Voting Guide | 7th Town Council Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town of Oakridge

Citizen
Oakridge Resident

Candidates that have declared before March 6th have been questioned about what they plan to do in their respective positions. Want to know more about the election? click here.

Head of Residence
Candidates running; 1
Reaperay:

What inspired you to run for Head of Residence?
I was inspired to run for Head Resident because I'm passionate about building Houses as well I want to manage them to make them better communities for housing.

What do you plan to do as Head of Residence?
I have Big plans to re-shape the housing situations with all scatter around town so to Organize and fix them

How do you plan to boost residency within the town?
I plan to roll out some town housing affordable for new players and old make Comfortable living in oakridge and new houses pre-built able have resident in one area.

Given that the town has seen inactivity within the council, how do you plan to be active within the council?
I'm active as player I be active in council team doing Restructuring housing plans and going over resolves.

Anything you would like to say?
I'm very happy able run for Head of Resident

Head of Parks & Recreation

Candidates running; 1, RelaxedGV

What inspired you to run for Head of Parks & Recreation?

I ran for Head of Parks & Recreation because I wanted to make nice parks and to make the town better looking via nature.

What do you want to do as Head of Parks & Recreation?
I want to make the town look a lot better and work with Head of Urban Development to work on adding buses in certain areas and just all together making the entire town look the best it possibly can.

Given that Oakridge has rarely been apart or done events for the past few months, how do you plan to change that?
I plan to hold more events like a Bake Sale within the town and just bring more citizens to the town via it looking nice and also bringing them with fun things.

How do you plan to maintain activity within the council?
I want to talk with the other councilman about how they are doing and just make sure they have things to do and everything

Anything else you would like to add here?
RelaxedGV for Head of Parks & Recreation also for Senate. If I win I'll change my name to StressedGV for 4 months

Head of Commerce

Candidates running; 2, Overloardofpeonys & Trentrick_Lamar

1. What inspired you to run as Head of Commerce?

Trent: I see individuals consistently refer to Oakridge Bay as "inactive" or "dead", something which can be changed fairly quickly with innovative measures and laws. My mind is constantly abuzz with different ways to innovate upon what currently exists, I have pinpointed problems, and I already know what to do to address them.

Overloard: I have been a citizen of Oakridge for awhile and the last council just did absolutely nothing and I want Oakridge to prosper once more.
2. What do you want to accomplish as Head of Commerce?
Trent: As Oakridge Bay is so far separated from Hamilton we must, at some point, consider our economy as local rather than a part of something bigger. To this end, I intend to bring life to the local economy through continuously crafting it to the will of its citizens in order to retain them. I will, biweekly, put out a survey for Oakridge Bay citizens asking how they want to see the town developed economically and what they wish to see for its future in order to determine what steps to take.

Overloard: I plan to do many business incentive programs to make it worth time for people to come check Oakridge out
3. How do you plan to fix the town's industry?
Trent: The only way to fix the town's industry is to get the civilians intimately involved with the city planning process in reference to its economy such that the Town Council is the executor of their will rather than the metaphorical dictator of their freedoms. We need to retain citizens such that they are encouraged to start their own companies based out of Oakridge rather than branching out from Hamilton into Oakridge. The end result of such is more cash flow into the town through domestic trade with Hamilton and more cash flow around it as it comes in, then from the company owner to its employees. As employees are paid these wages they will in turn be encouraged eventually to start up their own shops in Oakridge, thus spawning competition which will slowly, and steadily, grow its economy.

Overloard: I would do many buyback programs for all wood items rising when needed and lowering when needed
4. Given that the town council has been inactive, how do you plan to be active within the town council?
Trent: I will hold a weekly State of the Economy address within Oakridge Bay wherein I will discuss rates of inflation and deflation on items within the town, industries with the most or least representation within it, rates of business openings and closures, and so on and so forth while ending each address with questions by the town's citizens.

