Willow Resident
xEndeavour
xEndeavour
constructor
A
BILL
To

Amend Corruption from a rule to a law.

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Corruption Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.

2 - Reasons
Should be a law rather than a rule.

3 - Terms
Subsection a. changes to Subsection b.

a. 5.9 - Corruption
To use a government position, elected or otherwise, to benefit one's private interests or corporate ventures. By applying for a position or being elected into a position in government, the player agrees to serve the server over themselves.
Per Offence: Courts may order up to $5000 in fines + Removal from public office for a period no longer than 2 months.

b. 5.9 - Corruption
To use a government position, elected or otherwise, to benefit one's private interests or corporate ventures. By applying for a position or being elected into a position in government, the player agrees to serve the server over themselves.
Per Offence: Courts may order up to $5000 in fines + Removal from public office for a period no longer than 2 months.

Corruption has then been amended again from LDV Pugbandit Corruption Revision Act
To use a government position to act to give some advantage inconsistent with official duty and the rights of others to unfairly benefit oneself, or someone else. By applying, being appointed to, or being elected into a position in government, the player agrees to serve the server over themselves.
Per Offence: Courts may order up to $25,000 in fines + the seizure of property, items, and any such monetary gain relating to acts of corruption + Removal from public office for a period no longer than 2 months.

Last edited by a moderator:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

A
BILL
TO

Combat Corruption and Amend the Corruption Act

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:
1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV Pugbandit Corruption Revision Act”.​
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.​
  3. This Act was authored by Senator Pugbandit, and President LilDigiVert (inspiration from LordBen2466)​
  4. This bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Pugbandit​

2 - Reasons
  1. This bill increases the penalty associated with corruption and adds a mechanism to guarantee that ill-gained assets are returned to the appropriate actor.​
  2. Any advantage that is inconsistent with official duty and is unfairly advantaging someone should count as corruption even if it is helping a friend rather than yourself. The court has previously said: “The law on corruption clearly prohibits an individual from using their government position to benefit their own private or corporate interests.” – this must be changed to consider that doing activities that do not serve the people of Redmont must be regarded as corrupt even if they are helping their friends and not themselves.​
  3. Corruption is upon the same level as Electoral Fraud which has a fine of up to $25,000 and some corrupt crimes can be so egregious that they require such high fines (dependent on the court’s views).​
  4. An official could be alleged to do an activity that benefits themselves and therefore could be seen as corruption even if that activity benefits numerous people and their performing of that activity is a part of their job. A policy that may benefit the server, even if it also benefits yourself, should not count as corrupt. The issue lies where such an action is not consistent with the official’s job or duties.​
3 - Amending the Corruption Act

(1) Replace law 16.1 - Corruption:

With:
To use a government position to act to give some advantage inconsistent with official duty and the rights of others to unfairly benefit oneself, or someone else. By applying, being appointed to, or being elected into a position in government, the player agrees to serve the server over themselves.
Per Offence: Courts may order up to $25,000 in fines + the seizure of property, items, and any such monetary gain relating to acts of corruption + Removal from public office for a period no longer than 2 months.

Forget a pigeonhole, I'm a night owl, this a different mode
I might have to make her paint AV on her pinky toe
Heard you with a shooting guard, just let a mayor know
I would have you courtside, not the middle row
All good, love, in a minute, though
I can't stress about no wife 'cause I'm a timid soul
Plus I'm cookin' up ambition on a kitchen stove
Pot start to bubble, see the suds, that thing good to go
Girls say I'm suave, but I can't get RICO'd
Bro think he John Wayne, I bought him yellow stones
Love the way they talk dawg, come catch this drone
Everybody fake now, you could crack the code
Bust down everything, set in rose gold
Dread talkin' to the House, like I'm J. Cole
I can tell their bills good before I even know
don't call yourself role model if you ain't been in Vogue

Gotta throw a party for my day ones
They ain't in the studio, but they'll lay somethin'
Rest in peace to IcyPeng, we was straight stuntin'
You don't like the way I talk? Come and say somethin'

Last edited:

Presidential Assent

This bill has been granted assent and is hereby signed into law.

Back