Lawsuit: Adjourned Ko531 v. The Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What was your response to Dart's concern?
I'll write a piece of legislation to fix the issue.

2. Did you take any action to fix the problem?
No

3. Why wasn't the problem fix within the 4 months you were senator?
I'm human and forgot. Dart also didn't follow it up.

Objection overruled. This is focusing on whether the Commonwealth made an effort to correct the mistake the Plaintiff is arguing. xEndeavour may not be a Representative however they can still write a bill and provide it to a Representative.

No further questions Your Honor

Alright, the Defense can cross examine both Dartanman and xEndeavour. Please post questions or declare you have none within 72 hours.

Your Honor,

May I request a 24 hour extension to my time. Its holiday here in america and Ive been with family and away from my computer with all my notes on it. I just found out I wont get back to my computer until tommarow afternoon.

Thank you,
Your Honor.

Extension granted you have until 1:35 PM PST tomorrow to provide an opening statement.

Extension granted you have until 1:35 PM PST tomorrow to provide an opening statement.
Sorry your Honor,
Just to clarify, you mean to post my cross examination questions correct?
Thank you,
Your Honor.

XEndevour:

During the time that dart brought the criminal code to your attention, were you a senator or representative?

Are representstives or senators in charge of proposing legislation and changes thereof.

why was the murder plugin put into place?

Why is murder a summary offense and not an indictable offense

Dartanman:

Why did you not bring the problems you saw in the criminal code up with house of represntatives?

Why is murder a summary offense and not an indictable offense?

1. I did.

2. I don't know.

During the time that dart brought the criminal code to your attention, were you a senator or representative?
Senator

Are representstives or senators in charge of proposing legislation and changes thereof.
Representatives propose legislation. Anyone is able to write to their representative and have a bill proposed.

why was the murder plugin put into place?
I don't know, you'll have to ask staff.

Why is murder a summary offense and not an indictable offense
So that they can charge people on the spot.

I have no more questions your Honor.

Alright, with that being all the Witnesses we will move onto Closing Statements. The Plaintiff has 72 hours to provide theirs.

This is an open and close case. At the end of the day there was a problem with one word in the law. The Commonwealth knew of this problem that was harming citizens and did nothing to fix it until it was too late. The AG told a Senator and Representative to fix this problem months ago with no avail. It is sickening that the Commonwealth allowed the DOJ to act outside the law and be their own judge jury and executioner when at the time these crimes had to be proven in court.

There are 2 arguements that the Defense may use against my claims and I am going to prove why they are false.

1. The bill was a complex change because it changed the DOJ plugin and needed owner approval
This is wrong because back when this bill was signed there were no auto arrests yet. The only thing the plugin did was let people do /complaint when murdered which would put a wanted point on the murderer and tell the police that a murder has occurded. They should have taken this information and given it to the DLA. Even if we say that this was infact a complex change and rescind the bill for being non law then murder would just not be a crime as that is the only bill making murder a crime. This would make the arrests even worse since the DOJ would be arresting citizens for no crimes.

2. The Punishment was Imposed before the Trial
According to the Standardized Criminal Code Act punishment can be Imposed before the trial if there is a continued threat to player safety. The DOJ never arrested anyone for this reason. They have made thousands of arrests for murder in the 9 months murder was a Indictable Crime and not one person was taken to court for murder. So many of these murder charges can no longer be tried since it has been past 4 months and statute of limitations would prevent it. According to that same act if someone is arrested prior to trial and is found not guilty then they should be awarded $50 per minute in prison and not the $10 I am requesting. This would just be an after the fact justification to try and explain their wrong doings.

The Constitution states that the DOJ has the power to "Maintaining the peace and good order of the server, through lawfully exercising its power equally to enforce the laws of the Commonwealth of Redmont." The DOJ must abide by the law when maintaing the peace and by arresting people for an indictable offense they were acting unlawfully. Deparments and the Commonwealth need to abide by the law as well as citizens otherwise the faith held in the law is broken. The Commonwealth knew there was a problem with the law and did nothing to fix it. They made their bed and they must now lie in it.

