CIVIL ACTION

Dartanman
Plaintiff

v.

Krix
Defendant

COMPLAINT

The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

Krix has made multiple false statements to damage my reputation. It went so far as to have me removed from my position as Legal Education Chairperson in the Redmont Bar Association.

I. PARTIES
1. Dartanman
2. Krix

II. FACTS
Note: All dates and times are in Central Time (Chicago Time).
1. On February 21, Dartanman resigned from the Supreme Court [Exhibit A].
2. Later that same day, Dartanman created a political party – the Redmont Integrity Coalition [Exhibit B].
3. On March 1 at 12:25 AM, Krix said that Dartanman “had the [Redmont Integrity Coalition] set up for weeks before [he] resigned” and that Dartanman was “even DMing people asking them to join” while he was still a Justice [Exhibit C].
4. On March 1 at 12:28 AM, Dartanman asked Krix to produce evidence of his claims, and also said “Oh right you can’t! Because you’re lying …” [Exhibit D].
5. Noticing Krix’s silence for several minutes, on March 1 at 12:30 AM, Dartanman claimed “[Krix is] probably trying to photoshop something together to frame me.” [Exhibit E].
6. Krix continued without messaging in #legal for 10 minutes, finally at 12:40 AM posting an image that was allegedly Dartanman advertising the Redmont Integrity Coalition – with an invite link – on February 15 – six days before Dartanman’s resignation and the creation of the Redmont Integrity Coalition [Exhibit F].
7. Shortly thereafter, Dartanman claimed the screenshot was fake – and proved how easily it can be done by creating a fake screenshot of Bezzergeezer praising Dartanman. Dartanman made it clear that it was fake [Exhibit G].
8. On March 1, at 12:48 AM, Dartanman proved that the RIC was created on February 21, 2024 – by showing a screenshot of their join date (and being the creator of the server, that is also the creation date) [Exhibit H].
9. This situation got so big that the RBA felt compelled to handle an investigation – to which Dartanman fully complied and provided every requested piece of evidence, including videos of the Discord client. Notably, Krix refused to provide some evidence, claiming to be protecting a whistleblower [Exhibit I].
10. The result of this investigation – which stemmed entirely from Krix’s defamatory statements – resulted in my removal from the position of Legal Education Chairperson in the RBA [Exhibit J].
11. Despite it being proven multiple times that the screenshot provided by Krix was fake, he repeatedly claimed it was real and that Dartanman is “a liar” [Exhibit K].
12. In the RBA’s so-called investigation, Krix claimed that Dartanman made “political action on the court” that was “known to [Krix] before any evidence came about” and that supposedly, when Dartanman called Krix out for his lies, Krix “showed the evidence [Krix] had” [Exhibit L].
13. The screenshot provided by Krix that allegedly displays Dartanman sending an invite on February 15th is a fake screenshot, as established in the following three Facts:
14. Dartanman created/joined the Redmont Integrity Coalition Discord on February 21 [Exhibit M]
15. The RIC’s logo was created on February 21 [Exhibit M].
16. The Invite Link present in the message that was allegedly sent on February 15 did not exist until February 21 [Exhibit M].
17. As shown in Exhibit K, despite completely proving the claim false, Krix continued to make the baseless accusations that Dartanman was a liar, a fraud, a political hack, and made political actions/parties while a member of the Supreme Court. This shows clear intent to lie about the facts and damage Dartanman’s reputation.
18. Dartanman’s reputation was severely damaged. This is shown in the CrackNews article which claimed allegations suggested “that Dartanman may have laid the groundwork for the Coalition during his tenure as judge” and that evidence suggested “the design of the party’s logo prior to his resignation” and finally comparing Dartanman and the RIC to “dogs … with fleas.” [Exhibit N].
19. Furthermore, substantial damage has occurred, culminating in Dartanman losing his position as Legal Education Chairperson [Exhibit J].

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Slander – [Act of Congress - Defamation Act October 2020]

By publicly proclaiming that Dartanman created a political party whilst a member of the Supreme Court, and repeatedly claiming this to be true despite numerous pieces of evidence proving it is false, Krix severely damaged Dartanman’s reputation with false, unprivileged statements of fact.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $35,000 in compensatory damages, as the DoE was going to pay me $5,000 per legal exam provided to them via my work as Legal Education Chair. I only finished and provided one of eight exams, so that leaves 7 exams unpaid, and as I am no longer Legal Education Chair, this opportunity is gone.
2. $50,000 in punitive damages, as Krix went beyond the scope of decent actions in a civilized community – in fact, it was completely indecent, totally atrocious, and fully intolerable in a civilized community, by taking actions to edit a screenshot to frame Dartanman for doing something he did not do. These punitive damages are for Krix’s outrageous conduct, in accordance with the precedent of [2023] SCR 20 (Lawsuit: Adjourned - Ligthiago v. FuriousPaladin [2023] SCR 20)
3. $50,000 in Consequential Damages (Emotional Damage) – Dartanman stayed up until 4 AM defending his honor, which takes its toll (Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities).
4. $50,000 in Consequential Damages (Humiliation) – In this situation, Krix belittled Dartanman by repeatedly calling him a liar.
5. $50,000 in Consequential Damages (Humiliation Again) – In this situation, Krix made Dartanman out to be disgraced by calling him “Disgraced Justice Dartanman.”
6. $50,000 in Consequential Damages (Humiliation Again) – In this situation, Krix made Dartanman look foolish by repeatedly claiming that the false screenshot was real, making it seem only a foolish person would believe it was fake.
7. $50,000 for Consequential Damages (Loss of Enjoyment in Redmont) – Dartanman lost his position as Legal Education Chairperson as a direct result of Krix’s slanderous statements.
8. $67,000 in Legal Fees, or 20% of awarded damages, as although I’m representing myself, my time as a lawyer costs me as this is time I could spend taking clients’ cases at Solid Law Firm.
Total: $335,000 in damages, plus $67,000 in legal fees, for a total of $402,000.

