Oakridge Resident
RoryyyMC
RoryyyMC
donator1
A
BILL
To

Amend the Town Constitution

The citizens of Oakridge, through their elected Representatives in the Town-Council and the force of law ordained to that Town-Council by the people through the constitution of Oakridge, do hereby enact the following provisions into the town bylaws:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the 'Power Fix Act 2.0'.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act has been authored by: Head of Residence RoryyyMC
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by: Mayor Yeet_boy

2 - Reasons
(1) Currently, the Mayor can remove or appoint this can be unfair, as technically the Mayor can remove councillors they dislike and fill it with people they like.
(2) Currently, the Town Council can not overturn a Mayoral veto. This can be unfair, and this bill would make it possible to overturn a veto.

3 - Terms

Amend Article I of the Oakridge Constitution

From

Article I – The Executives of Oakridge shall consist of the Mayor and any departments which might be created through the legislative process. The Mayor shall have the power to veto any bill passed by the Town Council. Once a bill is vetoed by the mayor one of similar nature may not be proposed again for 14 days. The Mayor shall have the power to appoint and stand down any of the Advisors in the Town Council and the Deputy Mayor.

To

Article I - The Executives of Oakridge shall consist of the Mayor and any departments which might be created through the legislative process. The Mayor shall have the power to veto any bill passed by the Town Council. The Council can override a Mayoral veto through a supermajority vote. Once a bill is vetoed by the mayor one of similar nature may not be proposed again for 14 days. The Town Council shall have the power to appoint or remove any of the Councillors / Town Council members in the Town Council and can remove the Mayor or Deputy Mayor with a Supermajority (excluding the vote of the person being removed).

Last edited:
Back