- the appeal is not made just for the sake of appealing.

21 - Appeal Response
(1) In the event that the appeal request is accepted by the court, a new trial will occur.
(2) In the event that this is an appeal of an appealed decision and there are only two sitting judges, the Speaker of Congress will also preside.

22 - Appeal Outcome
(1) In the event the court’s original decision was overturned, one of two events will occur.
a. If the plaintiff had originally won the case and the defendant was charged with compensatory actions, the defendant will be fully refunded by the plaintiff.
b. If the defendant had originally won the case, the court will decide compensatory actions for the plaintiff to receive.
(2) In the event the court did not overturn their decision, all court orders from the original case remain standing.

23 - Supreme Court Appeals
(1) A party can appeal based on a point of law. The appeal must convince the Court that the Justices that heard the original case made an error of law and that the error was of such significance that the decision should be overturned.
(a) Some examples of significant errors of law are that the Judge that heard the original case:
  • made a finding of fact or facts on an important issue which could not be supported by the evidence.
24 - Sentencing
(1) Where there is a continued threat to player safety or enjoyment due to the commission of crime, the prosecuting authority can impose punishment prior to a trial.
a. Where an individual is found guilty at trial, any punishment already undertaken will be deemed spent.
b. Where an individual is found innocent at trial, they shall be compensated up to $50 per minute spent in jail for offences found unproven, alongside a reimbursement of any fine paid for unproven offences.

25 - Trials
(1) For a criminal trial to take place -
a. The prosecuting authority must be represented by a prosecutor.
i. The defendant may have representation or have declared they are representing themselves.
ii. If the defendant is eligible for a Public Defender, the Court must allow reasonable time for the defendant to source legal counsel.

26 - Judicial Officers
(1) The Supreme Court may appoint an unlimited amount of judicial officers to assist in the duties of the courts.
(2) These judicial officers will serve at the pleasure of the Supreme Court and can be removed at any time. In addition, Congress may at any time remove any judicial officer via the regular legislative process if they believe such a judicial officer has interfered with the functions of the branch.
(3) The following positions are considered judicial officers to the branch:
a. Court Clerk

27 - External Assistance Creation
(1) Any Magistrate, Judge, or Justice, may request and order external assistance from the following Departments:
a. The Department of Justice, to issue fines and assist in the security of any in-game court proceeding.
b. The Department of Public Affairs, to sanction in-game trials as events if necessary.
c. The Department of Health, to assist in the on-site crisis-management of any sort of infectious disease spread during an in-game court proceeding.
d. The Department of Construction and Transport, to issue repairs and or changes that are necessary for the efficient running of the courthouse.
(2) In addition, the following temporary positions may be established during in-game court proceedings:
a. Bailiff, utilizing a police officer from the Department of Justice
b. Stenographer, utilizing a Court Clerk or temporarily appointing any player who is available at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law. Now please, no more consolidation ;(

A BILL To

Amend the Judicial Standards Act​

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Court Appeals Amendment”.
(3) The Act has been co-sponsored by: Representative poemhunter

2 - Reasons
(1) The current act is outdated and does not account for the changes to the courts.
(2) The current act is contradicting with the judicial restructuring amendment.

3 - Amendments
(1) Change in §18.1 "Once a court case is Adjourned, either party may request to appeal the decision by filing an appeal in the Courthouse sub-forum." to "Once a court case is adjourned, either party may request to appeal the decision by filing an appeal in the court of the next tier. Once a case has been decided by the Supreme Court, it cannot be appealed."
(2) Change in §19.1 "In the event the appeal request is accepted by the court, the judge who did not preside over the original case will preside." to "In the event that the appeal request is accepted by the court, a new trial will occur."
(3) Removes §19.2

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted Presidential Assent and is hereby signed into law.