EVIDENCE

Exhibit A:
NzYnPBAXGdOIuC__Zdc9rVaBurchWzYT0QQpMTXlg0domLyoXqYFxPloeqBZZ1jam1phQzzJxt-f3T_8y3HK9dMNsD4jry90EdD7_dMDzgEjFUNA_Xy-dvsBS7MTiJQPVtSrNw2T8smEl4ytYvAp9LM

In Main DC Discord: Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

Exhibit E:

Exhibit F:

Exhibit G:

Exhibit H:

Exhibit I:

Exhibit J:

Exhibit K:

Exhibit L:

Exhibit M:

Exhibit N:

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 4th day of February 2024.

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
MOTION TO RECUSE

If xLayzur is assigned to this case, I request his recusal. He is a known friend of Krix. xLayzur chose Krix as Chief of Staff whilst President, and has a history of being Krix's political ally as a member of the RNP - Krix's party.

MOTION TO COMPEL

Your honor,

My deepest apologies if this is the incorrect motion, but it has come to my attention that the screenshot Krix sent in #legal was deleted - presumably by Krix. I request that the staff team provide the log of that deleted message to show its contents in full.

Seal_Judiciary.png

IN THE <Name> COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case of Dartanman v. Krix [2024] FCR 31. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment.

I would also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial if both parties request one.​

The defendant failed to appear before the court. They are found in contempt. The Department of Justice is ordered to charge the defendant accordingly.

The court will now be in recess while we prepare a default judgment.

Verdict

VERDICT
Dartanman v. Krix [2024] FCR 31

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Defendants remarks were of a slanderous nature and has caused damages to the plaintiff.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Failed to appear before the court.

III. THE COURT OPINION

1. $35,000 in compensatory damages

The Legal Damages Act states, “Compensatory damages will not be awarded without proof of pecuniary loss.” The Plaintiff has provided the first half, indicating they were removed (legally) from their position as education chair within the RBA. However, they have failed to provide proof from the Department of Education that they are willing to pay $5k per legal exam.

2. $50,000 in punitive damages
The Legal Damages Act states, “Awarded against a person to punish them for their outrageous conduct and to deter them and others like them from similar conduct in the future”. Within the evidence provided to the court, it is apparent that the conduct was done so in an outrageous manner. The limitation of individuals being able to spread what the plaintiff has proven to be a false statement and then fail to change one's response further supports the claim these actions were outrageous.

3. $50,000 in Consequential Damages (Emotional Damage)
The Legal Damages Act states, “Situations in which a person suffers psychological harm due to an entity's negligent or intentional actions.” The evidence provided to the court does imply that the actions did, in fact, inflict psychological harm. However, in this situation, the court would require more than one instance of evidence to fully support the claim of emotional damage to the extent requested by the plaintiff.

4. $150,000 in Consequential Damages (Humiliation)
The Legal Damages Act states, “Situations in which a person has been disgraced, belittled or made to look foolish.” Within the evidence provided to the court, it does give an appearance to fit within the definition of Humiliation. However, some areas fail to meet the burden of proof to satisfy the court.

When reviewing the conversations surrounding the ‘Liar’ and ‘Foolish’ remarks and implications, the court is inclined to agree with the plaintiff. The actions are done in an attempt to belittle and make the plaintiff look foolish.

However, when reviewing the notion of calling the plaintiff a ‘disgraced justice,’ the individual's opinion is allowed to be voiced and is protected under the rights and freedoms within political communication.

5. $50,000 for Consequential Damages (Loss of Enjoyment in Redmont)
The Legal Damages Act states, “Situations in which an injured party loses their ability to engage in certain activities in the way that the injured party did before the harm.” The evidence provided to the court demonstrates that the plaintiff does, in fact, prove within ‘Exhibit J’ that they have been removed from their position within the RBA. The same exhibit further indicates that the removal was directly connected to the defendant's now-proven false statements.

IV. DECISION
The court hereby rules in favor of the plaintiff.

Defendant is hereby ordered to pay the following in damages to the plaintiff.
1. $50,000 in Punitive Damages
2. $100,000 in Consequential Damages (Humiliation)
3. $50,000 for Consequential Damages (Loss of Enjoyment in Redmont)
4. $20,000 for Legal Fees
Total: $220,000

The Department of Justice is also authorized to help facilitate this transfer with the plaintiff.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back