CIVIL ACTION

byeSprite
Plaintiff

v.

Department of Justice
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

As of a few minutes ago today, I have been unjustly and wrongly fined and jailed by Constable Sergecool. His reasoning behind this jailing and fining was violation of Law 15.7 on the Rules & Laws page, however Law 15.7 on the Rules & Law page fails to make any mention of specifically outlawing guns.

I. PARTIES
1. byeSprite
2. Department of Justice

II. FACTS
1. I was legally holding a firearm while at spawn;
2. I was unlawfully jailed for holding a firearm;
3. The Firearms License Guide fails to make any mention of guns not being allowed in safe-zones;
4. Constable Segrecool claimed I was violating Law 15.7 in the Rules & Law page, however there is no legal definition of weapon;
5. Given there is no legal definition of weapon, it can be assumed that the de facto definition of weapon are items underneath the Weapons section in the Creative Menu of Minecraft are to be considered "weapons"; however the AK47 I was holding is not under the Creative Menu;
6. There is no legislation backing the law in question;
7. I was fined for $100;
8. I was jailed for five minutes;
9. I was posing no danger to those around me as PVP is disabled in Spawn;
10. Other laws in the Rules & Law page mention guns and firearms, yet Law 15.7 does not therefore it can be assumed that the word "weapons" does not extend to firearms.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. I was unlawfully jailed and unlawfully fined.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. $250;
2. Removal of offenses related to Law 15.7 from my criminal record.

DATED: This 15th day of February, 2020
2021-02-15_15.26.22.png
2021-02-15_15.23.17.png

Criminal record contains official documentation of fines and jail time.

Last edited:
Given Congress solving this issue and an out of court settlement between the DoJ and I, I would like to rescind this lawsuit

Verdict

Due to a lack of support to continue this lawsuit, this case is hereby dismissed. I thank the plaintiff for keeping the court informed.

Back