Information Expressions of Interest - Court Clerk

Courts

Citizen
court_banner_redmont_01-1-png.12911

In accordance with the passage of the Offices of the Court Act, this is an application forum for those interested in working as a Court Clerk.

JOB INFORMATION

Court Clerks are administrative figures in the Court of the Commonwealth of Redmont. The job of a Court Clerk is to assist in the duties of judicial officials by:
  • Taking thorough notes for in-game trials as an acting stenographer
  • Searching precedents in previous cases to assist in a presiding Judge's decision
  • Assisting in the organization of cases, such as, but not limited to, adjusting thread titles to add case numbers.
Court Clerks are expected to maintain integrity and independence, and to perform‌ ‌the‌ ‌duties‌ ‌of‌ ‌the‌ ‌office‌ ‌fairly,‌ ‌impartially,‌ ‌and‌ ‌diligently.‌

APPLICATION FORMAT

Reply to this thread with the following:

- Username:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?:
- Are you able to voice chat?:
- Why do you want this position?:
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain:
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC?
- Additional Information:

Your expression of interest will then be reviewed by the Supreme Court on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Username: LemonAuthent
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: Honest , Kind, Professional, responsible, Hardworking, Active,Constantly active on discord, organized, Might stay up late, not able to be ingame during the week days as much s in weekend, Competitive, self critisim.
- Are you able to voice chat?: Only when necessary and in a quiet environment.
- Why do you want this position?: I want this position so I can make a change and make sure that they judicial system runs smoothly and effectively. I’m also Available to Pass the Attorney Exam Again to Return to the legal field. I’ve been a attorney in the past but I didn’t have the means to continue so I left to become a doctor and now I bel I’m ready to-come back with more passion and ready to put much effort if I do get selected.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes I am able to effective work with a team as an education manager I have to constantly communicate with a team effectively or the assignment would be ruined.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC? I am a 3x attorney. But I don’t have a lot of experience in cases but I’ve studied the judicial system for multiple years And I don’t think this would effective my skills.
- Additional Information: Thank you for reading my EOI and I hope I can work with the judicial team soon.

Last edited:
- Username:
Dr_Eksplosive
Professional, Organized, Active (On Discord mostly), Responsible,
Not too active ingame (especially on weekdays), GMT +8 (Probably not online when you are)
- Are you able to voice chat?:
Yes as long as I am within my household.
I had a great time as the DLA Clerk for a while, and enjoy working in the legal field - thus this seems like a great opportunity to further explore the judicial system of Redmont.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain:
Yes - during my tenure as DLA Clerk, my job involved noting down case deadlines and recorded news ones. This meant I had to notify the AG/SG and Prosecutors on a regular basis to ensure they did not miss deadlines. Therefore, constant communication was key to ensure the smooth functioning of the DLA.
Former DLA Clerk, Private Secretary at Redmont Law Firm, Qualified Attorney. Haven't practiced in too many cases, but have helped a lot of cases from the sidelines.
- Additional Information:
Look forward to being able to work with the DOJ!

- Username: Dodrio3
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: Organised, Hardworking, Responsible,
- Are you able to voice chat?: Yes
- Why do you want this position?:To further Expand my experience in all sides of the legal field and to help the courts run efficiently and effectively
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: I am able to communicate well in a team I work with a group of lawyers on many occasions. Such as a group that oversaw the prosecution of the impeachment to check for any weakness in the defence arguments. I also work among Fox star enterprises as thier CLO and a partner with the lovely Law Firm.
I am a partner for Lovley Law have worked on many big cases such as Discover Bank vs Commonwealth. And I am working on Anthony Vs Commonwealth and others. I was responsible for the rolling out of the false murder program at lovely.
- Additional Information: Looking forward to getting courts back on track

