CIVIL ACTION

Goat767
Plaintiff

v.

FrankTabasco
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:
FrankTabasco created an advert in chat stating that i was untrustworthy and shouldn't be hired by anyone for any jobs. this has therefore caused people to choose others to complete jobs for them and damaged my reputation (slander). This was not a truthful statement and was stated unfairly, causing me to lose paying employers, therefore sums of money. out of spite of the situation the defendant stalked the plaintiff and murdered him, damaging the plaintiffs tools and armour.

WRITTEN STATEMENT FROM THE PLAINTIFF

I. PARTIES
1 Goat767(plaintiff)
2. FrankTabasco (defendant)

II. FACTS
1. Goat767 was hired by the defendant to complete a job,
2. The defendant went offline and came back an hour later to find the job was not yet done, we never agreed a time limit after all so i could not have expected him to be annoyed the job had not yet been finished,
3. I told him i would finish the job as soon as possible but he told me to keep and the money and swore at the plaintiff also telling me he didnt want me to finish the job
4. since the plaintiff had not been allowed to finish the job he carried on with his activities since the contract had terminated, the plaintiff however discovered the defendant had been speaking badly about the plaintiff and advising others not to employ the plaintiff
5. The defendant later decided to follow the defendant around, eventually murdering the plaintiff.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The defendant has broken the law regarding slander since the defendant has made a statement damaging my reputation

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $200 for the statement itself and money the plaintiff has lost from being deprived of employers due to the statement.
2. $100 for equipment and tools damaged due to the murder

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: 15/02/2022

Attachments

• slander.png
    slander.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
district-court-png.12083

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@franktabasco is required to appear before the court in the case of the Goat767 V. FrankTabasco. Failure to appear within 48 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Hello.

This is my side of the story. I have not screenshoted anything as I offered full trust for the person acusing me.

The job infact two jobs, only one is relevant to the case, but I will tell the full story.
I was just moved in to f-20 willow and I wanted to level a land. I agreed with Goat for a 750$ job (including my help).
The job went ok, nothing to complain. I payed him at the end. This can be checked via logs and transactions.

The second job was, at the ground level, to change stone to dirt. The payment was of 150$. Payed in advance.
Should have been a 30 minutes tops job, but we did not agree on a time, even if he said he will start working.
I went offline for a bit, came back, he was afking on my plot. Went offline, came back, he was missing. Went offline, came back, he was on, but NOT working on my plot but rather attenting something else.

When I asked him about the job, he said something and what I remember specifically is that he said "anyway most of it it is done".

In reality, when the job started, between 30 and 40% of the surface needed change. When he said that he did most of it, it was less then half of what needed to be change, digged and half of that changed to dirt. I'd say about 25% job done.
Then I started to confrunt him. I admit, I told him some swear words (but in private). After I told him that it's not true, he just said (not exact words) "don't worry I was LMAO" (laughing my **s off) which in this context I could not understand why.

1. I kept my promise on the first job and payed him 750$ for, lets face it, It was overpriced but I needed the job done. So, I kept my word.
2. On second job I started to trust him, payed in advance , but he was not in a good will regarding my job. Not acting like a professional , I quote "LMAO" .

Yes, I did kill him. But not for that, but for the fact that he had a toxic behaviour by not letting me reply messages and blocking me, which, of course, he has the right to do.

I was just arrested now, and got listed 3 or 4 murders of him as charges, which is not true. I only killed him once.

I admit to write the message on the /ad - but it says clearly "DO NOT PAY HIM IN ADVANCE" . I never said DO NOT EMPLOY THIS PERSON.

It was based on the facts and on the interaction with me.

I will do the time in jail for his murder, but I do not agree that I should pay him anything.

I can say the same, that If I would have had the land done, I would have become a millionaire and he got in the way. Which is ilogic for me to say, exactly how his statement is ilogic that he missed a few jobs because of my chat statement.

If he can make proof that he got jobs constantly and he stoped receiving job requests after my post, I can understand.

This is the whole truth as I know it as it happened to me. I can not support my affirmations with evidence as I do not have access to logs, but I'm sure staff can lookup with some sort of inspection on my land and see how many blocks he placed on the current level and the whole conversation.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 00.06.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 00.06.33.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 86
Thank you for your fast reply. we will now move on to opening statements. The Plaintiff has 48 hours to present their opening statement followed by the defendant who will also have 48 hours.

OPENING STATEMENT

Firstly, he did of course commit the crime I have stated above(slander) and the discussion that will be discussed in this lawsuit revolves around the issues above not the words he claims I stated (lmao) I chose to /ignore the plaintiff because of his offensive, innapropriate language towards myself and that is of course, within my rights, I have been employed to complete jobs before and I have more recently been taken into consideration or denied jobs, this is caused by the statement "be careful with Goat767, never pay him in advance" even though this isn't directly saying" do not employ him" surely you can see why some may think that does. Unfortunately it is an issue regarding department of justice that you were accused of murdering me more times than perhaps you did however you did still murder me, damaging my equipment and causing me to lose out on quality of assets I have purchased. Therefore depriving me of money since I then need to repair or replace it. I do not believe I stated "lmao" however I could be wrong since this was somewhat 3 days ago and even if I did I don't believe this links to the purpose of the court case. The reason I have initiated this court case is to compensate for the damage to my reputation and assets. The defendant also agrees he did say this and it is therefore true, and clearly slander.
Thank you

Thank you to the Plaintiff for their opening statement, the Defendant now has 48 hours to present their opening statement.

