CRIMINAL ACTION

Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

Jdroppert
Defendant

COMPLAINT

The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:

The Defendant, Jdroppert, has filled out an eviction report. By doing so, the Defendant is posing as a Building Inspector. If the Defendant were successful in convincing the DCT that Jdroppert was, in fact, a Building Inspector, Jdroppert would have received $300 from the Government Balance. Fortunately, the DCT was aware this, but this does not negate the fact that Jdroppert broke Law 17.15 - Government Impersonation, which carries with it a fine of up to $1,000 and 10 minutes of jail time.

I. PARTIES
1. Jdroppert
2. The Department of Construction and Transportation

II. FACTS
1. On December 1, 2022, the Defendant filed an eviction report for c377. [Exhibit A]
2. Only the DCT can enforce the laws in relation to Building Regulations, according the Jurisdiction Act.
3. Only Building Inspectors are to file eviction reports.

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. One count of Government Impersonation, for impersonating a Building Inspector for personal gain.

IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. $300 for Government Impersonation that could have resulted in a $300 financial gain for the Defendant and 5 minutes jail.

(Note: The Prosecution does not wish to press the maximum punishment of a $1000 fine and 10 minutes jail, as this was a relatively small crime compared to other Impersonations [e.g. impersonating a police officer and forcing someone to do something].

Additionally, it is possible that the Defendant was not acting in bad faith, and believed he was merely reporting a plot to the DCT. However, we reached out to the Defendant for an explanation and received no response, and believe to achieve justice, it must be done through the court.)

EVIDENCE
Exhibit A: https://www.democracycraft.net/threads/c377-dec-1-2022.15339

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 4th day of December 2022

I will no longer be taking this case as I am resigning from the DLA.

I do not know who will be picking it up.

I will be giving the DLA 48 hours to respond with who will be taking over the case. Failure to do so will result in a dismissal without prejudice.

your Honor, I will be taking over this case. I understand it does not say that I am in the DLA I just have not been hired in game if you want I can grab my Prosecutor application to the DLA made and accepted today.

your Honor, I will be taking over this case. I understand it does not say that I am in the DLA I just have not been hired in game if you want I can grab my Prosecutor application to the DLA made and accepted today.
Please post the link to your accepted application or proof that the AG/SG/Leader of the DLA has assigned this case to you and then we will continue with the normal procedure.

here you go. The post is not updated however the acceptance message is there along with a message from the AG saying I can do this case.

1670550464129.png

Thank you, I will file summons when I get home later tonight.

district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Jdroppert is required to appear before the District Court in the case of The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Jdroppert [2022] DCR 58. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your Honor, I believe the time has elapsed for the Defendant to show up.

Due to the new law that there must be a public defender, as well as the new law that changes the public defender program, there are no public defenders at the moment, and therefore this case will be in recess until the Defendant gets a public defender, or appears in court to defend themselves.

I do however find Jdroppert in contempt of court for failing to appear when summoned, and order the DOJ to fine/jail him appropriately.

I have made a mistake. The public defender utilization act has been repealed, and therefore it is no longer a requirement to have a public defender represent the Defendant instead of a default judgement. Because of this I will be writing a verdict soon.

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Jdroppert [2022] DCR 58

I. PROSECUTION'S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff filled out an eviction report despite not working for the DCT, and by doing so posed as a DCT worker.
2. If the DCT didn't notice this, the Defendant would have stolen $300 from the government balance by filling out that eviction report illegally.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant failed to appear before the court.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. It is clear that the Defendant did in fact fill out an eviction report which only DCT employees can do.
2. When doing something that only a certain type of government employees can do, you are posing as that type of government employee. For example if you pull someone over for speeding and you are not a cop, you are considered to be impersonating a cop.
3. For those reasons it is clear that the Defendant did in fact impersonate a building inspector.

IV. SENTENCE
1. I hereby rule in favor of the Prosecution, and will follow their requested sentencing. I hereby order the DOJ to fine Jdroppert $300 and jail him for 5 minutes.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back