CIVIL ACTION

Bardiya_King
Plaintiff

v.

Snowy_Heart
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On April 24, 2024, the defendant transferred the remaining 60 shares of the company "Fox Star" to the plaintiff. With an initial ownership of 10 shares, the plaintiff now holds a total of 70 out of 100 shares in the company. The defendant granted the plaintiff ownership rights to all of their plots in Redmont including company plots. However, due to the defendant's permanent deportation, they have been unable to transfer ownership of these plots to the plaintiff.

I. PARTIES
  1. Bardiya (Plaintiff)
  2. Snowy_Heart (Defendant)

II. FACTS
  1. On April 24, 2024, the defendant transferred 60 shares of the Fox Star Company to the plaintiff, resulting in the plaintiff becoming the majority owner with a total of 70 shares.
  2. The defendant gave the plaintiff full rights and ownership to all of their plots in Redmont.
  3. Despite these arrangements, the defendant's permanent deportation has hindered the transfer of ownership of the plots to the plaintiff, leaving the matter unresolved.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
  1. The defendant's failure to transfer the plots constitutes a breach of agreement between the parties.
  2. The permanent deportation of the defendant has rendered it impossible for them to fulfill their obligation to transfer the plots to the plaintiff.

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
  1. The Court to compel the DHS to facilitate the transfer of all plots owned by the defendant to the plaintiff. Plots i030, c679, c678, c235, c234, c677.
  2. $5,000 in legal fees.

Note: This case is being brought to the Federal court jurisdiction due to the combined value of these properties exceeding $20,000.

By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 1st day of May 2024

1714618410732.png
1714618438064.png
1714618455245.png
1714618477593.png

Attachments

• 1714618427575.png
    1714618427575.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
FedCourtLogo.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
WRIT OF SUMMONS

@Snowy_Heart is required to appear before the Federal Court in the case of Bardiya_King v. Snowy_Heart.

Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgement based on the known facts of the case.

Both parties should make themselves aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Seeing as how the defendant has not responded to the summons and presented themselves for court, this court will proceed to recess, pending a verdict.

Verdict

IN THE FEDERAL OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT
Bardiya_King v. Snowy_Heart. 2024] FCR 67

I. PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
1. The defendant's failure to transfer the plots constitutes a breach of agreement between the parties.
2. The permanent deportation of the defendant has rendered it impossible for them to fulfill their obligation to transfer the plots to the plaintiff.
3. To satisfy this debt, the plaintiff seeks to have plots i030, c679, c678, c235, c234, c677 transferred to them.

II. DEFENDANT'S POSITION
1. Defendant did not respond to the summons.

III. THE COURT OPINION
1. This is a bit of a complex case, one which requires some legal interpretations to be made.

First, the law is clear on what happens to permanently deported players assets in the Economic Standards Act. It states:

10 - Deported Player Assets
(1) Financial Assets:
(a) All money/funds remaining in a Perm-Deported/Exiled player's balance will be transferred to the government balance via a prune by the Department of Commerce.
(2) Property/Plots:
(a) All buildings/structures on Perm-Deported/Exiled player's plots will be vaulted, and the empty property will be put up for public auction.
(b) Empty plots owned by the Perm-Deported/Exiled player will be automatically put up for public auction.
(c) Plots with Structures of Historical significance are to be put up to public auction with the build, and all historical structure rules will apply to the new plot owner.

For role playing purposes, a deported player is not able to do anything with any of their assets, and the law clearly states that the cash and financial assets should be transferred to the government balance, and all buildings/structures on the deported players plots shall be vaulted and put up for public auction.

The first task is establishing who owns the properties. Because no evidence was provided proving that the plots were owned by the company in question "Fox Star Company" and they are currently "regions of Snowy_Heart" this court rules that these properties are legally owned by Snowy Heart as a player, and not Fox Star Company.

Next, the evidence provided states that the defendant gave these properties to the plaintiff "yesterday". Since the suit was filed on May 1st, the court is led to believe that this message was sent on April 30th, or 15 days ago. According to the defendants /history, they were deported 20 days, 6 hours and 13 minutes ago at the time of this writing. Therefore, the defendant sent this message AFTER their deportation, when they no longer had a legal right to the properties per the Economic Standards Act.

IV. DECISION
Therefore, this Court rules in favor of the defense, and orders that the defendants' properties be taken into DCT custody awaiting vaulting and public auction as per the Economic Standards Act.

The Federal Court thanks all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back