A
BILL
TO
Amend the Constitution and Judicial Standards Amendment

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1. This Act may be cited as the “Homicide of Civilization Amendment”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Mayor LilDigiVert & Rep. Hamhamham420
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Tekkovvs
2 - Reasons

Look, forget all that "Happy to be here" stuff
That y'all want me on
I'm the big homie, they still be tryna lil bro me, dog
Like I should fall in line, like I should alert yall
When I'm 'bout to drop somethin' crazy
And not say I'm the greatest of my generation, like I should be dressing different
Like I should be less aggressive and pessimistic
Like I should be way more nervous and less dismissive
Like I should be on my best behavior and not talk my shtick
And do it major like the politicians who paved the way for us
Like I didn't study the game to the letter
And understand that I'm not doin' it the same
Man, I'm doing it better
Like I didn't make that clearer this year
Like I should feel, I don't know, guilty for saying that
They should put a couple more mirrors in here
So I can stare at myself
These are usually just some thoughts
That I would share with myself
But I thought "F it", it's worth it to share 'em
With someone else other than Vanquish for once
I text her from time to time, she a mom now
I guess sometimes life forces us to calm down
I told her she could live with me if she need to
I got a compound but I think she straight
Cause she supported since Willow was launching
Right before Austin came up and got me
Out of the back room where I was scheming with Icy
With info that I shouldn't have had in the hopes for the glory
He walked right past in the hallway
Three months later, I'm a mayor
He probably wouldn't remember that story
But that stuff sticks with me
Always couldn't believe when he called me
You never know, it could happen to you
And I just spent four Ferraris all on a brand new Bugatti
And did that stuff cause it's somethin' to do
Yeah, I guess that's just who I became, dawg
Nothing was the same, dawg

3- Terms
Replace:

(1) Contempt of Court is the act of speaking in a court case when not involved or summoned to provide testimony.
First Offence: $200 Fine
Second Offence: $300 Fine
Third Offence: $400 Fine + 10 Minutes Jail.

With:

(1) Contempt of Court is the act of speaking in a court case when not involved or summoned to provide testimony.
First Offence: $250 Fine
Second Offence: $350 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail
Third Offence: $450 Fine + 10 Minutes Jail.

Last edited:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted Presidential Assent and is hereby signed into law. Love ya @LilDigiVert - gonna miss you.

House Vote: 9-0-0
Senate Vote: 4-0-0

A
BILL
To

Amend the Judicial Standards Act

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Offices of the Court Act”.
(3) The Act has been co-sponsored by: Milkcrack
(4) This Act was co-authored by: Westray

2 - Reasons
(1) There exists support staff in two out of the three branches. This includes The Office of the President and The Office of the Speaker. This bill will effectively establish one for the Chief Justice and the Court Personnel of Redmont.
(2) The Judiciary is a growing branch as more cases continue to pile up over time. Having support staff to assist in the organization as well as the maintaining of court records is crucial.
(3) In order to facilitate in-game trials, support staff is necessary to create transcripts and act as stenographers.
(4) These roles will also hopefully allow players to potentially develop a career on the courts in the future, or simply for those interested in helping out.
(5) The role of Clerk is one that already exists in Congress, which will allow for easier implementation of the position. In addition, while currently there is only one role established in this bill, it allows for future roles to be made if necessary. The Court Clerk would be a versatile role to assist in organizing and acting as stenographers during in-game trials.

3 - Judicial Officers Creation
Hereby adds to a new section ‘Judicial Officers’ in the Judicial Standards Act:
“(1) The Supreme Court may appoint an unlimited amount of judicial officers to assist in the duties of the courts.
(2) These judicial officers will serve at the pleasure of the Supreme Court and can be removed at any time. In addition, Congress may at any time remove any judicial officer via the regular legislative process if they believe such a judicial officer has interfered with the functions of the branch.
(3) The following positions are considered judicial officers to the branch:
a. Court Clerk”

4 - External Assistance Creation
Hereby adds to a new section ‘External Assistance’ in the Judicial Standards Act:
“(1) Any Magistrate, Judge, or Justice, may request and order external assistance from the following Departments:
a. The Department of Justice, to issue fines and assist in the security of any in-game court proceeding.
b. The Department of Public Affairs, to sanction in-game trials as events if necessary.
c. The Department of Health, to assist in the on-site crisis-management of any sort of infectious disease spread during an in-game court proceeding.
d. The Department of Construction and Transport, to issue repairs and or changes that are necessary for the efficient running of the courthouse.
(2) In addition, the following temporary positions may be established during in-game court proceedings:
a. Bailiff, utilizing a police officer from the Department of Justice
b. Stenographer, utilizing a Court Clerk or temporarily appointing any player who is available at that time.”

