Bill: Rejected PLOTS Resolution (prod. LilDigi)

How do you vote on this Bill?

• Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sen: Aye

• Sen: Nay

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trentrick_Lamar

Citizen
Education Department
Commerce Department
Public Affairs Department
Supporter
Trentrick_Lamar
Trentrick_Lamar
economist
A
RESOLUTION
To

Plot Lottery as an Overseas Time Solution

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress, do hereby formally enact this non-binding resolution, as a request to our Government:

1 - Short Title and Enactment:

1. This Resolution shall be cited as the PLOTS Resolution
2. This Resolution shall act as both a formal request and recommendation to the Department of Construction and Transportation
3. This Resolution was written by Sen. LilDigiVert,

2 - Reasons

1 Bars

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do
I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do
But she wears short skirts I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time
If you could see that I'm the one
Who understands you
Been here all along
So, why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

2– Thoughts

1) People living outside of North America are often put at a disadvantage in claiming expansion plots due to odd hours. People who are also just not online/don’t know plots are available also lose out. A plot lottery would allow for people in all time zones to get a plot, at all times of the day.

2) In the current system, someone could get 5 expansion plots that are next to each other by spamming /as buy. These plots are often either 1) combined, limiting the amount of plots available long term or 2) resold for a ridiculous markup. A plot lottery in the proposed format would limit both from happening as someone can’t buy a bunch of plots fast.

3) A wider variety of people owning property is probably a good thing. This resolution evens the playing field, allowing for more to access plot ownership.

4) This would ease the burden of regioning everything at once on the staff.

3 – Terms

1- Summary

The DCT and associated actors should implement a lottery system to determine who gets to purchase a certain expansion plot.

2- Implementation

- Release a map of the expansion area 24 or 48 hours prior to the sale of plots and list of available plots.
- Allow for players to fill out a form, allowing them to put their name in 3 different pools.
o If a player really wants one certain plot, they could select that option on the dropdown twice/thrice.
- Once the time has expired, randomly select someone from the pool using a form of random number generator
o If the player is unable to purchase the plot, the DCT could either a) put the plot up for sale and let anyone purchase it or b) re-roll and give someone else first pick to purchase it.

- Form Sample: https://forms.gle/YtHEQFhRt58yH9LD6

Back