If you do not find in favor of I the plaintiff then you will be setting a precedent that the Commonwealth is above the law. The Commonwealth can willingly ignore problems in the law and in turn harm citizen without any punishments and I must ask the courts today. Is that the Precedent you want to be setting?

Thank you, the Defendant has 72 hours to provide their Closing Statement.

Your Honor,

May I have an extension for my closing statements due to irl conflicts.

Thank you,
Your Honor

You may have a 24 hour extension. The new deadline with this added is tomorrow at 1 PM PST.

Your Honor,
I appologize,
I very very rarely ask for a second extension but due to my attention being split between studying, work, and other personal matters I was not able to complete my closing statements in time. May I request another 24 hours. I promise you they will be done this time.
I appolgize again
Your Honor.

Extension granted this is the last extension that will be granted. You have until Monday at 1pm PST to post your Closing Statement.

Your Honor,
Opposing counsel.
First off thank you both for your patience during this busy and difficult time of the year.

I implore the court to consider a few facts. The idea of charging every murder is unfeasible and ridiculous. Thats why they put the auto arrest plug in in place. to make an unmanageable system manageable. the error that the plaintiff speaks of was simply a mistake made when copying over the original law. The intent of the law was never to be an indictable offense as shown by the most recent amendment, the murder quick fix act where it claims that "Murder has mistakenly been classified as an indictable offence, it should be a summary offence." there are correct avenues put in place to acknowledge out of date and erroneous bills such as the discord support channel. This copy and pasting error should not fall on the hands of the common wealth. I ask the court to recognize these solutions before setting precedent on the matter. I also ask the court to recognize the consequences for awarding the plaintiff with their requested relief. In doing so will flood the courts with every single murder charge that has ever been actioned.
Thank you,
Your Honor.

Thank you. We will now be in recess pending a verdict.

Verdict

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

ko531 v. Commonwealth of Redmont [2023] FCR 97

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Commonwealth can only arrest someone for murder via a lawsuit given the law stated Indictable offense.
2. All murder arrests against the Plaintiff are illegal given this fact.
3. The Commonwealth knew of the change and failed to amend the law to fix the error.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. It is not feasible for the Commonwealth to prosecute for every murder committed.
2. The intended method was meant to be summary and was simply an error when changing laws.
3. A Senator is unable to to get the issue amended and fixed due to the proposal needing done by a Representative.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. The definition at the time of the lawsuit being published was "Indictable" and not Summary thus all murders that were arrested as summary technically an illegal arrest.
2. Despite the method not being feasible it is still the method that was listed within the law and thus is the way that the murder charges should be done through.
3. There is a bill that was proposed and passed after the the filing of this lawsuit which did amend the law from Indictable to Summary which means all arrests after the passing of the bill can be arrested via the auto plugin.
4. Although a Senator is unable to propose an amendment to fix the issue they can write an amendment and send it to a Representative to have it proposed. This is not unusual and highly common from President's, Senators, Secretaries, etc.

IV. DECISION
1. I hereby find in favor of the Plaintiff and order the Department of Justice to expunge all crimes pertaining to murder from ko531's criminal record after the passing of the Violent Offenses Amendment Act. I also order the Department of Justice to refund all fines and compensate for all jail time served after July 6th, 2023 at $50 per minute in accordance with the Standardized Criminal Code Act.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

In accordance with Appeal FCR 97. The Verdict will be adjusted slightly to comply with the acceptance of the Appeal.

For starters, all fines dating back to the signing of the Violent Offenses Act. Along with all jail time served will be compensated at the $50 rate going back to the same date.

The reasoning given for the original time was that, I had asked the Chief Justice during Summary Judgement about whether I could grant relief dating back during Statue of Limitations or back until the signage of the bill. I was told Statue. The reasoning for the expungement going longer is, Expungements are a way to remove your Criminal Record past Statue of Limitations which is also a power awarded to the Federal Court and can be Presided over by Federal Court or Supreme Court.

Acceptance Message of the Appeal for both sides to read should they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back