Popular in the Polls
RylandW
RylandW
representative
A
RESOLUTION
To

Provide Education to Redmontians Without Cost​

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives and Senators in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
1) This Resolution may be cited as the 'Universal Education Resolution'.
2) This Resolution shall be enacted within one week of its signage.
3) This Resolution has been authored by Rep. RylandW.
4) This Resolution has been cosponsored by Rep. lcn.

2 - Reasons
1) We as a country want Redmontians to succeed, therefore we should do everything in our power to help them do so;
2) Exams are paywalled to generate income for the government of Redmont, but the government of Redmont will likely generate more in the long run by boosting the economy; and
3) It does not cost the government to offer these exams.

3 - Terms
(1) All exams at the University of Redmont and at the Reveille Hospital shall be provided to the public of no monetary cost to the student.
(2) There will be a two-day (48-hour) cooldown period between different exams, beginning once an exam is passed, to prevent abuse for personal gain. The cooldown period does not apply within the first week of joining.

I agree with this, plus its not like earning $20 for an exam is a vital part of our government balance.

We need this. I've seen so many new players go bankrupt trying to pass an exam. The cooldown would also incentivize people to stay within their trade/profession and support those of the other trades/professions. :aye:

I love the idea of this, but unfortunately it completely removes the incentive to actually study and will likely have applicants guess. I would be willing to AYE this if the 48 hour cooldown was between the same exam, because then there would still be an incentive to study, but it doesn't. Great idea in concept, but not so great in execution.

Back