CIVIL ACTION

itsBlazeX
Plaintiff

V.

Department of the Interior
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On September 9th, 2023, I submitted an application to the Department of the Interior(DOI) as a Ranger (Evidence A). I love animals, so I was excited for the chance to be a Ranger! 11 days later, I was asked to expand my application. I was able to go into more detail and edit my application. I also notified the DOI that I updated my application the same day I was asked to edit it. I have not heard a response since. Now a month has gone by since I initially submitted my application, and a decision has not been made on my application.

I. PARTIES
1. itsBlazeX (Plaintiff)
2. Department of the Interior (Defendant)

II. FACTS
1. On September 9th, 2023, itsBlazeX submitted a Ranger application.
2. On September 20th, 2023, Quazy responded to itsBlazeX's application asking for him to expand it.
3. Within an hour of being asked, itsBlazeX updated his application, and notified the DOI that they had done so.
4. As of the filing of this lawsuit, no decision has been made on itsBlazeX’s application.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The Text Me Back Act (Evidence B) states “Executive Departments are required to provide a final decision on any new employment applications within a period of 14 days. If a Department fails to provide an acceptance or a denial within the specified time frame, they are obligated to compensate the applicant with a late fee of $100 for each day that passes beyond the initial 14-day period. The cumulative late fees owed by a Department cannot exceed a total of $2,000.” As of this filing, it has been 32 days since itsBlazeX submitted their application. As late fees cannot exceed $2,000, itsBlazeX is owed $2,000.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
1. $2,000 in late fees

V. EVIDENCE

Evidence A
https://www.democracycraft.net/threads/blazex-ranger-application.18478/

Evidence B

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 11th day of October 2023

district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

The Commonwealth of Redmont is required to appear before the District Court in the case of itsBlazeX v. Department of the Interior.

Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
ANSWER TO COMPLAINT

itsBlazeX
Prosecution

v.

Department of the Interior
Defendant

I. ANSWER TO COMPLAINT
1. The defense affirms the facts provided by the prosecution.
2. The defense would like to assert that the Text Me Back Act was signed into law on September 26th.

II. DEFENCES
1. Due to ex post facto, the response time should begin from the 26th of September. This allows the Department of Interior to have until October 10th, 2023 to respond to the application. That means, as of the date this case was filed by the prosecution, the Department was only one day delinquent.
2. Given this, the defense owes the plaintiff only $100 in late fees.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 14th day of October 2023

Thank you. We will now move onto opening statements, the plaintiff has 48 hours to present theirs.

OPENING STATEMENT
May it please the court,
Your honor, this is a case based simply on one thing. The Plaintiff is entitled to compensation for the extremely delayed response from the Department of the Interior. The defense states that “the response time should begin from the 26th of September.” This is not true. Because the Text Me Back Act was signed into law after the Plaintiff filed their application, the application was grandfathered in, and the Application Time Bill would apply to it instead. The act states “Departments must give an update on a new application's status within 7 days. Not necessarily an accept or deny, it could be an update that the department is currently reviewing the application. The department must pay a late fee of $100 to the applicant for each day after the week has passed without an update.” Because the Plaintiff’s application was not acknowledged until September 20th, 11 days after the application was filed, the Plaintiff is owed 4 days in late fees, which equates to $400. 35 days passed from the time the Plaintiff initially applied (September 9th, 2023), from the time their application was accepted. As per the Application Time Bill, “There must be a final decision made within 3 weeks of the application's posting, and another $100 fee/day if not done so. A grand total of no more than $2000 can be owed in fees.” As the application was not accepted until 35 days after it was applied, 14 days later than the 21 day deadline, the Plaintiff is entitled to an additional $1,400 in late fees.

Given the logic above, the Application Time Bill still applies to this application. In addition, the Department of the Interior’s response was in total, 18 days tardy. As the Application Time Bill states late fees should be paid as $100 per day late, the Plaintiff is owed a grand total of $1,800 in late fees. Thank you.

The defense may now present their opening statement.

The defense may now present their opening statement.
The Commonwealth will stand by the plaintiff's opening argument and agrees to compensate the plaintiff $1,800.

Are the plaintiff and Commonwealth settling?

I believe so your honor.

For final confirmation, do both the plaintiff and defendant agree to the settlement of the Commonwealth compensating the plaintiff $1,800?

Yes, your honor.

Yes, your honor

Okay, thank you.

This case is hereby dismissed with prejudice following the settlement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back