Justice Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Aventura Resident
Dartanman
Dartanman
presidentofthesenate
IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
CIVIL ACTION

Mask3D_WOLF (Solid Law Firm representing)
Plaintiff

v.

oreoenthusiast
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
The Plaintiff is currently married to the Defendant and wishes to divorce. The Defendant left the country several months ago and has shown no signs of planning to return. The Defendant may even be dead.

I. PARTIES
1. Mask3D_WOLF (Plaintiff)
2. oreoenthusiast (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. Mask3D_WOLF is currently married to oreoenthusiast
2. oreoenthusiast has not logged on the server in nearly 3 months

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. Mask3D_WOLF would like a divorce. According to the Marriage Act, without consent from oreo, this has to be done through the court.
2. oreoenthusiast agreed to the Marriage and registered it with the DPA. At the time that this occurred, the Marriage Act required that married couples shared finances.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
1. $100 in legal fees
2. All balance remaining in the Defendant's possession be transferred to the Plaintiff
3. The Plaintiff and Defendant be divorced and their marriage be deregistered.

Evidence:
Exhibit A (Marriage of Mask3D_WOLF and PoetRini [in-game: oreoenthusiast]): https://www.democracycraft.net/threads/mask3d_wolf-and-poetrinis-marriage-registration.8523/
Exhibit B (Date when Marriage Act was amended):
1663539305419.png

Consent To Represent:
1663539184729.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 18 day of September 2022

I will file summons later tonight, however before I file summons, does the Plaintiff have proof that the Defendant agreed to have his assets taken if he left the server?

I will file summons later tonight, however before I file summons, does the Plaintiff have proof that the Defendant agreed to have his assets taken if he left the server?
In Exhibit A, the Defendant said, "I, PoetRini, agree to the terms of the Marriage Act and wish to register my marriage with Mask3D_WOLF."

As seen in Exhibit B, at the time, the Marriage Act contained the words, "Should a player ... [be] inactive for over 3 months ... their assets will be legally retained by their spouse."

Since that was included in the agreed upon terms, and since the Defendant has been gone for so long (it would not make sense to expect the Defendant to update the Marriage Registration after they have already left the country), it should be expected that the Defendant's spouse (the Plaintiff) may retain the assets, and then divorce.

PwFVDhr.png

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS
The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case of the Mask3D_WOLF v. oreoenthusiast [2022] DCR 46. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

IN THE DISTRICT/FEDERAL/SUPREME COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

Mask3D_WOLF v. oreoenthusiast [2022] DCR 46

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff wishes to get divorced from the Defendant.
2. However because they are currently married, and the Defendant has left the server a long time ago, the Plaintiff is entitled to the Defendant's belongings according to the Marriage Act.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant has failed to appear before the court.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. According to the current amended Marriage Act, it states that the the person who leaves the server must directly state on their marriage registration that they agree to let this happen.
2. The Defendant agreed to the terms of the Marriage act in August of 2021, and therefore we must look back at what the Marriage Act stated in August of 2021.
3. In August of 2021 the Marriage Act Stated "The players who allow their assets to be taken must say so directly on their marriage registration thread as well as which spouse has access."
4. The Defendant never stated on their marriage thread that their assets are allowed to be taken if they leave the server for more than 3 months, therefore the Plaintiff has no right to the Defendant's property.

IV. DECISION
1. As stated before, the Plaintiff is not entitled to the property of the Defendant because the Defendant never stated that they agree to let the Plaintiff take his property if they left the server for more than 3 months.
2. However the Plaintiff is allowed to get divorced from the Defendant, but must contact the DPA to do so, as stated in the Marriage Act.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back