CRIMINAL ACTION

Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

urbanbeau
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:

urbanbeau attempted to convince someone else to disobey the law and conspired to commit a crime.

I. PARTIES
1. Commonwealth of Redmont
2. urbanbeau

II. FACTS
1. urbanbeau messaged someone "doooo yoooooo want a hitmen" "for 500 or 1000" [Exhibit A].
2. The recipient of the message responded "Are you asking me to pay you to murder someone?" [Exhibit A].
3. urbanbeau responded in the affirmative - "ya" [Exhibit A].

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. One count of incitement (Saviour Act) - as they were attempting to coax the recipient of the messages into committing incitement (they attempted to coax the recipient into paying the Defendant to commit a crime).
2. One count of Conspiracy (Accomplice and Conspiracy Offenses Act) - as they were intending to commit murder for pay.

IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. For one count of incitement: $100 fine
2. For one count of Conspiracy: $500 fine + 5 minutes in jail

Total: $600 in fines and 5 minutes jail time.

EVIDENCE
1693420213346.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 30th day of August 2023

district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
urbanbeau is required to appear before the District Court in the case of The Commonwealth of Redmont v. urbanbeau. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

in memory of rurge

I hereby charge urbanbeau with contempt of court, the DOJ is ordered to fine/jail them appropriately.

Because the defendant failed to appear, Public Defender Director @Bibsfi4a is ordered to appoint a public defender to this case within 48 hours and respond to the case with the defender’s name.

Your Honor, I have been assigned to this case

Attachments

• 1694091819605.png
    1694091819605.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 46
Thank you. Please post an answer to complaint or motion to dismiss within 48 hours.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

urbanbeau (Represented by P.D zLost)
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defence affirms urbanbeau messaged someone "doooo yoooooo want a hitmen" "for 500 or 1000"
2. The Defence affirms that the recipient of the message responded "Are you asking me to pay you to murder someone?"
3. The Defence affirms urbanbeau responded in the affirmative - "ya"

II. DEFENCES
1. Your Honor, while urbanbeau did offer hitman services, there is no evidence that the murder would be carried out unlawfully. It is entirely possible that urbanbeau could've asked for consent before murdering. Thus, the defence believes that urbanbeau is not guilty.
2. Along with this, urbanbeau's third statement cannot be used as an admission of guilt as the I Admit Act (link) states:

An admission of guilt on its own cannot be used as sole evidence for a crime being committed, in order to be admissible it must be proven the crime actually happened - the point of an Admission of Guilt is to prove who did it.

There is no evidence that urbanbeau did infact murder someone.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 8th day of September 2023

Your Honor, the defence would like to motion for summary judgement.

Your Honor, the defence would like to motion for summary judgement.
As it seems the prosecution has nayed my message, I am assuming they want to provide a rebuttal. Thus, the defence wishes to motion for summary judgement after the prosecution has given their opening statement.

Would the prosecution like a summary judgement?

No, your honor. The Prosecution strongly opposes Summary Judgment as we have legal arguments that we wish to address first.

Thank you. The prosecution has 48 hours to file an opening statement.

OPENING STATEMENT

I. RECALL THE FACTS
1. urbanbeau messaged someone "doooo yoooooo want a hitmen" "for 500 or 1000" [Exhibit A].
2. The recipient of the message responded "Are you asking me to pay you to murder someone?" [Exhibit A].
3. urbanbeau responded in the affirmative - "ya" [Exhibit A].

All of these facts were affirmed by the Defense.

II. LEGAL DEFINITIONS
1. Murder is defined by the Violent Offenses Act as "The act of unlawfully killing another player."

III. OPENING STATEMENT

1. Your honor, urbanbeau offered illegal hitman services. While the Defense claims "while urbanbeau did offer hitman services, there is no evidence that the murder would be carried out unlawfully," this is untrue. Murder is inherently unlawful, as the very definition of murder is "unlawfully killing another player." Thus, it is impossible for a murder not to be "carried out unlawfully."

2. We also notice the Defense claimed, "urbanbeau's third statement cannot be used as an admission of guilt as the I Admit Act (link) states:

'An admission of guilt on its own cannot be used as sole evidence for a crime being committed, in order to be admissible it must be proven the crime actually happened - the point of an Admission of Guilt is to prove who did it'

There is no evidence that urbanbeau did infact murder someone."

