CRIMINAL ACTION

Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

zLost
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:

On June 9, 2023, zLost abused his power as an employee of the Department of State to leak classified information pertaining to the current Presidential election.

I. PARTIES
1. The Commonwealth of Redmont
2. zLost

II. FACTS
1. The Presidential election was going on at the time of the leak (Exhibit A).
2. At 12:26pm on June 9, 2023, Geven26 posted a screenshot holding the vote counts in #politics. (Exhibit B and B2).
3. At 12:42pm on June 9, 2023, zLost admitted to being the cause of the leak (Exhibit C).
4. Exhibit B and B2 clearly prove the crime was committed. The I Admit Act allows zLost's confession to be used as proof that he committed the crime.
5. Electoral votes are classified (Exhibit D).

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. One count of Breach of Integrity, for leaking classified information in #politics.
2. One count of Treason, for abusing his power in the executive branch to maliciously undermine the sovereignty and stability of the Commonwealth, causing panic and confusion in #politics and elsewhere.

IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. For Treason, a $15,000 fine and 2 weeks barred from public office.
2. For Breach of Integrity, a $15,000 fine.
Total: $30,000 in fines and 2 weeks barred from public office.

Note: Due to zLost's apparent remorse and willingness to come forward, we are not seeking the maximum sentence ($45,000 in fines and 2 months barred from public office).

EVIDENCE
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
1686337080716.png

Exhibit B2:
1686337143746.png

Exhibit C:
1686337358234.png

Exhibit D:

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 9th day of June 2023.

Last edited:
I apologize for the premature posting. The case is ready now.

federal-court-png.12082

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@zLost is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Commonwealth of Redmont v. zLost.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

zLost (Represented by zLost)
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The defence pleads guilty to Breach of Integrity.
2. The defence pleads not guilty to Treason.

II. DEFENCES
Your Honor, Treason is defined as:

The act of a party in federal office who is caught attempting to maliciously sabotage or undermine the stability, sovereignty, and/or national security of the government of Redmont.

From this definition, there are three defences for me.

The act of a party in federal office who is caught attempting to maliciously sabotage or undermine the stability, sovereignty, and/or national security of the government of Redmont.

Your Honor, although not explicitly defined or said anywhere, I would assume federal office includes the President, Vice President, Senator, Representative and Clerks. The actions I committed were not using any of these positions.

From the screenshots that the Plaintiff has sent, there is no evidence of maliciousness.

The Plaintiff has also not sent any evidence of the stability, sovereignty, and/or national security of the government of Redmont being sabotaged or undermined.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 11th day of June 2023

Your Honor, the defence would like a motion for summary judgement if the plaintiff agree.

Would the prosecution also like a summary judgement?

1676096130236.png

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
Change of Venue

The constitution sub-section 19 states the following:
'Only‌ ‌the‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌shall‌ ‌hear‌ ‌cases‌ ‌that‌ ‌would‌ ‌remove‌ ‌a‌ ‌person/persons‌ ‌from‌ ‌the‌ ‌following‌ ‌
positions:‌ ‌Representatives,‌ ‌Secretary,‌ ‌Senator,‌ ‌Judge,‌ ‌Vice-President,‌ ‌Principal‌ ‌Officers,‌ ‌General‌ ‌Advisors,‌ ‌President, Executive Officers.'

Given that the sentencing asks for the removal of Zlost from public office and Zlost is currently a senator, the Federal Court lacks subject matter jurisdiction.

That is why this case has been moved to the Supreme Court.

All previous proceedings remain in effect seeing as no consequential decisions have been made so far.
However, please use the Supreme Court format for future filings.

As for the Motion for Summary Judgement, I would like to point and make sure both parties are aware, that agreeing to a motion for summary judgement means that there is no dispute over the material facts of the case. (Those mentioned in the complaint). This means that we will make our judgement on the assumption those facts are true.

The only thing we will be ruling on is whether these facts make the defendant guilty of the alleged offences or not.​

Your honors,

The Prosecution agrees for summary judgment.

Your honors,

Will the Motion for Summary Judgement be approved or denied? I'm sure both parties would like to know whether they need to prepare additional legal documents.

Your Honor, I still agree to the motion for summary judgement if that was what was needed to be said.

Apologies for any confusion that may have arisen. I anticipated receiving a verdict in a more timely manner. At this time the motion for Summary Judgment is still undergoing deliberation in the Supreme Court. Due to the need for comprehensive discussions among multiple justices, the decision-making process is taking longer. I kindly request your patience in this matter. Nevertheless, we anticipate reaching a verdict promptly.

Verdict

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT ON THE MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Zlost [2023] SCR 14

I. PROSECUTION’S POSITION
1. zLost abused his power as an employee of the Department of State by leaking classified information pertaining to the Presidential election.
2. Geven26's screenshot holding the vote counts in #politics (Exhibit B and B2) proofs that there was a breach of integrity.
3. zLost's admitted to being the cause of the leak (Exhibit C).
4. Electoral votes are classified (Exhibit D).
5. The Prosecution recommends a sentence of a $15,000 fine and 2 weeks barred from public office for Treason, and a $15,000 fine for Breach of Integrity, totalling $30,000 in fines and 2 weeks barred from public office.

II. DEFENSE’S POSITION
1. The defence pleads guilty to Breach of Integrity but not guilty to Treason.
2. The defence argues that zLost's actions do not fall under the definition of Treason, which requires an attempt to maliciously sabotage or undermine the stability, sovereignty, and/or national security of the government of Redmont by a party in federal office.
3. The defence points out that there is no evidence of maliciousness or any undermining of the stability, sovereignty, and/or national security of the government of Redmont in the provided screenshots or other material facts.

III. COURT’S OPINION
Justice Milkcrack delivered the Opinion of the Court, in which Justice Banana and Justice JoeGamer joined.

The court carefully considered the arguments presented by both parties and examined the evidence in the case.

In regards to the charge of Breach of Integrity, the defendant pleaded guilty and did not provide any further arguments against the fine. Therefore, the court decided to uphold the fine of $15,000. Moving on to the charge of Treason, the defendant pleaded Not Guilty and put forth several arguments.

Firstly, the defendant claimed that they did not act as a 'federal officer' when leaking classified information. Although there is no clear definition of 'Federal Office' the court determined that it is generally understood that an electoral officer falls within the term of a 'party in federal office'.

Secondly, the defense has argued that the prosecution failed to establish and provide evidence of malicious intent, which would be required under the definition of treason. The prosecution did not offer any counterarguments to the defendant's claims. The court agrees with the defendant that the prosecution failed to allege and give evidence towards any malicious intent by Zlost.

Finally, the defendant argues that the prosecution failed to establish and provide evidence that Zlost attempted to sabotage or undermine the stability, sovereignty and/or national security of the Commonwealth of Redmont. The prosecution did not offer any counterarguments to the defendant's claims. The court agrees with the defendant that the prosecution failed to allege and give evidence towards Zlost attempting to sabotage or undermine the stability, sovereignty and/or national security of the Commonwealth of Redmont.
Because not all elements of treason were proven, the court finds the defendant Zlost not guilty of the charge of Treason.
IV. SENTENCE
1. On one (1) count of breach of integrity, the Supreme Court of Redmont finds the defendant Zlost GUILTY and orders a $15.000 fine.
2. On one (1) count of treason, the Supreme Court of Redmond finds the defendant Zlost NOT GUILTY.

The Supreme Court thanks both parties for their time. This case is hereby adjourned.

It is so ordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back