CRIMINAL ACTION

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

Bardiya_King
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Prosecution alleges criminal actions committed by the Defendant as follows:
On October 18th, the defendant, Bardiya_King committed conspiracy of murder by targeting the bounty of another player.

I. PARTIES
1. The Commonwealth of Redmont
2. AlexanderLove (Victim)
3. Bardiya_King (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On October 18th, 2023, Bardiya_King targeted a bounty that had been placed prior on AlexanderLove.
2. Targeting a bounty allows a bounty hunter to find and kill the person with the bounty on them.

III. CHARGES
The Prosecution hereby alleges the following charges against the Defendant:
1. x1 Conspiracy (1st Offense) - Per the Accomplice and Conspiracy Offenses Act (link), conspiracy is the "act of intending to commit a crime, without yet having done so." By targeting an active bounty, the defendant has expressed intent to murder AlexanderLove to claim said bounty. There is no other reasonable reason to target a bounty except for the intent to claim it, which involves murder and possibly assault, attempted murder, and more.

IV. SENTENCING
The Prosecution hereby recommends the following sentence for the Defendant:
1. For one count of conspiracy, the prosecution recommends a $500 fine and 20 minutes in jail, OR 15 minutes of community service in place of fine and jail time per the Community Service Act (link).

V. EVIDENCE
2023-10-18_19.49.11.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 29th day of October 2023

district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
@Bardiya_King is required to appear before the District Court in the case of The Commonwealth of Redmont v. Bardiya_King. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case or a public defender being called. Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your honor, the prosecution has reached a plea bargain with the defendant. The defendant will plead guilty, and in exchange, the prosecution will modify the requested sentencing to a $100 fine and 10 minutes of community service.

Okay, can the defendant confirm this?

The Court has decided to deny this plea deal. Currently, there is insufficient evidence to suggest that Bardiya_King actually committed the alleged crimes. The Court's job is to interpret the law - even when parties may disagree with it.

The defense has 72 hours from this point to provide an answer to complaint or motion to dismiss.

The Court has decided to deny this plea deal. Currently, there is insufficient evidence to suggest that Bardiya_King actually committed the alleged crimes. The Court's job is to interpret the law - even when parties may disagree with it.
Motion to Reconsider

Your honor, the defendant has the right to plea guilty and the Court must accept that plea. The only thing you can reject is the penalties and are free to alter them as you wish. Therefore, you cannot force the defendant to proceed to trial when they wish to plea guilty, respectfully.

Further, there is plenty of proof that the defendant committed conspiracy. Targeting a bounty, as shown in the exhibit, clearly expresses intent to murder the subject of the bounty. There is no other reason a reasonable person would target a bounty EXCEPT to murder them. Therefore, this act is clearly conspiracy.

The motion to reconsider is rejected. Precedent set by [2022] SCR 22 shows that the court can indeed reject plea deals. The defense has around 63 hours remaining.

Your honor, in the words of SpiritzBeyond: "I will not be attending court. Fine me"
Thank you, and royal piss off cause Im pleading guilty because I don't want to be in a whole other lawsuit. I already have enough stuff on my plate, so either reconsider and accept the plea deal or bug off. This will be the last statement I post here. Thank you for your time, "Honor."

I am here to notify both sides I will be presiding over the remainder of this case.

With that done, I will be summoning a Public Defender for Bardiya_King. The summons for which will be occurring soon.

Your honor, in the words of SpiritzBeyond: "I will not be attending court. Fine me"
Thank you, and royal piss off cause Im pleading guilty because I don't want to be in a whole other lawsuit. I already have enough stuff on my plate, so either reconsider and accept the plea deal or bug off. This will be the last statement I post here. Thank you for your time, "Honor."
Bardiya_King is hereby found in Contempt of Court and I order the DOJ to fine/jail appropriately.

Due to there being no Public Defenders, the Court is in recess until one can be summoned.

WRIT OF SUMMONS

@xtub12345 is required to appear before the District Court in the case of Commonwealth of Redmont v. Bardiya_King.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

I just noticed I accidentally put 48 instead of 72. You have 72 hours from this message. Apologies for the mistake.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Prosecution

v.

Bardiya_King
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The Defense affirms that Bardiya_King targeted the bounty set on Mr. Love
2. The Defense affirms that Bardiya_King showed intent to kill Mr. Love
2. The Defense denies that Bardiya_King by targeting a bounty showed intent to unlawfully kill Mr. Love

II. DEFENCES
1. Murder is defined as "The act of unlawfully killing another player. This law overrides attempted murder, assault, and trespassing." and Conspiracy is defined as "The act of intending to commit a crime, without yet having done so." in this case conspiracy for murder would be Mr. Bardiya_King specifically intending to unlawfully kill Mr. Love
2. The plugin specifically and only says "<username> now targets you" well this does show intent to kill, it does not show intent to unlawfully kill, it does not specify that the person would kill you in the wild or in a town or city.
3. To prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Mr. Bardiya_King conspired to unlawfully kill Mr. Love there would have to be a message somewhere after that saying "I will kill you at <place in a city or town>" in any other situation than that, you can not prove that he intended to unlawfully kill Mr. Love.
4. The same logic can be applied to attempted murder, and assault.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 8th Day of November

Last edited:
Alright, we will now move onto Opening Statements. The Commonwealth has 48 hours to provide an opening statement.

I would like to make it known that I made an error when typing out the message above. Instead of 48 hours it is 72 hours. 24 hours will be added on top of the hours above which as of now means the Commonwealth has about 29 hours remaining. I apologize for any confusion this brings.

I would like to make it known that I made an error when typing out the message above. Instead of 48 hours it is 72 hours. 24 hours will be added on top of the hours above which as of now means the Commonwealth has about 29 hours remaining. I apologize for any confusion this brings.
Your Honor,

I appologize. I was trying to get the opening statment done by tonight but due to irl reasons (mainly adoption paperwork) I wont be able to get it done in the time frame. May I request a 24 hour extension so I can put my full effort into this opening statment.

Thank you,
Your Honor

Extension granted. You have 24 hours added onto the original 72. You have 32 hours. Good luck with the adoption papers.

Your Honor,
I appologize for the inconvenience,
The plaintiff would like to request a motion to dissmiss.
Thank you,
Your Honor.

Very well, the case is dismissed without prejudice by request from the Plaintiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back