The Prosecution would like to remind the Court that this is not a murder trial. This is a trial for Incitement and Conspiracy.

We are not alleging that urbanbeau committed murder, but that they intended to commit murder (for pay) and attempted to convince someone else to engage in Incitement.

DATED: This 9th day of September 2023

The defense may now present their opening statement within 48 hours.

zLost is charged with contempt of court, the DOJ is ordered to fine/jail them appropriately. We will now move onto witnesses, both parties have 48 hours to present a list of theirs.

We have no witnesses

We have no witnesses, your honor.

We will now move onto closing statements, the prosecution has 48 hours to present theirs.

The Commonwealth of Redmont is charged with contempt of court for failure to post their opening statement. The Commmonwealth's representatives for this case are to be fined/jailed by the DOJ. The defense may now present their closing statement.

CLOSING STATEMENT

1. Murder is inherently unlawful, as the very definition of murder is "unlawfully killing another player." Thus, it is impossible for a murder not to be "carried out unlawfully."

Your Honor, while yes, murder is defined to be unlawfully killing another player, murder is commonly used in DemocracyCraft to just mean "kill", as you can find people in chat casually asking "Can I murder you?" by simply doing a simply search in #global-chat in the discord. If this argument were to be considered valid, it would set precedent that going forward "Can I murder you?" or that if the statement "murder" were used when asking for consent, it would mean that it couldn't be used as evidence of consent as you would be asking to unlawfully kill someone.

2. The Prosecution would like to remind the Court that this is not a murder trial. This is a trial for Incitement and Conspiracy.

It seems the prosecution has misunderstood what was meant. What the defence meant was that the 3rd statement couldn't be used as an admission of guilt for incitement, as the anonymous person asked "Are you asking me to pay you to murder someone?", and as there is no evidence an unlawful murder would be carried out, the crime never happened and isn't an admission of guilt.

DATED: This 16th day of September 2023

Your Honor, has the court gone into recess yet?

Apologies, some things have been going on in my life. Court will now be in recess as I write the case’s verdict.

I am informing the Court that I am no longer the Attorney General. @drew_hall is and I will no longer be involved in this case.

Drew_Hall, will you be taking the case from here?

Your Honor, it is my personal belief that it does not matter if Drew_Hall takes this case going forward, as the case has already gone into recess. Along with this, Drew_Hall has reacted with a like emoji to Dartanman's message, implying consent.

Just to clarify, yes, Your Honor, I will be handling the case moving forward. I was not sure if I should respond or not so I apologize for not replying sooner.

zLost, while I appreciate your sentiment I ask that you do not speak out of turn during this recess.

Thank you for the clarification, Drrw_Hall.

A verdict will come soon.

Your Honor, it has been almost a month since the court went into recess and 1 month and half since the case was filed.

Thank you for the information.

Verdict

VERDICT

Commonwealth of Redmont v. urbanbeau [2023] DCR 24

I. PROSECUTION'S POSITION
1. The defendant committed incitement and conspiracy
2. The defendant incited an unknown person to commit incitement to commit murder
3. The defendant conspired to commit murder

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The defendant failed to appear, so a public defender was appointed
2. The defense pleads not guilty
3. Conspiracy could not be committed because according to the I Admit Act, to use an admission of guilt as evidence, you would need other evidence to prove that a crime took place

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. It is the opinion of the court that incitement can be applied to a player asking another player to commit a crime
2. The defendant asked the anonymous player to pay them money in exchange for a committed murder, therefore the defendant incited the anonymous player to incite the defendant (coax them by paying them money to do a crime) to commit murder
3. The defendant clearly intended to commit murder for pay, therefore conspiracy applies

IV. SENTENCE
1. The court finds urbanbeau guilty of one count of incitement
2. The court finds urbanbeau guilty of one count of conspiracy
3. The court accepts the recommended sentencing - $100 fine for incitement and $500 fine for conspiracy with 5 minutes of jail for conspiracy
3. urbanbeau is sentenced to a total of 5 minutes in prison and is to be fined 600 dollars

The District Court thanks zLost, Dartanman, and Drew_Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back