Supporter
Willow Resident
AlexanderLove
AlexanderLove
attorney
Client Name: The Commonwealth
Counsel Name: AlexanderLove
Trial Position: Defendant
Reason for the Appeal: I was unfairly charged with contempt of court in this case. There was a series of objections and rebuttals made by both parties. While the other party made rebuttals against court procedure, I only made objections that align with the Court Objections Guide. Objections are allowed to be made at any time. I was given no prior instruction to refrain from making these objections in this manner, and therefore I cannot be in contempt of anything. Contempt of Court is defined as "The act of speaking in a court case when not involved or summoned to provide testimony, the failure to respond to a summons issued by the court, and or the violation of court procedure." I did none of these things as all objections were made under Court Procedure and are permissible objections. I am obviously involved in the Court case, and I didn't fail to respond, so I met no criteria to have been charged with contempt of court.
Additional Information: I want to stress I am appealing ONLY the contempt of court charge that I was assigned in the case. No other decisions at the current moment. Thank you for reviewing.

The Supreme Court has unanimously decided to reject this appeal for your contempt charge.

This is because we do not feel it is within the scope of our constitutional power to overturn contempt charges in ongoing cases. This is a result of the constitutional clause that specifies verdicts:

"The‌ ‌Supreme‌ ‌Court‌ ‌of‌ ‌Redmont‌ ‌has‌ ‌the‌ ‌power‌ ‌to‌ ‌accept‌ ‌or‌ ‌reject‌ ‌appeals‌ ‌of‌ ‌Federal Court‌ ‌verdicts‌ ‌if‌ grounded‌ ‌in‌ ‌points‌ ‌of‌ ‌law.‌"

Additionally we believe that it may interfere with the ongoing case, or prematurely influence a verdict, should we decide to overturn a charge in an active case.

Thank you for your time.

Your honor, with all due respect:

"IV. All accused are entitled to appeal a charge made against them by the state."

Back