Supporter
The_Donuticus
The_Donuticus
attorney
A
BILL
To

Establish Offences under the Standardized Criminal Code

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the ‘Government Service Offenses Act'
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act has been authored by: The_Donuticus
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: VanillaChai79

2 - Reasons
The current system of sorting crimes is too chaotic and messy. This Act exists as part of the Standardized Criminal Code package of bills to address this.

3 - Criminal Code
The Government Service Offenses Act will establish the crimes outlined in '4 - Offences' as an extension of the Standardized Criminal Code Act.

4 - Offences
(1) Cheating Act (Original: pugbandit - Feb 15, 2021)
(i) Classification: Summary Criminal Offense
The act of asking for an exam answer, or deliberately giving or attempting to give an exam answer with intent to cheat.
Per Offense: $100 Fine

(2) Frivolous Government Application (Original: Tyler - Oct 10, 2021)
The act of creating an application for a Government Job or Expression of Interest without serious intent of being accepted.

(3) Government Official Impersonation (Original: FracturedGhast7 - Nov 22, 2021)
(i) Classification: Indictable Criminal Offense
The act of impersonating a government official or a government employee for financial or other personal gain.
Minimum Sentencing: $500 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time
Maximum Sentencing: $2,000 Fine + 15 Minutes Jail Time

(4) Sign Abuse (Original: Westray - Feb 20, 2021)
The act of frivolously using a government service sign.

(5) Suspension Violation (Original: 218218Consumer - Jan 30, 2021)
The act of ignoring the orders of a government department to cease in taking an exam for a job of said department.

(6) Disrupting a Tour
Disrupting a Tour Guide who is giving a tour or disrupting a person who is on a tour with an official Tour Guide (employed under the Department of Education).. This can include anything that disrupts a tour guide, such as punching and killing.
First Offense (Per Tour): Verbal Warning
Subsequent Offenses: $500 + 15 minutes jail time

NB: This charge can be applied in addition to Murder per offense should the Tour Guide be killed.

An official tour begins when the guide runs /doe-attend.
An official tour has ended either:
(i) upon the final tour stop as determined by the Department of Education;
or (ii) upon the player, or guide, willingly leaving said tour before the final stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

House Vote: 10-0-1
Senate Vote: 6-0-0

A
BILL
To
Amend the Government Service Offenses Act

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Tour Protection Act"
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This bill was authored by Representative A__C with contributions from the Department of Education and the idea was proposed by Skywat.
(4) This Act is co-sponsored by Representative TheReal42Person.

2 - Reasons
(1) There is no punishment towards people who disrupt tours besides the standard fines for murder.
(2) Tourists who get killed during their tour are more likely to leave the server, as it leaves a bad impression, thus harming new player retention.

3 - Terms
(1) Adds a term under Section 4 - Offences of the Government Services Offenses Act:
(6) Disrupting a Tour
Disrupting a Tour Guide who is giving a tour or disrupting a person who is on a tour with an official Tour Guide (employed under the Department of Education).. This can include anything that disrupts a tour guide, such as punching and killing.
First Offense (Per Tour): Verbal Warning
Subsequent Offenses: $500 + 15 minutes jail time

NB: This charge can be applied in addition to Murder per offense should the Tour Guide be killed.

An official tour begins when the guide runs /doe-attend.
An official tour has ended either:
(i) upon the final tour stop as determined by the Department of Education;
or (ii) upon the player, or guide, willingly leaving said tour before the final stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

Back