Supporter
oviy4n
oviy4n
attorney
A

BILL

To

define the criminal act of bribery.

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the "Diamond Standard Act”.
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Amendment was cosponsored by Representative Krix and Senator LilDigiVert

2 - Purpose
  1. The purpose of this bill is to create a definition of bribery.

3 - Definition
  1. Bribery: the act of offering goods with a utilitarian value in exchange for political favours.

I was told by Hugebob that bribery is already illegal when I tried passing the Palpatine Act

Why do we need a bill to simply define bribery? I believe this should be contained in the same law outlawing such.

Veto

I hereby veto this bill based on the following reasons:
The term “goods” is not defined and could be interpreted as merely items. Meaning, bribing people with money would still be legal. Although I appreciate the concept of this bill and what it stands for, I would prefer that it be more in depth if re-proposed.

This also only defines bribery for political favors, I believe that’s too specific when bribery can be implemented in numerous other cases.

Back