CRIMINAL ACTION

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

iGelic
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:
On October 21st, the defendant, iGelic committed conspiracy of murder by targeting the bounty of another player.

I. PARTIES
1. The Commonwealth of Redmont
2. AlexanderLove (Victim)
3. iGelic (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On October 21st, 2023, iGelic targeted a bounty that had been placed prior on AlexanderLove.
2. Targeting a bounty allows a bounty hunter to find and kill the person with the bounty on them.

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. x1 Conspiracy (1st Offense) - Per the Accomplice and Conspiracy Offenses Act (link), conspiracy is the "act of intending to commit a crime, without yet having done so." By targeting an active bounty, the defendant has expressed intent to murder AlexanderLove to claim said bounty. There is no other reasonable reason to target a bounty except for the intent to claim it, which involves murder and possibly assault, attempted murder, and more.

IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. For one count of conspiracy, the prosecution recommends a $500 fine and 20 minutes in jail, OR 15 minutes of community service in place of fine and jail time per the Community Service Act (link).

V. EVIDENCE
2023-10-21_12.59.16.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 29th day of October 2023

district-court-png.12083
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
@iGelic is required to appear before the District Court in the case of The Commonwealth of Redmont v. iGelic. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case or a public defender being summoned. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

hi, i wasnt able to get on pc recently so yeah sorry for being late
i dont understand what is going on and what the heck is "targetting a bounty"

Thank you for appearing before the court, however please respond in a motion to dismiss or answer to complaint within 72 hours of this message. You can check the RBA discord if you need representation or you can also request a public defender.

as far as i know, that's not something to be sued for, so i dont know what you guys are talking about.

You may say that in an answer to complaint or motion to dismiss. You have around 24 hours left. Please do not speak out of turn.

I am here to notify both sides that I will be presiding over the remainder of this case.

With that said, @iGelic I will be appointing a Public Defender in a moment given the 72 hours are up. You can still find council and the Public Defender can be dismissed however until then you now have council.

Due to there currently being no Public Defenders, the Court is in recess until one can be summoned.

WRIT OF SUMMONS

@xtub12345 is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Commonwealth of Redmont v. iGelic.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

I just noticed I accidentally put 48 instead of 72. You have 72 hours from this message. Apologies for the mistake.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

iGelic
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defense affirms that iGelic targeted the bounty set on Mr. Love
2. The Defense affirms that iGelic showed intent to kill Mr. Love
2. The Defense denies that iGelic by targeting a bounty showed intent to unlawfully kill Mr. Love

II. DEFENCES
1. Murder is defined as "The act of unlawfully killing another player. This law overrides attempted murder, assault, and trespassing." and Conspiracy is defined as "The act of intending to commit a crime, without yet having done so." in this case conspiracy for murder would be Mr. iGelic specifically intending to **unlawfully** kill Mr. Love
2. The plugin specifically and only says "<username> now targets you" well this does show intent to kill, it does not show intent to unlawfully kill, it does not specify that the person would kill you in the wild or in a town or city meaning that it can not automatically be declared as intent to unlawfully kill.
3. To prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. iGelic conspired to unlawfully kill Mr. Love there would have to be a message from Mr. iGelic saying "I will kill you at <place in a city or town>" or some sort of feature on the plugin where it would only allow tracking in the city, etc. In any other situation than that, you can not prove that he intended to unlawfully kill Mr. Love.
4. This logic can also be applied for Attempted Murder, and assault except in the case of assault you'd change out "kill" to "hit"

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 9th Day of November

Thank you. We will now move onto Opening Statements, the Prosecution has 48 hours to post an Opening Statement.

I would like to make it known that I made an error when typing out the message above. Instead of 48 hours it is 72 hours. 24 hours will be added on top of the hours above which as of now means the Commonwealth has about 53 hours remaining. I apologize for any confusion this brings.

I would like to make it known that I made an error when typing out the message above. Instead of 48 hours it is 72 hours. 24 hours will be added on top of the hours above which as of now means the Commonwealth has about 53 hours remaining. I apologize for any confusion this brings.
Your Honor,

The plaintiff would like to request that the charges be dropped and the case to be dissmissed.

Thank you,
Your honor.

Very well, this case is dismissed without prejudice at request of the plaintiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back