Oakridge Resident
1975Consumer
1975Consumer
donator4
A
BILL
To

Strengthen Presidential Term Limits and Amend the Constitution​

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Presidential Terms Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act is hereby co-sponsored by huney69.

2 - Reasons
(1) A full, four-month term is already an excessively long time for server politics, and to allow presidents to serve a length significantly greater than that would hamper political diversity in the executive.
(2) Even if their terms were non-consecutive, the re-election of a president more would cultivate political stagnation.

3 - Amendment to Section III - The President & The Cabinet
(1) Subsection a is added under Election, and subsection b changes to subsection c under Election:
b.
i. No President may be elected to more than two terms.
ii. No unelected President who has served as President for a period of over two months may be elected to more than one term.
c.
i. A Vice President cannot be the last President.
d.
i. No person barred from serving as President due to term limits may serve as Vice President.

(2) Application to Existing Former Presidents:
This amendment shall not apply to any person who has served as President during or prior to its ratification unless said persons assume the presidency again.

Last edited:
Nay - the current limitations are good. Finite limitations are not.

Back