Citizen
Homeland Security Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
surferdude2132
surferdude2132
recruit
IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CIVIL ACTION

Spirits_King (Surferdude2132 representing)
Plaintiff

v.

Steveshat
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On the 7th of July, the plaintiff hosted an auction for 1 stack of gold blocks. The defendant put up an offer of 15,000 dollars but failed to pay it, this has caused the plaintiff to suffer from a huge amount of damages. The defendant saying this (evidence is provided below) clearly makes it a binding offer.
The defendant has not only caused a substantial amount of damage through breaking the binding offer, but they also went on to physically and mentally attempt to harm the plaintiff by pushing my client from spawn and aiming an RPG at them. In terms of mentally harming the plaintiff, they started swearing to my client and the defendant went on to 'mock' the plaintiff by creating another bid to a different auction which the plaintiff created saying they would buy an iron drill for 1 trillion dollars, whilst not paying it or not even possessing that amount of money. The defendant started saying "sue me."
Not only did he damage the plaintiff through the auction, but he also stopped the supply of where the plaintiff gets his money by firing him from the defendant's business. This has caused the plaintiff to be unemployed, ceasing his financial freedom.

I. PARTIES
1. Spirits_King (surferdude2132 representing).
2. steveshat

II. FACTS
1. The plaintiff hosted an auction and the defendant bidded 15,000 dollars.
2. The defendant failed to pay the 15,000 dollars causing major damages in the flow of the plaintiff's sales.
3. The defendant attempted to physically and mentally harm the plaintiff by aiming guns and by verbally assaulting him. The defendant was also trying to push away the plaintiff from spawn so he could cause physical damage with a netherite axe and an RPG.
4. The plaintiff hosted another auction in which the defendant yet again bidded 1 trillion dollars but failed to pay for it.
5. The defendant fired the plaintiff with no reason whatsoever, except for the fact that he was suing him.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Breaking the binding offer means that the flow of sales are slowed down, causing the plaintiff to lose profits.

2. Law 13.12 Assault -
The act of hitting a player, causing a loss of more than 3 hearts; or putting them in a place of danger (such as pointing a weapon at them).

3. Law 13.16 - Harassment, Alarm, or Distress -
The act of disorderly behavior towards an individual or a group of individuals, that may be deemed to a reasonable person as causing harassment, alarm, or distress.

4. The defendant has simply wasted the plaintiff's time by causing all this damage.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $15,000 dollars for the original offer made whilst being binded.

2. $500 dollars for the emotional damage caused to the plaintiff

3. $1000 dollars for the time which the defendant has wasted.

4. $500 dollars for legal representation

image.png
2023-07-06_22.02.09.png
2023-07-06_21.55.25.png
2023-07-06_21.55.17.png

2023-07-06_21.55.20.png

By making this submission, I agree, I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 11th day of July, 2023

Here is proof of my representation for Spirits_King:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-07 130217.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-07 130217.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 52
Your honour, I'd like to just say it was actually 10 thousand dollars not 15 thousands. Apologies for that.

Instead of 15 thousand in the prayer of relief, it was actually 10 thousand.

Thank you.

MOTION TO DISMISS

Spirits_King (Surferdude2132 representing)
Plaintiff

v.

Steveshat (LilLethalVert representing)
Defendant

MOTION TO DISMISS
Defendant move that the complaint in this case be dismissed, and in support thereof, respectfully alleges:

1. The nature of the suit is frivolous. The Plaintiff inflates the damage of events and consistently exaggerates to the Court. Additionally, the Plantiff's goal from the start of this predicament was to pursue legal action without consideration to context or common sense.

2. The Plaintiff's claim alleges the Defendant's "bid" is a binding offer despite the auction being hosted informally in a global channel and without rules or guidelines. The Plaintiff, acting in the capacity of a citizen, doesn't possess the authority to hold auctions in a global channel and cannot enforce bids.

3. Even with the assumption the Plaintiff may host legally binding auctions in public channels, the Defendant's bid was a patent joke. The amount "bid" by the Defendant was unheard of for the item auctioned, and it is ridiculous, yet within the frivolous nature of this suit, for the Plaintiff to allege that the Defendant should complete the transaction.

