Supporter
oviy4n
oviy4n
attorney
A
BILL
TO
Amend the Constitution & Electoral Act

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV Special Election Nomination Time Amendment” or “LDV SENT Amendment”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Sen. LilDigiVert, Rep. Tekkovvs, & Secretary of State DrThunder.
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. LilDigiVert

2 - Reasons

Picture if you will, that the throne was burning
Rome was burning, and I'm sitting in the corner all alone burning
Why does it always end up like this?
Something that we don't determine
Same people that I fought for
That I fight for, that I ride for
That I live for, that I die for
Be the reason that these parties is alive for
And they want me dead
But I'm so sorry but I just can't die for you
But I can make 'em put their hands in the sky for you
We waiting for the fireworks like July 4th
Get fly more, get high more, cry boy, why for?
When the grief is over, beef is over, I'll be fly when Easter's over
I tried to teach politicians how to be kings
And all they ever wanted to be was soldiers
So the love is gone, 'til blood is drawn
So we no longer wear the same uniform
Fudge you squares, the circle got smaller
The castle got bigger, the walls got taller
And truth be told after all that said
They all still got love for you

3 - Unofficial Reason
Electoral officers, the DPA and parties currently have to scramble to organize an election, debate, and primary. An extra 24 hours would give a greater cushion.

4 – Terms

Replace:

10 - Special Elections
(1) Congress may motion to hold a special election for a Congressional vacancy.
(2) After the motion has been approved by simple majority, it then must receive Presidential Assent.
(3) Should the President decline to grant assent for the special election motion, this may not be overruled.
(4) If assent was granted, the election shall take place 3 days thereafter, the public shall immediately be notified to allow candidates to campaign and officially submit their intent to run.
(5) A special election shall consist of a 48 hour nomination period and 24 hour voting period.
(6) Whichever candidate reached a plurality shall fill the vacancy.
(7) In the event of a tie, Congress shall choose between the highest voted candidates that tied.
(8) There shall not be a caretaker mode when a special election occurs.
(9) The results of a special election will become the most recent election from where another 14 day period will commence.

With:

10 - Special Elections
(1) Congress may motion to hold a special election for a Congressional vacancy.
(2) After the motion has been approved by simple majority, it then must receive Presidential Assent.
(3) Should the President decline to grant assent for the special election motion, this may not be overruled.
(4) If assent was granted, the election shall take place 3 days thereafter, the public shall immediately be notified to allow candidates to campaign and officially submit their intent to run.
(5) A special election shall consist of a 72 hour nomination period and 24 hour voting period.
(6) Whichever candidate reached a plurality shall fill the vacancy.
(7) In the event of a tie, Congress shall choose between the highest voted candidates that tied.
(8) There shall not be a caretaker mode when a special election occurs.
(9) The results of a special election will become the most recent election from where another 14 day period will commence.

This bill should have never made it to my desk, it did not satisfy the requirement of a supermajority in both chambers. It failed to reach a supermajority in the house of representatives. A supermajority is defined as 2/3rds majority in the constitution. Seeing as there are 11 members of the House of Representatives, a supermajority would be 7 ayes - not 6. I cannot assent to this bill and technically I cannot veto it either. This bill was rejected by the house.

Back