Lawsuit: Dismissed Bardiya_King v. Dumbyhead1234 [2023] FCR 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
The objection is overruled

Bardiya_King may be called to the stand, the court would also like to remind them of their fifth right granted to them under the constitution while testifying.

Questions for Bombaz2005
1. How did Uffizi Holdings come to the conclusion that Dumby was the one that forged the documents?
2. Was Bardiya_King the one who assessed the value of the company?
3. What is your relation with Bardiya_King on the server?
4. Did Dumby give an offer of $350k, or did they say in fact that it was worth $350k when selling the company?
5. Were Dumby's statements true or false? What is the reasoning for your answer?

Questions for Bardiya_King
1. Did you make the document linked in the opening statement?
2. Did Dumby tell you what the value of the assets were when you made the document, or did you assess the value of the documents independantly?
3. How did you assess the value of the assets in the document?
4. In evidence sent before in the court case, you claimed that Dumby had forged the document. How did Dumby forge the document?
5. What was/were the reason/reasons for Dumby getting fired?
6. What did you think about Megacorp being sold? Did you want it, or not?

Objection
Relevance

"3. What is your relation with Bardiya_King on the server?"

the relationship between witness and plaintiff on the server has no Relevance to this case.

Objection
Ambiguous

"5. Were Dumby's statements true or false? What is the reasoning for your answer?"

Dumbyhead has made a lot of statements. The defense cousel does not specify which statements. The witness may or may not be eligible to speak on behalf of some statements.

Objection
Compound question

"Did Dumby tell you what the value of the assets were when you made the document, or did you assess the value of the documents independantly?"

This question consists of multiple compound questions. The witness is entitled to answer each questions separately.

Objection
Assumes facts not in evidence

"4. In evidence sent before in the court case, you claimed that Dumby had forged the document. How did Dumby forge the document?"

There is no evidence above where my client states that dumbyhead forged the document. dumbyhead admits himself to forging the documents in all pieces of evidence regarding the matter.

Objection
Calls for a conclusion
"6. What did you think about Megacorp being sold? Did you want it, or not?"

defense counsel asks for the witnesses opinion rather then facts.

Objection
Compound Question

""6. What did you think about Megacorp being sold? Did you want it, or not?""

This question consists of multiple compound questions. The witness is entitled to answer each questions separately.

Objection
Relevance

the relationship between witness and plaintiff on the server has no Relevance to this case.
RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

It is to know if there was any possible bias between the Plaintiff and the Defendant, during the investigation.
Objection
Ambiguous

"5. Were Dumby's statements true or false? What is the reasoning for your answer?"

Dumbyhead has made a lot of statements. The defense cousel does not specify which statements. The witness may or may not be eligible to speak on behalf of some statements.
RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

The case was built upon two main statements, being that Dumby saying that Bardiya "forged" the document, and Dumby claiming that Bardiya was the main reason for Dumby getting fired. The Question is just a general question, meant to ask the defendant if they agree with Dumby or not.

Objection
Compound question

"Did Dumby tell you what the value of the assets were when you made the document, or did you assess the value of the documents independantly?"

RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

The questions are both related to each other, and would be repeating questions if they were asked seperately.
Objection

"4. In evidence sent before in the court case, you claimed that Dumby had forged the document. How did Dumby forge the document?"

There is no evidence above where my client states that dumbyhead forged the document. dumbyhead admits himself to forging the documents in all pieces of evidence regarding the matter.
RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

(sent by the plaintiff in the opening statement)
1698575310858.png

Objection
Calls for a conclusion

defense counsel asks for the witnesses opinion rather then facts.
RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

Under Court Policy, in the Objections Guide, it states:
Witnesses are only allowed to testify about their own direct experiences and thoughts.
Thus, the defence can ask what the witness thought.

Objection
Compound Question

""6. What did you think about Megacorp being sold? Did you want it, or not?""

RESPONSE TO OBJECTION

Again, these are both in relation. If asked seperately, it would be questions that are repeating.

Objection
Relevance

Overruled, establishes a foundation. Witness may answer
Ambiguous

Sustained, too general for the witness to properly answer. The witness may not answer the question
Objection
Compound question

Overruled, the witness may answer

Sustained, witness may not answer the question as its worded
Objection
Calls for a conclusion
Overruled
Compound Question

Sustained, the witness may not answer the questions as they are worded.

The Defense will have the opportunity to reword these questions and ask in their follow-up if they need. For now witnesses may begin answering questions however.

Bombaz2005 do not answer question 5.
Bardiya_King do not answer questions 4 and 6.

Witnesses have 24 hours to provide responses to the court

My answers are as follows.