Your Honor, I have not much to say and is my last thing that I say.

Goat767 made the second job with less professionalism. Untentional or not, I just dismissed him from the job and just told people not to pay in advance. That was it. If this is an illegal action, please take the required punishment.

He is overexagerating and dramatizing to make it look like he was faulted. Not too many people were online at that hour and we all know people don't count on that messages and forget all random stuff from the main channel.

If you ask a member of the stuff for the conversation from the logs, you will see that everything I told you about is true and that he treated the second job with lack of interest because he was payed in advance, he never had a "sorry" attitude and just settled for the money.

While he asks for money now, he did remain with 150$ for a job that he only did 1/4 .

Thank you!

Thank you to both parties for their opening statements. We will now move to witnesses. Both parties have 24 hours to list all of their witnesses or tell the court that they have none.

I have donated all my money from my balance and all my things to a nice person on the server, earlier on today.

I wish to hear no more from Goat767.

Your honour, I do not have any witnesses to call

Last edited:
Unfortunately franktabasco, that’s not how that works and we still need to finish this case. If you do not wish to complete this case, you have 2 options. Plead guilty or get a lawyer. I recommend getting a free public defender from the RBA.

Assuming you have no witnesses, we will move on to closing statements. The Plaintiff has 48 hours from now to prevent their closing statement.

Alright we will continue with closing statements. After the Plaintiff gives his closing statement, the Defendant is expected to give his closing statement, or get a lawyer. If not he will be charged with contempt of court.

CLOSING STATEMENT

1. as I have stated before, the defendant stated a message as an advert which not only affected my reputation, but also abused the add function to do so. Since it was an advert, this attracted more attention than it should needed to even though this comment was already damaging to my reputation, and potential jobs. Since slander is a law in this game and the evidence you can view above clearly is in Violation of the slander law, the defendant should have to pay a sum of money(as suggested by the law) regardless of if it made a large impact or not even though it did.

2. Murdering a player is a commonly broken law which not only prevents the victim from carrying out the job or action they were doing previous to the murder but also damages weaponry and armour+ Shields that the victim may have had to purchase with legitimately earned money The defendant has effected me in the ways above and this did of course happen to me . Also, the defendant tried to murder me previous to the day you successfully did but before I carried out your job you had never attempted to murder me before, this leads me to believe it is relevant to the events that happened just before this.
Since the defendant has committed both these crimes, I believe he is in Violation of the law and you can see that law along with the suggested punishments.

FrankTabasco, you have 48 hours to provide your closing statement or tell me that you will not provide one. If you tell me before the 48 hours is up that you do not wish to provide a closing statement, you will not be charged with contempt of court. However if you do not post anything within 48 hours you will be charged with contempt of court.

My only statement is that I hope you probate the things I say to see what type of person is Goat767.

I have played for a while and there are 3 players which I gave my things to and started over. I do not hurt anyone, I do not make scandals, mostly I build, farm and speak rarely in general chat.

I have not been a greedy player. Once in a while, as I said, I give my things away and I never intended to hurt Goat767.

I have my freedom of speech: it was only about not paying him in advance. What he says is a misery and a total invention just because I had the courage to call him out for what he is.

I have no further statements.

Thank you!

Thank you for your closing statement. This court will now go into recess and a verdict will be posted soon.

Verdict

IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
VERDICT

Goat767 v. FrankTabasco [2022] DCR 7

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The Plaintiff was hired by the Defendant to complete a job, and no time limit was decided on.
2.The Defendant went offline for a little bit, and got back online to see that the job was not yet complete.
3. The Defendant then posted an ad in chat saying that no one should hire or trust the Plaintiff.
4. This ad hurt the Plaintiff's reputation and future business.
5. Furthermore the Defendant also murdered the Plaintiff causing damages to his equipment.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. The Defendant hired the Plaintiff for $150, and paid in advance.
2. While no time limit was agreed upon, the job was small and should have taken no more than 30 minutes.
3. After a long period of time, the Plaintiff hadn't completed the job, and while he was frequently on the server, he was never doing work relating to the job that he was hired for.
4. The Defendant then warned a few other people by advertising in chat to not pay the Plaintiff in advance.
5. Lastly the Defendant admits to murdering the Plaintiff, but was already jailed for that and faced punishment.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. As both parties have stated, there was no time limit on the job, however the job should have been completed in a reasonable amount of time.
2. Slander is defined as "A purposeful false statement of a player to cause damage to that player's reputation."
3. What the defendant said was not a false statement, but instead a warning to other players because he didn't want other players to pay the Plaintiff, and have their job not be finished.
4. Players are entitled to their opinions, and have the right to share them with others. The defendant's ad, although not an ad, had no false statement about the Plaintiff.
5. Lastly murder is something that the OAG deals with, but damages to armor caused by murder is something that can be sued for in a civil case.
6. It is the Plaintiff's responsibility to pass the burden of proof, however the Plaintiff has submitted no proof that there were any damages caused by the murder.

IV. DECISION
1. This court hereby rules in favor of the Defendant.

The District Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back