Supporter
ko531
ko531
inspectionmanager
A
BILL
To

Amend The Tresspassing and Theft Offense Act

The people of DemocracyCraft, through their elected Representatives in Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Tressoassing and Theft Offense Amendment Act.”
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon passage and Presidential assent.
(3) This bill has been authored by: ko531
(4) This bill has been co-sponsored by SOH ElainaThomas

2 - Reasons
The current fine for bank robbery is at $500. This was set when you could only make $1k-$1.5k. Now that the payout for a bank robbery has increased to $6k-$8k, the fine for a bank robbery should as well. By doing this the government can afford to keep the bank robbery timer at 3 hours for longer and this still leaves room for up to $3k in profit when arrest for a bank robbery.

3 - Amendments of Tresspassing and Theft Offense Act
(2) Bank Robbery (Original: ElainaThomas29 - Apr 13, 2021)
(i) Classification: Summary Criminal Offense
The act of trespassing specifically within the bank’s vault. This crime overrides Trespass.
Per Offense: $500 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

To:
(2) Bank Robbery (Original: ElainaThomas29 - Apr 13, 2021)
(i) Classification: Summary Criminal Offense
The act of trespassing specifically within the bank’s vault. This crime overrides Trespass.
Per Offense: $5000 Fine + 5 Minutes Jail Time

Last edited:

Veto

This bill is herby vetoed and not passed into law.

Recently as the government balance went into a deficit, staff took action to decrease the amount of payment you'd receive per block and increased the reset time. It's now a maximum of $15 per block instead of $100. With the recent altercation, I believe it'd be unfair to fine $5000.

End also stated that the fine has been amended to $3000 which I believe to be a solid amount for this situation. The announcement can be found in server announcements under "BANK NERF."

Regardless, thank you for your consideration and time put towards this bill.

signature.png

Back