4. The value of emotional damage or lost time is not substantive and cannot be quantified, so the Defendant should not be obligated to relieve. Additionally, the Plaintiff never had intention to complete the transaction with the Defendant, so they could not have suffered significant loss when, accordingly, it was not completed.

5. The evidence provided shows the Defendant did not display disorderly behavior and certainly did not harass the Plaintiff. The opposite is true: the Plaintiff initiated majority of the problematic actions during the auction. In the attached screenshot, the Plaintiff instructs the Defendant to commit suicide.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 7 day of July 2023

Exhibit A.png

Last edited:
Your honour, may I respond to the motion to dismiss?

This is your final warning to not speak out of turn, Lethal. You may not respond to a case before it is even in session.

You are allowed to file the same motion to dismiss if you wish after summons. Please, however, include proof of representation somewhere.

federal-court-png.12082

WRIT OF SUMMONS

@steveshat is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Plaintiff v. Defendant.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

The message by Lethal is also hereby struck from the record.

ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

Spirits_King
(Plaintiff)

v.

steveshat (I have decided to defend myself)
(Defendant)

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. DENY the Plaintiff hosted an informal auction in chat and the Defendant bid as a joke $10,000.
2. AFFIRM the Plaintiff did not pay the $10,000.
3. DENY never did the Defendant assault or harass the Plaintiff.
4. DENY the sale of the Iron Drill was not yet an auction.
5. DENY the Plaintiff was fired for telling the Defendant to kill himself in chat (Exhibit A)

II. DEFENCES
1. The auction that was hosted in chat was informal and not in the official marketplace channel in the Democracy Craft discord. Therefore the Defendant made a joke bid of $10,000 dollars to poke fun at the Plaintiff. Also, the CPI for 1 gold block is $7, making a stack of gold blocks (the item bid on) $448 on average. The joke bid placed is clearly out of range for the average price of the items and the Defendant was aware of this.

2. The Defendant is not required to pay the amount of $10,000, because the gold blocks were never received. An important detail that the Plaintiff left out.

According to the CLF Act, a contract must have Offer, Acceptance, Consideration, Capacity, Legality, and Legal intent and Format.

This "contract" lacks legality. It was hosted in a global in-game chat with no contract laws or rules. According to the CLF Act "Rebutting a presumption can be, A lack of certainty and formality, vagueness on essential terms, absence of reliance on the agreement and an agreement made in haste. Not only does this "auction" lack formality, but it lacks reliance as it was hosted in a global chat.

3. There is no truth to the claims that the Defendant assaulted or harassed the Plaintiff. There is also no evidence proving these statements and it is quite the opposite. The Plaintiff is trying to get back at the Defendant after he was fired for harassing the Defendant in chat.

4. The Plaintiff in chat said himself "Selling iron drill for 8000 if i get to people wanting to buy it i will turn into a bid". This shows that the referenced item was not for bid yet and couldn't be bid on.

5. The Plaintiff was not fired for no reason, rather he was fired for harassing the Defendant in chat and instructing the Defendant to kill himself. When the Defendant asked "what if I actually did it spirits", the Plaintiff replied "i would be laughing steve". (Exhibit A)

EVIDENCE
1688787465392.png
1688787472769.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 7th day of April 2023.

Thank you. The plaintiff has 48 hours to file their opening statement, immediately following that the defendant will have 48 hours to do the same.

My apologies your honor,

Can this be stricken from the record. I was mistaken with what I said.

My apologies your honor,

Can this be stricken from the record. I was mistaken with what I said.
What are you requesting stricken from the record? Also please use a motion to strike.

Sorry your honor,

I said said something in the previous chat and edited it.

Alright, thanks for letting me know

Your honour, am I allowed to withdraw myself from this case?
Thanks

You may file a motion to nolle proseqi to withdraw a case.

IN THE COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
Motion to nolle proseqi

Justification for Motion
The plaintiff was not significantly damaged by this and it could've easily been resolved by the plaintiff ignoring it and actually posting this auction in a more formal space like the marketplace on the discord server. I would like to apologise to the judge for wasting their time.

DATED: This (day) day of (month) (year)

Thank you, this case is hereby dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back