Lawsuit: Adjourned theonenatr v. Richie_Z [2021] DCR 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your honor, I am now representing Richie_Z as a public defender.
Screenshot (19).png

Your honor, I have no questions for the current witnesses Bewoz and Randomboi200, however if you will allow due to the unusual circumstance of switching lawyers multiple times throughout the trial, I would like to cross examine the previous witnesses again.

Thank you your honor,

Theonenatr:
1: Where do you sell most of your guns? (In a store or in an auction?)
2: If the answer was in a store, where is your store?
3: If the answer was in an auction, how would you back up your statement that you make $300 per hour selling guns, when you have only sold 2 barrels of guns in auctions that lasted well over 24 hours each, and all you made was $600?
4: What percentage of the $600 you made in auctioning off guns would you estimate was spent making, or buying materials for the guns?
5: How many hours have you worked in both your gun business, and in the meat business?
6: You claim you ate 29 pieces of steak that are $1 each at the Apex Butchery, but did you check other stores for cheaper food?
7: Are you capable, and have you ever worked at the meat company and sold guns at the same time?

Belovria:
1: Is it true that sometimes the sign at the hospital when you request a doctor doesn’t always work properly, and sometimes doesn’t relay the message to the doctors?
2: Is it required by law that doctors must immediately leave what they are doing and help a patient that needs help? If so, what law is that?

Your honor, may the witnesses please have a time limit to answer their questions?

1: Where do you sell most of your guns? (In a store or in an auction?)

Well I sell some guns in an auction but I sell them by hand mostly so I make a lot of profit from people asking for guns

2: If the answer was in a store, where is your store? No store built yet

3: If the answer was in an auction, how would you back up your statement that you make $300 per hour selling guns, when you have only sold 2 barrels of guns in auctions that lasted well over 24 hours each, and all you made was $600?
Well I Sell most of my guns by hand and the auctions were for a lot of guns, not a few guns or ammo I sell by hand per person and so I make at least $300 per hour now but I don't got screenshots.

4: What percentage of the $600 you made in auctioning off guns would you estimate was spent making, or buying materials for the guns?
I made a lot of profit cause right now I source my own mats but maybe $50 of the $600 I spent on repairing my pickaxe.

5: How many hours have you worked in both your gun business, and in the meat business?
Um maybe 8 hours

6: You claim you ate 29 pieces of steak that are $1 each at the Apex Butchery, but did you check other stores for cheaper food?

Yes, I did but they have a rewards program, and it's pretty cheap so I bought theres.

7: Are you capable, and have you ever worked at the meat company and sold guns at the same time?

I'm capable and I Did work at the meat company and sold guns at the same time.

I would like to restate question 7 to Theonenatr in a more clear way as I do no believe the plaintiff understood what I was trying to ask:
Are you capable and have you worked at both jobs simultaneously? That means selling guns to someone and killing mobs at the exact same time down the the millisecond.

Questions needs to be answered within 48 hours, starting the time you asked your questions.

I'm not capable to sell and kill mobs at the same time but I spend some of my time grinding mobs and take a pause when someone needs guns

Your honor it has been 48 hours since I asked my question, and Belvoria has still not answered them.

Since 1 witness, Belvoria, failed to appear in front of court, I will order The Department of Justice to enforce a fine of 100 dollars a day with a max of 200 dollars in total for being in contempt of court (law 15.10) for Belvoria until she responds.

Last edited:
1: Is it true that sometimes the sign at the hospital when you request a doctor doesn’t always work properly, and sometimes doesn’t relay the message to the doctors?

Though there has been reports of this, I myself have taken matters into my own hands and have found no problems with the sign. I don’t think that this discredits the patient clicking on the sign’s point of if they have called all doctors since I can only speak on my own behalf and to the best of my knowledge

2: Is it required by law that doctors must immediately leave what they are doing and help a patient that needs help? If so, what law is that?

