CIVIL ACTION

byeSprite
Plaintiff

v.

Krix
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

Krix, the President of DemocracyCraft, is actively seeking to obstruct proper democratic processes and violate the integrity of our electoral system through refusal to pass or veto the byeSprite Congressional Electoral System bill before the elections process. The defendant lays out the claim that based on principle he won't change election systems before the onset of electoral processes; yet allowed a change in electoral systems during the electoral process of the February 2021 Special Elections. Given this, the President is clearly trying to obstruct basic principles of democracy for ulterior motives.

I. PARTIES
1. byeSprite
2. Krix

II. FACTS
1. The byeSprite Congressional Electoral System bill passed the House with a vote of 8-0-1, and the Senate with a vote of 5-0-0;
2. The byeSprite Congressional Electoral System was passed before the onset of electoral processes;
3. President Krix has refused to sign or veto the byeSprite Congressional Electoral System bill citing that an election cycle is near, saying that he will look at it after the elections;
4. President Krix has claimed that it has "always been this way" despite he himself assenting to a bill that alters the electoral process during an electoral cycle;
5. President Krix is acting in a hypocritical manner here given the assent of the Second System of Proportional Representation Act, which occurred during the process of an election cycle;
6. President Krix is clearly making an attempt to obstruct proper democratic processes, specifically in the upcoming March 2021 elections, by this hypocritical refusal.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. President Krix is making an attempt to obstruct the systems of democracy through his refusal to sign or veto the byeSprite Congressional Electoral System bill until after the electoral process begins. The bill has passed with just short of unanimous support in both the House and the Senate, and he himself has set the precedent to allow bills that change electoral systems to be given assent regardless of the timing of the bills.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. Fines amounting to $15,000;
2. Removal from public office;
3. Barring of running for public office for four months.

byeSprite Congressional Electoral System bill: https://democracycraft.net/threads/byesprite-congressional-electoral-system.3830/
Second System of Proportional Representation Act, which was given aassent during an electoral cycle by President Krix: https://forums.democracycraft.net/threads/second-system-of-proportional-representation-act.3744/
Comments from President Krix claiming that he won't sign or veto the bill, citing that it is too close to an election cycle:
1614459798834.png

1614459824688.png

1614459836038.png

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 27th day of February, 2021.

1613516434104.png

IN THE COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
SUMMONS
The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case ByeSprite v The President of the Commonwealth fo Redmont. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I would like to rescind this lawsuit. Thank you for your time your honor.

Verdict

Due to the lack of desire to continue this case, the matter is hereby dismissed.

I thank the plaintiff for the time spent on their initial filing, and the defence for any work they have done since my summons.

Back