Presidential Assent

This bill has received presidential assent and is hereby signed into law.

House Vote: 6-4-0
Senate Vote: 4-2-0

A
BILL
TO

Amend the Judicial Standards Act​

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives and Senators in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Contempt of Court Amendment Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately after it has been signed into law.
(3) Authored by Rep. xEndeavour
(4) Co-Sponsored by Rep. Reaperay

2 - Reasons
(1) Currently the courts are limited in how much they are able to issue in fines for repeat offenders of disrespectful behaviour in court.

3 - Amendments
(1) Subsection a is changed to subsection b:

a. 17 - Contempt of Court
Third Offence: $450 Fine + 10 Minutes Jail.

b. 17 - Contempt of Court
(1) Contempt of Court is the act of speaking in a court case when not involved or summoned to provide testimony or the failure to respond in reasonable circumstances when requested by the court.
Third Offence: Maximum $1500, up to 10 Minutes Jail.

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

House Vote: 8-0-0
Senate Vote: 3-0-1

A
BILL
To

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Cool Arrest Warrant Act"
(3) This bill was authored by Representative A__C.
(4) This Act is co-sponsored by Representative Reaperay.
(5) This Act was requested and approved by the Justice Secretary ElainaThomas29.

2 - Reasons
(1) There is no warrant that really corresponds to allowing a police officer to enter property in order to arrest someone. This is in fact a type of warrant used (albeit rarely) by the Department of Justice, usually requested under “Search Warrant” - though the description for Search Warrant does not exactly match the reasons used for entering private property for arrest.

3 - Amendment
Section 14 of the Judicial Standards Act shall gain a term under “(1) The court may issue warrants - court orders that allow actions that would otherwise be unlawful - for the following:”:
c. Arrest Warrant - for entering private property to arrest a wanted individual.

Last edited:

Presidential Assent

House Vote: 6-3-2
Senate Vote: 3-1-2

A
BILL
To

Amend the constitution, the Judicial Standards Act, and the Warrant Clarity Act.
The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

(1) This Act may be cited as the “The Great Warrants Act”.
(3) The Act has been co-sponsored by: Rep. Avelanie
(4) The Act has been authored by: Attorney General Milkcrack

2 - Reasons
(1) The Office of the Attorney General currently does not have the ability to file warrants and does not have access to the DOJ warrant forums.
(2) This bill is to prevent unnecessary bureaucracy and not involve the Department of Justice in investigations that are outside of its scope.
Clarify and Expand the Warrant system

3 - Constitutional Amendment
(1) Powers of the Federal Court under §2 of the constitution shall be amended from:

Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court
The‌ ‌Federal Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌is‌ ‌able‌ ‌to‌ ‌issue‌ ‌warrants‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌Department‌ ‌of‌ ‌Justice.‌ ‌

To

Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court
The‌ ‌Federal Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌is‌ ‌able‌ ‌to‌ ‌issue‌ ‌warrants‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌Department‌ ‌of‌ ‌Justice and the Department of Legal Affairs.‌ ‌
(2) Section 14 - Warrants of the Judicial Standards Act shall be repealed and all subsequent sections shall be renumbered.

4 - Warrant Clarity
(1) The Warrant Clarity Act shall be repealed
(2) A new sub-section on the forums under the Courts, shall be created for warrants.
(3) A warrant shall be defined as: A writ permitting a government department to take a certain action that would otherwise be unlawful for the acquisition of in-game/official Discord server material or information.
(4) All warrant requests shall be privy only to the Judiciary and the designated leadership of the department requesting the warrant.
(5) If a warrant is approved and a motion to seal the warrant has not been approved. The warrant request (not content obtained through the warrant) will become a part of the public record once it is executed.
(6) A warrant concerning Department leadership of the Department of Justice shall be filed by the Department of Legal Affairs and vice versa.

5 - Warrant Types
(1) The basic types of warrants shall be the following.
(a) Search Private Property- Permission for officers of a Department, accompanied or unaccompanied to enter private property in order to search for evidence or contraband. Staff will be required to assist with searching chests, however, the Officer will not have direct access.
(b) Search Records - Permission for a department official to request from staff certain records. Such as Chat-logs, Core Inspect Data, Tickets, Audit-Logs of a government-owned discord Server, etc. Staff may require the request to be narrowly tailored enough to avoid, unnecessary work.
(c) Asset Seizure - All information regarding Asset Seizure warrants can be found in the Debt Recovery Quick Fix Act.
(2) The Supreme Court may add or approve additional warrant types. Such a decision requires unanimous support.

