Information Expungement Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courts

Citizen
INTRODUCTION

In accordance with the Expungement Act, any player may petition the court for their criminal records to be expunged (removed). Players may request their criminal records any time by contacting the Department of Justice, such as through a Justice Department discord ticket. Players are asked to provide clear documentation of these criminal records they've requested from the Department of Justice.

It must be at least 2 months since you were charged with such crime for expungement to be considered.

CREATING A REQUEST

To create a request for an expungement, create a thread just like you would if you were creating a lawsuit. It must be filed a lawyer and there must be good reason for filing it, or else it will be dismissed as a frivolous case.

The title of the thread must follow this format. Make sure that the prefix is set to "Expungement: Pending": Case No. # - Expungement Request

The body of the expungement post must follow this format, or it will be denied and you will be charged with a frivolous court case.

IN THE COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
EXPUNGEMENT REQUEST

The petitioner seeks to have their criminal record removed, in accordance with the Expungement Act. They understand that expungement is only possible if it has been at least 2 months since they have been charged, and that the criminal records of government offences cannot be removed.

I. CHARGES
1. (Name the charges you seek to have removed from your record.)
2. ...

II. REASONING
1. (Explain why such record should be removed.)
2. ...

(Please attach a screenshot of your criminal record if possible)

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This (day) day of (month) (year)

EXPUNGEMENT PROCESS

In accordance with the Expungement Act, the process is as follows:
  1. Once a case has been filed, the court will summon the Attorney General or state's legal equivalency.
  2. The Attorney General will determine whether the player meets the appropriate criteria.
  3. The court will then determine a verdict on such a request with the State's consent.
  4. If the court agrees, they will order the Department of Justice to delete such criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back