Supporter
Willow Resident
Tylxrfied
Tylxrfied
donator4
A

BILL

To

Officially legalize unions that do not correlate to any specific job.

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment

(1) This Act may be cited as the “business unions Act”.

(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.

(3) The Act has been co-sponsored by:

218218Consumer, ReinausPrinzzip, Senator Antatro, 1950minecrafter, Hamhamham420

2 - Reasons

(1) Unions aren’t officially available for non job specific groups.

(2) groups or peoples should retain the ability to be protected by a union.

(3) unions such as union of commerce deserve to be represented

(4) business unions should be represented and seen as a real union.

3 - Terms

(1) Unions may not be disbanded, refused registration, refused their legal rights, or discriminated against on the sole basis that they do not represent a specific job

Nay - there needs to be a right to refuse registration so that we don't have anything ridiculous like the spaghetti monster union

Nay - I agree with the end, I'm in favor of giving it more "playground" and not just limiting it to the in the game jobs, but there should still be a bit of regulation

Nay - there needs to be a right to refuse registration so that we don't have anything ridiculous like the spaghetti monster union
That union could be deregistered on the basis that it's clearly not serious, which is completely unrelated to how it doesn't represent a single job.

As stated in the terms, this bill is to ensure unions are not deregistered or refused registry on the “Sole basis that they do not represent a specific job” this still gives the DEC the ability to disband or refuse registration for many other factors such as being unethical or not serious.

As stated in the terms, this bill is to ensure unions are not deregistered or refused registry on the “Sole basis that they do not represent a specific job” this still gives the DEC the ability to disband or refuse registration for many other factors such as being unethical or not serious.
The bill needs to be reworded. In it's current state it basically makes unions bulletproof.

Veto

This bill has been vetoed for the following reasons:
- I agree with former Representative End, there needs to be such right to refuse registration
- I also believe that this gives a lot of power to businesses and I see no reason to do so, this was not the original intention of the Unions bill
- I think that with some work, this bill could be viable but in its current state I cannot sign it

Back