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
To

(1) This Act may be cited as the “A Somewhat Cool Asset Seizure Warrant Amendment Act"
(4) This Act is co-sponsored by Representative RelaxedGV.
(5) This Act is approved by Justice Secretary ElainaThomas29.

2 - Reasons
(1) Some criminals keep piling on unpaid fines from crimes (The DoJ has a #fines channel to log fines that have not been paid from court orders, murders, etc. due to insufficient balance from the individual). This is a huge loss in potential money for the government.
(2) Some people with unpaid fines also will never log on again, or always keep money in a company balance, etc. meaning that those funds will never be paid off.
(3) This bill will make it so that they either pay or they will be forced to pay and will therefore mean more money for the government.

3 - Terms
(1) Amends Part b of Section 14 - Warrants from:
b. Asset Seizure - to seize assets when an individual does not have sufficient monetary funds to pay a court order.

To:
b. Asset Seizure - to seize assets when an individual does not have sufficient monetary funds to pay a court order or unsettled fines. The unpaid fines must have been standing for at least 2 months and can be seen in the DoJ #fines channel. A DoJ employee must also /mail the person about their fines at least three days prior to requesting an asset seizure warrant.

A
BILL
To

(1) This Act may be cited as the ' XL Think Before Speak Act.'
(3) This Act was authored by xlayzur, tagline: XL
(4) The Act has been co-sponsored by: Rep. Vernicia

2 - Reasons
Contempt of Court has been common in certain cases and the government can easily farm fines off of these individuals that choose to participate in such an action.

3 - Terms

17 - Contempt of Court

(1) Contempt of Court is the act of speaking in a court case when not involved or summoned to provide testimony or the failure to respond in reasonable circumstances when requested by the court.
Third Offence: Maximum $1500, up to 10 Minutes Jail.

to

17 - Contempt of Court
First Offence: $500 Fine
Second Offence: $1000 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail
Third Offence: Maximum $2500, up to 10 Minutes Jail.

Last edited:
House Vote: 9-0-2
Senate Vote: 5-0-0

A
BILL
To

(1) This Act may be cited as the ' XL Peel Those Appeals.'
(3) This Act was authored by xlayzur, tagline: XL
(4) The Act has been co-sponsored by: President of Senate. Milqy

2 - Reasons
As it stands currently court cases can only be appealed two weeks after the courts opinion. The time to be able to appeal a case should be increased to allow for more preparation to those who wish to appeal.

3 - Terms
18 - Appeals
(1) Once a court case is adjourned, either party may request to appeal the decision by filing an appeal in the court of the next tier. Once a case has been decided by the Supreme Court, it cannot be appealed.
- Less than two weeks have elapsed since the court’s decision;
- the appeal follows a format laid out by the courts in a thread that will be authored upon this bill’s passage; and

to

18 - Appeals
- Less than one month has elapsed since the court’s decision;

Presidential Assent

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
To

Amend the Judicial Standards Act and the Constitution.

(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Redress Act.'
(3) This Act has been authored by: Speaker xEndeavour
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: Rep. Blogworldexpo

2 - Reasons
(1) If the Supreme Court makes a decision based on illegal or incorrect points of law, there is no method of redress to appeal.

3 - Supreme Court Appeals
(1) A party can appeal based on a point of law. The appeal must convince the Court that the Justices that heard the original case made an error of law and that the error was of such significance that the decision should be overturned.
(a) Some examples of significant errors of law are that the Judge that heard the original case:

I wish to change my nay vote to aye

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
To

(1) This Act may be cited as the “Contempt of Court Amendment Part 1/2 Act"
(4) This Act is co-sponsored by XaviersKarma & Representative TheReal42Person.

2 - Reasons
(1) Contempt of Court is currently listed in two bills, the Judicial Standards Act and the Miscellaneous Offenses Act. It’s too messy and confuses people on which one is the actual law.
(2) This is part one of two bills, which amends the punishment in the Miscellaneous Offenses Act to reflect the ones in the Judicial Standards Act.