Not by law, that au know of, but it is a Department policy that we enforce. And I believe I have said before that we go over it in training/evaluation, and enforce it.

Thank you for answering the questions, The closing statement of the Plaintiff must be presented in the next 48 hours. Please follow the time limits so the case can move on.

IN THE COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO DISMISS

(Theonenatr)
Plaintiff

v.

(Richie_Z)
Defendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
Defendant move that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:​
1. As stated by Belovria, the head of the Department of Health, it is not illegal for a doctor to not immediately help a patient in need. Due to the fact that it is not illegal, nothing the defendant allegedly did was illegal, and none of the claims for relief are the fault of the defendant.

DATED: This 22nd day of August 2021​

Does the Plaintiff like to answer the motion? You have 48 hours to do so.

Your Honor, Magills (lead counsel) is currently busy so I (co-counsel) will present the closing statement and response to motion to dismiss.

Response to Motion to Dismiss: In the interests of time, I will respond to the motion to dismiss and provide my closing statement in the same post. Firstly, the defendant already provided a motion to dismiss at the appropriate time in the proceedings which was denied. Secondly, belrovia is not qualified to opine on what is and isn’t illegal, that remains solely the purview of this court, and her evidence to this respect must be disregarded. Not only that, but the legal ramifications of a doctor not treating a patient are the key legal issue here, and should be looked at in full, not merely dismissed on their face. Even without this all, the Defendant did not need to take action that where breaches of criminal law, acting negligently in failing to complete his duties, as prescribed by DoH policy, is adequate for civil compensation, which is a separate issue to criminal punishment. Next, my closing statement.

Closing Statement: In this case, we have proven that the Defendant failed to treat the Plaintiff (see screenahots labelled Failure to Treat etc) when he pressed the sign and asked the Defendant directly, in fact, the Defendant told him to “f**k off“. A DoH ticket had to be opened for the Plaintiff to get treatment, 49 minutes after he originally pressed the doctor sign, which caused the Plaintiff great emotional distress, as established in his testimony and with screenshots of the conversation he had with Lovely Law Firm in his attempt to get treatment. We also established that the Doctor’s Guide clearly establishes a duty for Doctors to treat patients over anything else they might be doing, and promptly, hence there ability to warp. This was emphasised by Belrovia, despite what the Defence claims. While break of this duy may not be a criminal offense, and this duty is not enshrined in legislation, the Defendant’s failure to act in accordance with policy, which resulted in harm, can still result in civil compensation, as I have discussed above.

Thank you.

The motion to dismiss is hereby denied, the defendant may present his closing statements. This needs to be done within 48 hours or we will move on without it.

Closing Statement:
In this case, the prosecution has proven only that the plaintiff was shot by an arrow and requested medical help. There is no proof that the defendant Richie_Z ever saw this call for help. Richie_Z never said anything along the lines of "sorry I can't help you now." showing that he may not have seen this request for help. The plaintiff also never directly asked the defendant for help.
As for when the defendant said "I love Democracycraft! you too," there is no context to show what went on in the earlier parts of this conversation. Due to the fact that the defendant added the word "too" to the end of his phrase, it is likely that someone said I love Democracycraft! you to him first. Please do not take this phrase out of context, which is hard to do because there was no context in any of the images.
As for the emotional damages, the plaintiff himself admitted that the emotional damages he was dealing with was a headache which is not considered emotional damage in a court of law.
The prosecution has also failed to show proof of sustainable income. The prosecution showed a few auctions that sold, and for 2 barrels of guns, he made $600 in 48 hours. However that is not a sustainable source of income, and is not paid by the hour. The plaintiff also admitted that he has worked for a total of 8 hours in his more than 3 days and 5 hours of playtime. That is only 10% of the time. What were the chances of him actually working during those 49 minutes?
The prosecution has also added on an extra 2,000 dollars in their prayer for relief for what they call “Legal fees.” Not only are most legal fees a lot less money, but granting legal fees are very rare. This is known as the American rule, and this rule was created to prevent this incident where the prosecution tries to tack on thousands of extra dollars for no reason.
The defense would like to remind the court that the prosecution has to pass what is called the burden of proof which means that they need to prove that every element of this case is more likely to have happened than not.
To summarize, there is doubt as to whether Richie_Z even saw the plaintiffs request for help as he never acknowledged it. There is doubt as to how much money the plaintiff actually earns. There is a doubt as to how much food the plaintiff consumed as there is no proof he ate 29 pieces of steak that were priced at $1 each. However there is no doubt that the plaintiff didn't suffer emotional damages as he could not state what emotional damages he dealt with.
With this all being said, it is fair to say that with all this doubt, the prosecution didn't pass their burden of proof.