1. How did Uffizi Holdings come to the conclusion that Dumby was the one that forged the documents?

Bardiya had told us, I was skeptical at first, but he provided some evidence that it was likely him. Then, souper (supersuperking) and I agreed that Dumby was responsible for it after some thought and we decided to take action.

2. Was Bardiya_King the one who assessed the value of the company?

Dumby was the one who came to us first with his evaluation of the company after souper and I asked if he was in the market to sell his company, and he broke it down as per what he believed. The negotiations for purchase began between super, dumby, and I, and later dumby asked that Bardiya be added to the discussion. Before then, dumby gave all values. If Bardiya is the one who wrote that document originally I am not sure of, but Dumby gave super and I what he believed was the value of the company both in the early stages of negotiation and up until he sold it to us for $350k.

3. What is your relation with Bardiya_King on the server?

He was an aquaintance to me at the time and later a coworker at the then Omni/Mega (now Hermes Express) and also Axell Construction (now Vulcan Construction). Currently we do not have any relations.

4. Did Dumby give an offer of $350k, or did they say in fact that it was worth $350k when selling the company?

He said that he wanted upwards of $350k a few days after giving us a valuation for roughly $120k. He said that, personally, he believed $350k was a fair value for what Megacorp was worth given the data he provided as justification, such as what each subsidiary was worth, their profits since creation, plots, inventory, brand image, large item orders, and other info that was useful in determining the company's value.

My Answers are as follows.

1: Did you make the document linked in the opening statement?

Yes, It was created from information on our company value sheets, only visible to our CHRO, CFO, and CEO. There was also no active CFO then, so only Me, the CHRO, and Dumby, the CEO.

2: Did Dumby tell you what the value of the assets were when you made the document, or did you assess the value of the documents independantly?

As stated in my previous response, all information on those sheets was added by Dumby; he had tasked me with creating the Valuation Document, which he had approved of before I had submitted it to the Uffizi Prospects.

3: How did you assess the value of the assets in the document?

I valued it based on the information provided by Dumby on our company sheets.

5: What was/were the reason/reasons for Dumby getting fired?

For legal reasons, I cannot disclose that since this trial is open to the general public.

The defense may now ask any follow up questions they might have, or state they have none

Sustained, witness may not answer the question as its worded
MOTION TO RECONSIDER

The reason for the objection was "Assume facts not in evidence". The Defence proved that this was something already stated in evidence, as such the Defence asks to reconsider sustaining the objection.

Follow-up Questions

For Bombaz2005:

1. Can you send, or describe the evidence (if you don't have the evidence anymore) sent to you by Bardiya_King?
2. Were you sent the Document linked in the opening statement when you requested the valuation of the company, or was something else sent?
3. To confirm, Dumby gave a value of $120k for MegaCorp, and then asked for $350k for MegaCorp. Is that correct?
4. Was $350k a fair and correct evaluation of the company?

For Bardiya_King:
1. How did Dumby add the information on the sheet?
2. To confirm, you made the document yourself following information given on employee sheets. Is that correct?

MOTION TO RECONSIDER

The reason for the objection was "Assume facts not in evidence". The Defence proved that this was something already stated in evidence, as such the Defence asks to reconsider sustaining the objection.
I will grant the motion to reconsider. Bardiya_King may answer the original question along with their answers to the follow-ups

Answers are as follows:

1. He sent something else. He claimed that dumby himself changed the numbers in the spreadsheet. There is more information that he told us but I am not sure if I should or can send it due to it being part of a separate deposition.

2. That document was sent later. What was sent was dumby's breakdown of assets, etc. and his valuation of them.

3. No. He started with a *value* of $120k and about a week later changed his *value* to $350k believing it was fair. He *asked* for $350k the second time saying that was the true *value* of the company. He did not *value* it at $120k and then directly *ask* for $350k. (edited this answer for clarity between "value" and "ask", hope that's alright.)

4. No.

Last edited:
Please provide the court with your answers within the next 24 hours to avoid being held in contempt of court @Bardiya_King

Your Honor I’d like to request a 24 hour extension due to the fact that I have family arriving in approximately 2 hours from this post I g and will not have very minimal time to answer and will try to do the best I can to answer.

Your Honor I’d like to request a 24 hour extension due to the fact that I have family arriving in approximately 2 hours from this post I g and will not have very minimal time to answer and will try to do the best I can to answer.
You have 24 hours from this post to provide your answers

My Answers are as follows:

Responses to the First Section of Questions:

4: In evidence sent before in the court case, you claimed that Dumby had forged the document. How did Dumby forge the document?

Dumby did not forge the Evaluation document but the general information sheet, as he had changed the information about our company. For example, the inventory value we had was raised from $14,381 to $26,430.