3 - Terms
(1) Removes the section “17- Contempt of Court” from the Judicial Standards Act.
17 - Contempt of Court
First Offence: $500 Fine
Second Offence: $1000 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail
Third Offence: Maximum $2500, up to 10 Minutes Jail.

(2) This bill only passes on the condition that the “Contempt of Court Amendment Part 2/2 Act” passes.

Presidential Assent

A
BILL
TO

Amend the Constitution and the Judicial Standards Act

(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Judicial Update Act.'
(3) This Act has been authored by: Sen. xEndeavour
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: Sen. xEndeavour
(5) The Chief Justices was consulted in drafting this act

2 - Reasons
(1) The Supreme Court has evolved beyond the outdated requirement for all Justices to present an individual opinion. The Supreme Court currently issues verdicts with a majority opinion that Justices subscribe to, and a dissenting opinion if relevant.
(2) The JSA is wildly out of date and out of sync with the constitution (noting the Standards Acts are supposed to link to the Constitution)
(3) Its just turned into word vomit over time, it can be far simpler.
(4) Use a text comparer to determine the changes, there were far too many to highlight noting the structure has changed and amendment which were never implemented were imported.
(5) This bill is intended to be a simple change. It does not seek to change the powers and responsibilities of the existing court structure.

3 - Amendments

4 - Role of the Courts

(1) Judicial Power Judicial power is vested in the courts.
(2) Role of the Courts The Judicial arm of Government, consisting of the Court and Supreme Court, interprets the law, as written by the legislature and administered by the Executive.

5 - The Court of Redmont
(1) The Court of Redmont hears all non-constitutional legal matters in the first instance and is the appellate court for criminal charges and civil actions. It is presided over by a single Judge. Lawsuits are made in the Courthouse forum. Lawsuits can be either civil cases (a dispute between two parties, usually seeking compensation) or criminal cases (an appeal to the state against a charge, or a case filed by the state regarding a criminal act). Where there is a failure to appear, the presiding Judge will deliver a verdict considering the facts presented to the Court.
(2) Powers of the Court of Redmont
a. The Court of Redmont is the appellate court in the first instance. (e.g. Appealing an arrest)
b. The Court of Redmont makes judgements on criminal prosecutions. (e.g. Fraud)
c. The Court of Redmont makes judgements on civil cases (e.g. Wrongful Dismissal)
d. The Court of Redmont is able to issue warrants to the Department of Justice.
e. The Court of Redmont is responsible for resolving government disputes.

6 - The Supreme Court of Redmont
(1) The Supreme Court of Redmont acts as a Constitutional court, as a check on legislation and executive power when presented with a legal question. The Supreme Court of Redmont hears all Constitutional legal matters and is the appellate court for further appeals. The Supreme court is presided over by three Judges and is Chaired by the Chief Justice. Each Judge/Justice makes his/her own verdict on cases, and where decisions are not unanimous, the decision of the majority prevails. The decision is final - there are no further appeals once a matter has been decided by the Supreme Court, and the decision is binding on all other courts. Where there is a failure to appear, the presiding Judges will deliver a verdict considering the facts presented to the Court.
(2) Powers of the Supreme Court
a. The Supreme Court of Redmont is the appellate court to the Court of Redmont where proceedings or jurisdiction of any Court or Judge is in question.
b. The Supreme Court of Redmont has the power to accept or reject appeals if it was not raised on a point of law.
c. The Supreme Court of Redmont is responsible for resolving disputes between Government Institutions.
d. The Supreme Court of Redmont hears all Constitutional challenges.

7 - Judges
(1) Judges are responsible for presiding over and delivering non-biased verdicts on all lawsuits. Judges and the Chief Justice are to be nominated by the President and approved by the Senate. Where there is no Chief Justice, the most senior Judge is Chief Justice by default until otherwise provided.

