xAntho_ny
Plaintiff

v.

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF
On January 11th, 2024, antilethal has put up a petition that is called “Fire the Acting SoS and rehire Human.” On January 15th, 2024, the petition reached 20 signatures and is still receiving signatures each day. The Speaker of House was made aware of this in the petitions thread on the discord server and a congressional affairs ticket. The Speaker of House has yet to put up the referendum.

I. PARTIES
1. xAntho_ny (Plantiff)
2. The Commonwealth of Redmont (Defendant)
3. Bezzergezzer (Speaker of House)
4. antilethal (Original Petition Maker)

II. FACTS
1. On January 11th, 2024, antilethal has posted the petition “Fire the Acting SoS and rehire Human.” (Exhibit A)
2. On January 15th, 2024, the petition has reached 20 signatures and is qualified for a referendum. (Exhibit B-E)
3. The Speaker of House was made aware of this via a Congressional Affairs ticket and has still yet to make a referendum. (Exhibit F-G)
4. After the 20 signatures the petition is still receiving signatures. (Exhibit H)

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
  1. The Speaker of House broke Referendum Act where it states “(2) At 20 signatures the Speaker of Congress is lawfully required to make an official referendum on the topic.” The Speaker of House has yet to have done this yet which is unlawful.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. A Writ of Mandamus from the District Court ordering the Speaker of House to create this referendum so that the public can vote on this matter.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 18th day of January 2024

Also you’re honor the plantiff would like a summary judgement.

Seal_DC.png

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
The Attorney General (@IncompleteRiver) is required to appear before the District Court in the case of xAntho_ny v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] DCR3. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

You have 72 hours to give an answer to complaint.

You’re honor.

The Commonwealth still hasn’t answered. The plantiff would like a response on the summary judgement.

As the Commonwealth has failed to give an answer to complaint in the 72 hour window, I will be issuing a Default Judgement shortly.

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

xAntho_ny v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2024] DCR3

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. A petition was put up about removing the DOS Secretary and it has reached 20 signatures
2. The SoH has failed to make a Referendum as their duty stated in the Referendum Act.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defense has failed to give an answer to complaint

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. According to the Referendum act a petition can be made for any reason and once it reaches 20 signatures it goes to a referendum. This Petition has reached the necessary amount of signatures and should have already gone to a referendum.
2. The Referendum act states that it is the Speaker of the House's job to facilitate the referendum however the Constitution contradicts this by including the Facilitation of Referendums as a Responsibilty of the Department of State. Therefore I can not issue a Writ of Mandamus to the Speaker of the House as asked for in the Plaintiff's Prayer of Relief as it is not within the Speaker of the House's powers.

IV. VERDICT
The District court rules in favor of the Plaintiff and grants a modified Prayer of Relief.

The District Court issues a Writ of Mandamus requiring the Department of State to facilitate a referendum for the Removal of the DOS Secretary and the Rehiring of SomeHumanonEarth as for the petition on this topic has reached 20 signatures

The District Court thanks xAntho_ny for their time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back