Construction & Transport Department
Public Affairs Department
Redmont Bar Assoc.
Supporter
Willow Resident
VanillaChai79
VanillaChai79
constructor
The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDVanilla Senate Requirements Amendment Act”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by MilkCrack, Sen. LilDigiVert & Rep. VanillaChai79
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. LilDigiVert

2 - Reasons

1. The Senate is supposed to be the chamber of review to the House, to ensure that “bad bills” are not passed into law. Therefore the Senate was meant to be composed of more experienced politicians. So to ensure experience without making the senate an oligarchy, a wide range of jobs have been selected that allow entry to run.
  2. This bill was passed earlier in the year with a supermajority in both chambers and failed by 1 vote in referendum
  3. This bill allows for town councils and other positions to hold more meaning and greater implications.

3 - Terms

(1) The Constitution is amended as follows:

"(3) In order to run for the Senate, citizens need to meet these requirements:
Has accrued 72 hours playtime and 12 hours of playtime within the last 30 days prior to declaring their intent to contest the election on the forums
Is an active participant in the community, in-game, on discord, and on the forums."

Is changed to:

"(3) In order to run for the Senate, citizens need to meet these requirements:
Has accrued 72 hours playtime and 12 hours of playtime within the last 30 days prior to declaring their intent to contest the election on the forums.
Has previously been elected or appointed to the role of Representative, Senator, President, Vice President, Secretary, Deputy-Secretary, Chief of Staff, Mayor, Attorney General, Ambassador, Solicitor General, Town-Council, Judge, Justice, Chief-Justice or any other role that requires senate approval.
Is an active participant in the community, in-game, on discord, and on the forums"

4 - Digi Raps

Sticks and stones, chrome on chrome
That's just what a rapper on
Internet clones, got 'em kissin' through the phone
Lames cliquin' up so they don't feel alone, ayy
Now they all seein' me, I'm Ice Cream Party SMP
I used to roll with BDP, the house is not a BNB
The henchmen waitin' on their owner like I'm END
I'm steady pushin' P, you haters pushing PTSD
I told his ass to fight me in the club, forget a TMZ
I used to want the GMC, when Krix was doing BMP
We revvin' up and goin' on a run like we DMC
I link with them for a couple days, then its BRB
You politicians love askin' if I called the shots, when you know we did
When you know we did

Veto

I, President Derpy_Bird, hereby veto the above act.

Having this in place restricts opportunities for individuals who are very competent and have political knowledge from getting into politics. There have been many examples of players who have won a Senate seat and have been publicly supported yet have had no political experience. I do not see having incapable people in Senate an issue we are facing, or could face in the future. We never end up with people you aren't capable in senate as it is already a hard race to win and is highly contested.

Back