9 - Inadequate number of Judges
(1) Where there is a deficiency in Judges, the Speaker of the House of Representatives will deliver a verdict. Where more than one vacancy exists, cases will not be heard until such time that a suitable number of Judges.

to:

12. Judicial Power
Judicial power is vested in the court.

13. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal‌ ‌Court‌ ‌System‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont
The‌ ‌Judicial‌ ‌arm‌ ‌of‌ ‌Government,‌ ‌consisting‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌Federal Court,‌ ‌and‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌ interpret‌ ‌the‌ ‌law‌ ‌as‌ ‌written‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌legislature‌ ‌and‌ ‌administered‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Executive.‌ Lawsuits‌ ‌can‌ ‌be‌ ‌made to the court as either‌ ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌(a‌ ‌dispute‌ ‌between‌ ‌two‌ ‌parties,‌ ‌usually‌ ‌seeking‌ ‌compensation)‌ ‌or‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌cases‌ ‌(an‌ ‌appeal‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌state‌ ‌against‌ ‌a‌ ‌charge,‌ ‌or‌ ‌a‌ ‌case‌ ‌filed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌state‌ ‌regarding‌ ‌a‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌act. i.e. Citizens cannot prosecute).‌ ‌Where‌ ‌there‌ ‌is‌ ‌a‌ ‌failure‌ ‌to‌ appear,‌ ‌the‌ ‌courts will trial in absentia and ‌will‌ ‌deliver‌ ‌a‌ ‌verdict‌ ‌considering‌ ‌the‌ ‌facts‌ ‌presented‌ ‌to‌ ‌the‌ ‌Court.‌ ‌

14. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌
The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s of Redmont ‌hear ‌all‌ ‌minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance.‌ The District Courts are presided over by ‌a‌ ‌single‌ ‌Magistrate‌ ‌under‌ ‌the‌ ‌supervision‌ ‌of‌ ‌a‌ ‌Judge‌ ‌or‌ ‌Justice.‌ ‌Each‌ ‌town‌ ‌or‌ ‌city‌ ‌shall‌ ‌be‌ ‌considered‌ ‌a‌ ‌district‌ ‌and‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌Magistrate.‌ ‌There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌one ‌(1)‌ Magistrates ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌District Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌per jurisdiction at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌

15. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌
(a) The‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) arrests
(ii) wrongful‌ ‌seizure
(‌iii)‌ public official misconduct
(iv) minor‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌prosecutions‌ ‌that‌ ‌result‌ ‌in‌ ‌jail‌ ‌not‌ ‌exceeding‌ ‌20‌ ‌minutes‌ ‌or‌ ‌$2500‌ ‌dollars‌ ‌(inclusive) of‌ ‌fines
(v) minor‌ ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌whose‌ ‌value‌ ‌does‌ ‌not‌ ‌exceed‌ $20,000‌ ‌dollars (inclusive).‌

FEDERAL COURT

16. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌

The‌ ‌Federal Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌hears‌ ‌all‌ ‌major‌ ‌civil‌ ‌and‌ ‌criminal‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌in‌ ‌the‌ ‌first‌ ‌instance and is‌ ‌the‌ ‌appellate‌ ‌court‌ ‌for‌ ‌verdicts‌ ‌made‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Courts‌. The Federal Court is presided over by a single Judge. There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌three ‌(3)‌ Judges‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌ ‌ ‌

17. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Federal Court
(a) The‌ ‌Federal ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) Questions of constitutionality
(ii) Major ‌criminal‌ ‌prosecutions‌ ‌that‌ ‌result‌ ‌in‌ ‌jail‌ ‌exceeding‌ ‌20‌ ‌minutes‌ ‌or‌ ‌$2500‌ ‌dollars‌ ‌of‌ ‌fines
(iii) Major ‌civil‌ ‌cases‌ ‌whose‌ ‌value‌ exceed‌s $20,000‌ ‌dollars.‌ ‌
(iv) Any cases of significance that do not fit within the established bounds of court jurisdictions.

(b) The Federal Court of Redmont is the appellate court for the District Court of Redmont.

(c) Other powers of the Federal Court of Redmont include:
(i) Issuing warrants‌
(ii) Ordering a ‌party before the Federal Court to ‌have‌ ‌a‌ ‌lawyer‌ ‌in‌ ‌order‌ ‌to‌ ‌proceed‌ ‌with‌ ‌their‌ ‌case
(iii) Assuming ‌the‌ ‌responsibilities‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌‌when necessary.

