tair0
constructor
House Vote: 8-1-0
Senate Vote: 5-0-0

A
BILL
TO
Revamp Regulation Enforcement

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV Regulation Enforcement Act”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Vice President LilDigiVert & Rep. tair0
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Muffins29

2 - Reasons

If you need me, you can call me, I stay busy makin' money
You know what is on my mind, all I think about is hunnids
I stay busy workin' on me
I stay busy with my business, homie
I already hit her up when you left her lonely
We are not the type that like to take things slowly
Slowly, my mouth is goin' off, I don't know patience
I got a chance then my homies got it too like it's contagious
I see the future when I get wavy
But I couldn't picture bein' Aventura when I would buy the things and save it for the right occasion
I couldn't picture changes
When I was with Ms. Creighton, that lady hates me
Couldn't picture wifin' Braden when I was pumpin' gas on road trips to go from Cincinnati on to Dayton
I couldn't gauge it

3 - Reasons

1. Recently, nefarious plot owners have circumvented existing regulation. This bill closes the loophole where people with evictions sell to the government (draining the government balance).
  2. With the recent uptick in what is definitionally a scam, this bill prohibits individuals from putting plots on the resell market and auctioning plots with eviction reports entirely. The rationale is that people far too often buy available plots on the market without being informed that there is an active report on the property. The onus should be on the seller, not the customer.
4 - Regulation Evasion

1. When a plot has been reported for eviction, the report will remain extant until it is resolved or evicted. Transferring ownership of the plot in question will not have a bearing on the date of eviction, unless otherwise provided by the relevant Department.
  2. If plot ownership is transferred while there is an active eviction report on the plot, the original owner has a duty to disclose the report to the buyer or recipient of the plot. Failure to do so will result in the original owner being guilty of failure to disclose.
  3. The original plot owner is prohibited from selling or auctioning the property using /as resell without informing the purchasing individual of the active eviction report first. The original plot owner is entirely prohibited from selling or auctioning the property using /as sell (back to the government), and DCBids while there is an active eviction report on the plot. Failure to do so will result in the original owner being guilty of illegal property transfer.

5 - Duty of Disclosure

Failure of a party to provide the other parties with all legally required information and or documents which are relevant to a property.

Per Offense: Cost of damages incurred by the recipient as a result of the failure to disclose.
(a) A plea of ignorance to a report is not an admissible defense to failure to disclose.

6 - Illegal Property Transfers

Failure of a party to properly transfer ownership of a plot with an active eviction report.

Per Offense: Fine by the DCT equivalent to 5% of the plot sale price.

6 - Existing Law
  1. Repeals the existing Regulation Enforcement Act.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

Back