oviy4n
attorney
A
BILL
TO
Amend the Constitution & Legislative Standards Act

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV LSA Modernization Amendment”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Sen. LilDigiVert & Rep. Tekkovvs
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. LilDigiVert

2 - Reasons

Pablo bought a Rolie and a rottweiler
Seem like the more fame, I only got wilder
Hands up, we just doing what the cops taught us
Hands up, we just doing what the cops taught us
I've been outta my mind a long time
I've been outta my mind a long time
I be saying how I feel at the wrong time
Might not come when you want but I'm on time
Ayy, ya heard about the good news?
Y'all sleeping on me, huh? Had a good snooze?
Wake up, homie, wake up
We 'bout to get this paper
I can’t let these people play me
Name one genius that ain't crazy

3 – Terms

Replace:

(2) Motion of No Confidence
a. Prior to voting on a motion of no confidence, the office holder in question is required to submit a reply to the motion against them which will be posted with the vote. Where 12 hours passes without a response, the Speaker will announce the motion without a reply.
b. This should not be taken lightly, as it destabilises the Government and has significant wider impacts.
- Where the speaker is ousted they resume the role of Representative; a new speaker is then elected.

(6) Motion of Censure
a. A motion of censure can be moved by any representative against anyone. It carries no punishment, however publicly condemns someone's actions. (e.g. The Representative broke the law on or off congressional duties; missed a vote without a reasonable excuse; and or didn't follow parliamentary process etc.).

(7) Motion of Replacement
b. When a Representative resigns or is removed from office, they will be replaced in accordance with the process outlined in the Constitution.

With:

a. Prior to voting on a motion of no confidence, the office holder in question is required to submit a reply to the motion against them which will be posted with the vote. Where 12 hours passes without a response, the Presiding Officer will announce the motion without a reply.
b. This should not be taken lightly, as it destabilises the Government and has significant wider impacts.
- Where the Presiding Officer is ousted they resume the role of Representative; a new Presiding Officer is then elected.

(6) Motion of Censure
a. A motion of censure can be moved by any Representative or Senator against anyone. It carries no punishment, however publicly condemns someone's actions. (e.g. The Representative broke the law on or off congressional duties; missed a vote without a reasonable excuse; and or didn't follow parliamentary process etc.).

(7) Motion of Replacement
b. When a Representative or Senator resigns or is removed from office, they will be replaced in accordance with the process outlined in the Constitution.

Veto

This bill has been vetoed for the following reason:
"- Where the Presiding Officer is ousted they resume the role of Representative; a new Presiding Officer is then elected."

This would effectively mean that if the President Pro Tempore were ousted, they would become a Representative. If proposed again, please amend this to say that the Presiding Officer with whom is ousted will then resume the role of their respective chamber.

Back