SUPREME COURT

18. Role‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌

The‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ is the highest court in the nation, hearing all final appeals and challenges to removing a public office holder (see s19a(ii)). The Supreme Court is presided over by three Justices. ‌ The Supreme Court is chaired by a Chief Justice who is ‌nominated‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌President‌ ‌and‌ ‌confirmed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Senate‌. There‌ ‌shall‌ ‌not‌ ‌be‌ ‌more‌ ‌than‌ ‌three ‌(3)‌ Justices (Chief Justice included) ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme Court of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌at‌ ‌any‌ ‌given‌ ‌time.‌ ‌All available Justices preside over Supreme Court cases and form a majority opinion. Any Justices who do not agree with the majority opinion deliver individual or joint dissenting opinions which are published alongside the majority opinion. A minimum of two (2) Justices in agreement must be met to deliver a verdict on a Supreme Court case, and where there is a disagreement, the Chief Justice's opinion will prevail. The‌ ‌decision‌ ‌of the Supreme Court is‌ ‌final‌ ‌-‌ ‌there‌ ‌are‌ ‌no‌ ‌further‌ ‌appeals‌ ‌once‌ ‌a‌ ‌matter‌ ‌has‌ ‌been‌ ‌decided‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court ‌and‌ ‌the‌ ‌decision‌ ‌is‌ ‌binding‌ ‌on‌ ‌all‌ ‌other‌ ‌courts.‌ A party can appeal a Supreme Court decision based on a point of law or if a significant amount of new evidence is made available. The appeal must convince the Court that the Justices that heard the original case made an error of law and that the error was of such significance that the decision should be overturned. Some examples of significant errors of law are that the Judge that heard the original case:

In order to post in the Supreme Court, you must have legal standing (i.e. you are represented by someone who is a lawyer in-game or you are qualified in law in-game yourself) ‌

19. Powers‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌
(a) The‌ ‌Supreme Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has original jurisdiction over‌:
(i) Removal of officials from Public Office (Judicial Officers, Members of Congress, Members of Cabinet)
(ii) Resolving‌ ‌disputes‌ ‌between‌ ‌Government‌ ‌Institutions

(b) The Supreme Court of Redmont is the appellate court for the Federal Court of Redmont.

(c) Other powers of the Supreme Court of Redmont include:
(i) Ordering a ‌party before the Supreme Court to ‌have‌ ‌a‌ ‌lawyer‌ ‌in‌ ‌order‌ ‌to‌ ‌proceed‌ ‌with‌ ‌their‌ ‌case
(ii) Assuming ‌the‌ ‌responsibilities‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court‌s ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌‌and Federal Court of Redmont when necessary.

20. Judicial Officers
Judicial Officers is the collective name given to Magistrates, Judges, Justices, and the Chief Justice. Judicial Officers are‌ ‌responsible‌ ‌for‌ ‌presiding‌ ‌over‌ ‌and‌ ‌delivering‌ ‌non-biased‌ ‌verdicts‌ ‌on‌ ‌all‌ ‌lawsuits.‌ ‌Judicial Officers can rule on their Court, or on lower courts if required. Judicial Officers cannot preside over an appeal that they have already ruled on previously in a lower court. Magistrates‌ ‌are‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌appointed‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌to‌ ‌serve‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌District‌ ‌Court.‌ Federal Court Judges,‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌Justices,‌ ‌and‌ ‌the‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌are‌ ‌to‌ ‌be‌ ‌nominated‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ President‌ ‌and‌ ‌approved‌ ‌by‌ ‌the‌ ‌Senate.‌ ‌Where‌ ‌there‌ ‌is‌ ‌no‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice,‌ ‌the‌ ‌most‌ ‌senior‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌is‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌by‌ ‌default‌ ‌until‌ ‌otherwise‌ ‌provided. Judicial Requirements The following requirements exist in order to be nominated to the bench: Chief Justice - has accrued 150 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days Justice - has accrued 125 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days Judge - has accrued 72 hours and 12 hours of playtime in the last 30 days ‌ If‌ ‌there‌ ‌are‌ ‌no‌ ‌Justices‌ ‌on‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court,‌ ‌the‌ ‌President‌ ‌shall‌ ‌have‌ ‌one‌ ‌week‌ ‌to‌ ‌nominate‌ ‌a‌ ‌Justice‌ ‌or‌ ‌Chief‌ ‌Justice.‌

4 - Precedence
(a) This bill takes precedence over any existing laws and sections of laws which contradict it.

Presidential Assent

Back