Overloard: I am always active and If elected I will encourage others within the council and I will propose new programs
5. How do you plan to bring businesses back into Oakridge?
Trent:I would like to add drug plants to the government store at rates that compete with the drug den in Hamilton in order to encourage people to come here for their products, thereby possibly encouraging them to set up shop in Oakridge. As more of these individuals come to settle, we will eventually see more and more industries pop up as individuals of different specializations congregate into the area.

Overloard: I would propose new business grants for business that sell anything in the town
6. How will you maintain communication with local businesses?
Trent: Already covered above.

Overloard: I would talk to some of the business owners about how there shops are doing and I would also talk to business owners about what oakridge can do better to help them
7. Anything else you would like to say?

Trent:N/A

Overloard: Vote for who you think will take the town to the next level

Head of Urban Development

Candidates running; 2: GamingwAsherrYT & Kycnn1703

1. What inspired you to run as Head of Urban Development?

Kycnn: In fact, I can say that the town of Oakridge itself inspired this. Oakridge, with its history and nature, is truly the most beautiful town in Redmont in my opinion. Working for the future of this town and its residents is an important source of inspiration for me.

Gaming:I felt like running however it is my first time on this server running as something. I feel that the community needed some help and with running I can accomplish so much more

2. What do you want to accomplish as Head of Urban Development?

Kycnn:What I want to achieve is to create a participatory, innovative and sustainable town. To design our projects for the needs of people, to participate while creating the project. Urban development directly affects many branches in the town. Together with all Oakridge residents, we will make Oakridge bay a town famous not only for its natural beauty but also for its architecture. I will work to make this town look more interesting and residents to live in a nicer town. Urban development is also very important for interaction in the town. One of the projects I want to do is the town square. The town square will be the meeting point for Oakridge residents. In this way, I believe that we will increase the interaction between the residents even more. Another is a business district. As you know, something found in other towns but not in Oakridge. I believe that this project will make a great contribution to the town's economy, and it will be a great advantage for the residents, because a place that sells what they are looking for will most likely be found in the business district, which we will build. In summary, I aim to achieve not only one thing but many things here. But all in all for a happy Oakridge Bay!

Gaming: I want to make better roads and fix those stupid bus stops with working with staff and the right people.

3. How do you plan to address the town's current layout / building regulations?

Kycnn: About building regulations and layout, If you have noticed recently, with the opening of new plots, many buildings have been built against building regulations. As a Building Inspector, I already do most of my reporting in Oakridge Bay. If you look at the reports, the reports in Oakridge Bay are quite a lot compared to other towns. The town needs a new identity and building regulations need to be adjusted. A fixed theme should be set and the landowners should build on that theme (there is already a theme, but we need to elaborate a bit more). When I am elected, I will have discussions with the mayor and deputy mayor on this issue and I think we will solve this problem with them. As for the layout, if we talk about the new plots to be sold, the plots should be more flat bounded and some plots don't even have a connection to the road. To solve this problem, I plan to redraw the boundaries of these plots before they are put up for sale, so that the landlords can build more beautiful buildings and as a result, we will achieve our goal, a more planned sustainable city.
Gaming: I will be accordance to Redmont's BI team and we will make sure that nothing has not gone through Inspection.

4. Given that the town council has been inactive, how do you plan to be active within the town council?

Kycnn: I will be as active as possible in the town council, anyway as a head of Urban development I need to be in contact with other council presidents in my work. For example, for the square project I mentioned, I need to be in constant communication with the head of Parks and Recreation, so I will remain active on the town council.

Gaming: I will be active for at least 3 hours before logging off and I also am always on discord so if someone needs anything they can contact me through discord at all times, I will respond within 24hrs of the message. I also plan to help anyone in need with grants and find them a good home.

5. Anything else you would like to say?

Kycnn: Thank you for reading, if you have any questions you can dm me on discord and I will answer your questions. And finally, all for a happy Oakridge Bay!

Gaming: I do not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back