- Username: gracie_eggs (Minecraft), gracieggs (Discord).
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?: I'm very active in-game and on-Discord and am able to get things done in a time efficient manner. My personal weakness is that I ask a lot of questions. Talk to any of my bosses, you give me a task and I'm going to get real specific in the, "At this length of time or at this one... Where do I do this," line of questioning.
- Are you able to voice chat?: Yes.
- Why do you want this position?: I enjoy what I do at firms, though I would like to broaden the scope of my duties and abilities.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Of course! In my current roles I have become accustomed to keeping track of cases and kindly reminding lawyers of what needs to be done. Communicating with members of varying teams is required and I'm not shy about it, in or outside said role.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC? I've worked as Law Clerk at Lovely Law since late November and at Dragon Law since early this month.
- Additional Information: My job is to follow and keep cases organized in the ways mentioned; I feel as though I am very suited to this role in terms of required duties.

- Username: xtub12345
Strengths: Activity on Discord, Legal Experience, Constant watching of the court forums
Weaknesses: Procrastination, In-game Activity, Possible COI
- Are you able to voice chat?: Yes, I have and I will.
- Why do you want this position?: I want this position because it's something I good at, but yet it's still also a position in which I can learn. It's something I can do effectively and yet I can still improve, but not to a point in which my early performance negatively affecting the courts. I feel like it's my next step in the judiciary, I've been PD and this is something that can get me even more experience with the judiciary.
- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: Yes I am, especially the judiciary. I have worked with a majority of them on a personal level and I have also talked with them on a professional level, whether it be in the court room or in the Judiciary Discord Server. I have also learned how to communicate properly with a team throughout my various corporate endeavors on the server.
- What kind of legal experience do you have on DC?: I have been a Clerk, Prosecutor, RBI Investigator with the DLA and I am currently a Public Defender with the courts.
- Additional Information: As there is a possible COI with me being a public defender, if this EOI ends up being chosen I will try to work out the best solution possible, and if that means resigning from the post so be it.

- Username: Vroomba

Excellent communicator & professional language
Rigorous researcher
Terrific teamworker
Can take and apply active feedback

Sometimes, deadlines seem fake to me.
May not be able to attend in-game trials
Competitive over getting things done right
Picky about details

- Are you able to voice chat?: Yes

I am currently a DCT employee but am seeking also a change of pace. I've begun my legal experience on Redmont by commencing to pass the solicitor exam. I will be passing the other exams shortly. I don't participate in politics, to begin with and prefer to observe the political scene. This fits into the role of a judge almost, though I would not compare myself to such a position. I will maintain an impartial bias with all matters in the courts. With this new position, I will strive to learn all that I can and as fast as possible.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team? Explain: I am a Mechanical Engineer in my real-life job where working effectively in a team is crucial to success. Each engineer needs to contribute a significant piece to the project, or there will be no project. My team always delivers results and progress no matter the task.

Only legal experience from taking the exams, and observing / reading through thoroughly cases on the forums. On a different server, I sued a player for trespassing and according to the presiding judge, it was an "impressively well written" case that paid attention to complex yet small details that made all the difference.

- Additional Information: I am looking forward to the next steps of this application.

- Username: Pciv

Determined, active, kind, respectful, focused

Recently lost discord due to some irl issues with it. (I am still very fast to respond to any msgs I get on forums from convos, I believe this is a important part that discord is needed but I think slowly everyone can adapt to forums)

Can have a bit of a ego but I can maintain it when needed.

- Are you able to voice chat?: as mentioned above

- Why do you want this position?: i want this position so that it can help me with gaining experience in the legal side of dc and get an understand of all laws that I might of not known and learn from people who have more experience than me.

- Are you able to effectively communicate with a team?
im a student in my final 2 years of high school where my school requires most of my assignments to be done in teams which have more than 5–8 people and I’ve shown in real life and in dc that I have leadership skills and traits.

i only have legal experience from taking the legal exams and reading thru cases on forums.

- Additional Information: I am looking forward to the next steps at working in The courts.

(If my EOI gets accepted please open a convo on forums with me)

Back