Aventura Resident
huney69
huney69
attorney

A

BILL

TO

Amend the Property Standards Act

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:
1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Residential Revamp Act”
(2) This Act shall be enacted 14 days after its signage.
(3) This Bill was authored by President LilDigiVert
(4) This Bill was co-sponsored by Rep. GoldBlooded

2 - Reasons

(1) Nobody is using R-plots in the status quo, this bill gives people a reason to own one.
(2) Farms under c-plots are unrealistic, whereas having "gardens" is at least somewhat plausible in the real world.
(3) Farms in commercial hubs concentrate a player's operations to one or two plots, stifling the plot market and reducing incentive to own additional plots.
(4) Farms in crowded cities often cause lag, especially ones with redstone.
(5) People farm on S-plots and eco-skyscrapers are real in the real world. This would also draw more attention to the skyscraper district, which is underutilized.
(6) This bill was proposed in the last Congress but failed due to improper formatting.

3- Amendment to “11- Urban Agriculture”

(1) Agriculture is not permitted on R, S, C or BM plots.
(2) Agriculture is permitted on F plots
(3) Agriculture is permitted on I, S and R C plots if it is conducted underground or hidden.

4- Digi Raps

I'm in shock
The nerve, the audacity
Okay

So if you rebuke me for workin' with someone else on a couple of Bs
What do you really think of the mayor that's makin' you speak?
I've done things for her I thought that she never would need
Father had to stretch his hands out and get it from me
I girlbossified for hours, then let it repeat
Now, you poppin' up with the jokes, I'm dead, I'm asleep
I just left from over by y'all puttin' pen to the sheets
Tired of sittin' quiet, and helpin' my enemies eat
Keep gettin' temperature checks
They know that my head overheats
Don't know why you people listen to the Alex and Steves
Must've had your Infrared wrong, now your head in the beam
Y'all are the spittin' image of whatever jealousy breeds
Don't push me when I'm in Presidential mode
You're not even top 5 as far as your hate discords go
You send shots, well, I got to challenge those
But I bring Calicos to the Alamo
I could never have a Void in my circle and hold him back 'cause he makes me nervous
I wanna see my brothers flourish to their higher purpose
You haters leeches and serpents
I think it's good that now the teachers are learnin

This was a difficult one to decide, but nay.

I think creating further regulation in our zoning laws could benefit the economy, as land scarcity creates resource scarcity, but after spending a lot of time determining the outcome of this bill, I think it would cause more harm than good.

(1) Nobody is using R-plots in the status quo, this bill gives people a reason to own one.
Allowing R plot owners to create farms of unregulated capacity underground does nothing to help the economy nor appeals to realism, yet realism is an argument you use in (2) and (5).

(2) Farms under c-plots are unrealistic, whereas having "gardens" is at least somewhat plausible in the real world.
"Garden" would need to be specified and able to be regulated, or else we will just end up with farms under R plots instead of farms under C plots.

(5) People farm on S-plots and eco-skyscrapers are real in the real world. This would also draw more attention to the skyscraper district, which is underutilized.
To address the first half of the first sentence: Just because people do things doesn't mean that their actions should be legal. Previous farming on S plots doesn't justify current farming on S plots, or farming on S plots in general. As for the second half of the first sentence, I completely agree: if eco-skyscrapers exist irl then they should have the ability to exist in-game, but the amount of agriculture would have to be regulated just as it should be in (2).

I was going to motion an amendment for this bill, but I realized half way through that it would need to be a completely separate bill, as none of the reasonings would be applicable, nor would the title reflect the intent.

Last edited:
Nay - I'll subscribe to the above reasoning. I think Sentient makes some valid arguments.

Back