Commerce Department
Public Affairs Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Supporter
xAntho_ny
xAntho_ny
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CIVIL ACTION

Lex404 (Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP representing)
Plaintiff

v.

.Oubie033
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF

On September 12th, 2023, the plaintiff was on the server trying to arrest the defendant, The defendant told another player on the server that the plaintiff was corrupt mainly because the defendant did not want to be arrested. That statement that the defendant told the other player can ruin the reputation of Lex404 as a police officer for the Department Of Justice and being a Doctor for the Department Of Health

I. PARTIES
1. Lex404 (Plaintiff)
2. .Oubie033 (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. The plaintiff was trying to arrest the defendant because they were wanted through the DemocracyPolice plugin.
2. The defendant told Wildfireaspect, another player on the server that they a “corrupt cop” (Exhbit A)
3. After another player saying that they were not corrupt the defendant then said again at that they were corrupt (Exhbit B)

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. According to The Defamation Act, “Slander is a false statement which defames another person.” .Oubie033 said a statement in global chat that could have/can damaged the plaintiff’s reputation as they are apart of the Department Of Justice.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $100
2. $90 to cover Pressler, Felt & Warshaw’s legal fees
3. $190 total

Screen_Shot_2023-09-12_at_4.37.54_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2023-09-12_at_4.39.10_PM.png
239e8b347ecac6d9f5d2e12d96480385.png
By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 13th day of September 2023

district-court-png.12083

WRIT OF SUMMONS
@Oubie is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Lex404 v. .Oubie033. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

You're honor, we request a default judgement due to the defendant not responding.

There is still around 10 hours left in the 48 hours.

I hereby charge .Oubie033 with Contempt of Court for failure to appear. The charge is to be fined/jailed appropriately by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

The Court will be in recess until a Verdict is posted.

Verdict

Verdict

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION

1. Lex404 was trying to arrest .Oubie033.
2. .Oubie033 calls Lex404 a corrupt cop to Wildfireaspect.
3. After another player remarked that Lex404 was not corrupt to which .Oubie033 remarked Lex404 was corrupt again.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant failed to appear in Court.

III. COURT'S OPINION
1. Arresting someone does not mean they are corrupt.
2. There is a lack of evidence pertaining to Lex404 being corrupt.
3. There is also a lack of evidence pertaining to Lex404 losing reputation or income due to the remarks.

IV. VERDICT
I hereby find in favor of the Plaintiff. I will not be granting any Prayers for Relief, for reasoning look at the Third Opinion of the Court.

The Court thanks both sides for their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back