Willow Resident
xEndeavour
xEndeavour
constructor
A
BILL
To

Clarify Resisting Arrest.

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Resisting Arrest Amendment Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.

2 - Reasons
(1) Police officers are ordering players to front to /spawn and arresting them on the spot; or if they don't front up, they charge them with resisting arrest. This is not the nature of resisting arrest. The law should be that a player who actively resists custody (warping away or running away for example) is guilty of this crime rather than someone who passively does not respond to the orders of a police officer who cannot be bothered going to the person they are apprehending.
(2) Yet to see an episode of cops where the officer says "Hi murderer, can you please come to spawn here so I can arrest you?"

3 - Terms
(1) A player cannot be charged with resisting arrest for failing to follow a police order to attend a location.

Last edited:
Nay - I know that the resisting arrest thing may sound weird to the people out of the Department of Justice, but it's needed to fine the people who don't come to be arrested. Though, I would gladly decrease the fine to $50 fine and removing the " plus an additional $60 for every 15 minutes in which arrest was resisted, capped at $600 " point in the actual law.

Bill failed to reach a majority due to abstainsions for a 2nd time, and so in accordance with the Senate Standing Orders, it has failed.

Back