Oakridge Resident
Yeet_Boy
Yeet_Boy
mayor
A
BILL
To

Reform The Punishments of the Convicted

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Punishment Reform Act.'
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) The Act has been co-sponsored by: DemonFire256

2 - Reasons

(1) The current punishment system is based only on fines and jail, however there are several other ways to educate/punish convicted criminals.

3 - Probation

(1) Players have the option, before being sent to jail for any crime not outlined in Section V of this bill, to be put on probation. Upon choosing probation over jail, the convicted player must choose at least one term of probation to abide by instead of going to jail. They still must pay their fines, however.

4 - Terms of Probation

(1) Paying $25 per minute that would have been spent in jail.
(2) Prohibition of travel to other towns the accused is not a spawning resident of for 24 hours
(3) Prohibition for weapon use for 24 hours

5 - Parole

(1) When a player has been convicted of Embezzlement, Corruption, Market Manipulation, or Electoral Fraud, they will be subject to terms of Parole as well as the associated fines/jail time.
(2) The convicted player must be assigned to a Parole Officer at the discretion of the DOJ Secretary or Deputy Secretary, and must meet with said officer periodically.

6 - Terms of Parole

(1) The convicted player must not commit any crimes for a one-week span after being put on Parole. If they are found guilty of committing crimes during this time, they will be fined double the normal amount, and will be given double the normal jail time.
(2) The convicted player may not enter the Capitol building, the Courts (unless for an ingame trial), and the Bank, unless given permission.
(3) The convicted player will be barred from attending public events without special permission from the event organizer(s).
(4) The convicted player shall have their firearms license revoked for the length of their Parole (one week).

Last edited:
I only abs given the Probation is very light compared to what it should be and if you spend 60 minutes in prison you only pay $180. The barring people from events is not the best idea unless they are causing chaos within the event and not following what the host states. I believe most of it is light however I like the idea, just needs to have more severe punishments.

I only abs given the Probation is very light compared to what it should be and if you spend 60 minutes in prison you only pay $180. The barring people from events is not the best idea unless they are causing chaos within the event and not following what the host states. I believe most of it is light however I like the idea, just needs to have more severe punishments.
Yeah I get that, perhaps if this doesnt pass Ill draft a revised one.

Back