The Court will now go in recess. Thank you both parties for your time and effort put in this case.

Verdict

IN THE COURT OF COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

Case No. 07-2021-29

1. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION

a) The Plaintiff suffered an arrow wound in game and wanted to get threated in the hospital. When he reached the hospital he called a doctor but nobody came to threat the Plaintiff.
b) The Defendant was online but did not respond on the call for help and was scolded with the words:" Get f*****!"
c) The Defendant did not help the Plaintiff for another 49 minutes untill another doctor came online.
d) While having an arrow wound the Plaintiff still played on the server which concluded to the following damages:
i) He couldn't kill any mobs for a business that cost him 200 dollars.
ii) Unable to sell guns or craft any gun. (300 dollars)
iii) Consumed 29 steaks and the stress and frustration following.
e) Following the damages the Plaintiff concluded that creating a negative atmosphere for another player by breaking a law has been recognised as grounds for belief through old lawsuits.
f) Doctors have a duty to treat patients over anything else they might be doing.

2. DEFENDANT'S POSITION

a) This lawsuit was biased because there might be more doctors online at the time and only chose one to call out.
b) The Plaintiff doesn't have any proof of the Defendant not attending. The Defendant was not proven online at the time but only showed him talking in chat. There is also no proof of other doctors online at the time, nor the proof of the Plaintiff talking to the Defendant.
c) Following a statement of the witness, TheRukia, was the Defendant busy at the time. Also the witness huney69 never noticed an arrow wound but this was denied by the Plaintiff with evidece.
d) The Defendant may not have seen the call for help and so he is innocent to the crime commited.
e) The prosecution has also failed to show proof of sustainable income. The prosecution showed a few auctions that sold, and for 2 barrels of guns, he made $600 in 48 hours. However that is not a sustainable source of income, and is not paid by the hour. Was he working during these 49 minutes because no proof shows the Plaintiff did.

3. THE COURT'S OPINION

a) The Court believes that the manner of how the Defendant reacted to the situation not what the server stands for. But this isn't a law that can be dealt with in Court because this language is a rule. On the other hand the Court recognises the arrow wound and failure to threat the Plaintiff by the DoH in a reasonable amount of time.
b) The Court recognises the fact that if a doctor is online, he should be attending a patient immediately. This is indeed the duty of every doctor in the DC server and when failed to do so, a punishment can be arranged.
c) The Court believes that that the claim of relief is too exagerated because of not showing the sustainable income.
d) The Plaintiff showed that the Defendant was indeed online on the time being but did not prove he was online on the minecraft server at the time of the events.
e) If the Defendant was online he would have seen the call and so this was not an excuse for the Defendant. There was a negative atmosphere created by the events and if proven so the Defendant would have been punished.
f) We can see on the screenshots/evidence that there is in the chat in front of every word said by the Defendant a VC. This means that this was said in discord and not on the server. The Court can't guarantee with 100% that the Defendant was online and this is why we cant condemn a person when you are not doubtfull about the facts layed out in front of you.

4. THE VERDICT

The Court will rule in favor of the Defendant.

Furthermore the Court thanks each party for their time and effort put in this case. This case is now adjourned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back