Responses to the Second Section of Questions:

1: How did Dumby add the information on the sheet?

Dumby was given editing access, as well as our CFO and CHRO, and before you ask, the sheet was deleted after the purchase of Megacorp by Uffizi since there was a data storage migration that happened. Bombza can confirm this.

2. To confirm, you made the document yourself following the information given on employee sheets. Is that correct?

Not based on our employee sheets but based on our general information storage sheet. Employee records happened to be a section in the available information storage sheet, and yes, I did make the evaluation document. However, before I sent it to the people at Uffizi, I requested Dumby double-check it for any discrepancies I may have made during my work, and there were discrepancies due to the fact I was using the tainted information Dumby had added, but he approved, and I sent it do the people at Uffizi.

Alright, does the Defense have any further questions for either witnesses? If so, please list them following this post and ensure they ask your full point, as there will be no further follow-up time given to the Defense after.

Alright the Plaintiff may begin to cross-examine.

Please post your questions to the witnesses within 24 hours, or inform the court you do not wish to cross-examine

My questions are as follows:

Bombaz:

1. After you decided dumbyhead was responsible for the forgery of the documents what actions did you take twords him?

Bardiya_King :

1. did dumbyheads accusal affect your enjoyment of the game?

2. Since dumbyheads accusal has your life changed?

3. What impact on your career did dumbyheads accusal have?

1. did dumbyheads accusal affect your enjoyment of the game?

2. Since dumbyheads accusal has your life changed?

3. What impact on your career did dumbyheads accusal have?
OBJECTION
Ambiguous

The questions asked by the Plaintiff are not clear and precise enough, as they haven't specified which accusal. According the Plaintiff earlier, Dumbyhead claimed that Bardiya "forged" the documents and also claimed that Bardiya got them fired. There are two accusals, and the Plaintiff has not specified which.

My answer:

1. I was not the one who made the decision to take action afterwards, that was souper's decision. I just notified him and we agreed that action should be taken, he was the one who took the next steps.

OBJECTION
Ambiguous

The questions asked by the Plaintiff are not clear and precise enough, as they haven't specified which accusal. According the Plaintiff earlier, Dumbyhead claimed that Bardiya "forged" the documents and also claimed that Bardiya got them fired. There are two accusals, and the Plaintiff has not specified which.
Seeing as the Plaintiff has offered no rebuttal to this objection, I will go ahead and rule on it. The motion is sustained and I ask the Plaintiff to re-ask their questions with more detail this time.

Seeing as the Plaintiff has offered no rebuttal to this objection, I will go ahead and rule on it. The motion is sustained and I ask the Plaintiff to re-ask their questions with more detail this time.
Thank you, your Honor,

Bardiya,

1. When dumbyhead accused you of forging the document, how did that affect your enjoyment of Redmont?

2. Since dumbyhead accused you of forging the document, how has your life changed?

3. How was your career impacted when dumbyhead accused you of forging the document?

@Bardiya_King Please post your answers to the revised questions within 24 hours or potentially face Contempt of Court charges

Your Honor, I'd like to request a one-week extension due to an untimely emergency surgery.

Your Honor, I'd like to request a one-week extension due to an untimely emergency surgery.
I will grant the extension. Court will be in recess until this time on November 20th.

Your Honor, I have great news: the surgery was canceled because the complication cleared up itself.

Your Honor, I have great news: the surgery was canceled because the complication cleared up itself.
Ahh that's good to hear. Knowing this, I will place the court back in session.

Bardiya_King, please provide your answers to the revised questions within the next 24 hours

1. When dumbyhead accused you of forging the document, how did that affect your enjoyment of Redmont?

I frankly was offended at first the. Later after constant berating from other members of the community I began to bring down playtime to not be attacked any more.

2. Since dumbyhead accused you of forging the document, how has your life changed?

I was looked down upon my former colleagues and friends. I was attacked by them even more than other members in the community

3. How was your career impacted when dumbyhead accused you of forging the document?

I’ve lost many Job offers at other companies and I’ve been fired from a few positions.

Your Honor,
My client and the defendant have come to a settlement outside of court and I would like to request the dismissal of this case. thank you for you and the courts time in the matter.

Your Honor,
My client and the defendant have come to a settlement outside of court and I would like to request the dismissal of this case. thank you for you and the courts time in the matter.
Does the Defendant concur with this?

Will the Defendant please provide an answer to this within the next 12 hours
Your Honor,
I apologize for apeaking out of turn but V__D has announced today that they quit the server.
Just wanted to bring that to your attention.
Thank you,
Your Honor.

Thank you for for the reply.

This case has been dismissed at the request of the Plaintiff.

The courts thanks all parties for their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back