CIVIL ACTION

AlexanderLove
Plaintiff

v.

The Commonwealth of Redmont
Defendant

COMPLAINT
The Plaintiff complains against the Defendant as follows:

On August 6th of 2021, I was charged with illicit campaigning for posting a political endorsement in my personal business Discord server. I believe this goes against my Constitutional rights, especially freedom of speech and political affiliation. The law should be struck down and my $200 should be returned to me.

I. PARTIES
1. AlexanderLove (Plaintiff)
2. Antatro (DOJ Officer)
3. nnmc (Witness)
4. ChAkselsn (Witness)

II. FACTS
1. I endorsed a House of Reps candidate in my business discord server, The Lovely Law Firm.
2. Antatro fined me for illicit campaigning.
3. I believe illicit campaigning is unconstitutional.

III. CLAIMS FOR RELIEF
1. The Fair Campaigning Act goes against Constitutional rights.
2. The Constitution supersedes any statute or law of Redmont.
3. The Constitution enumerates the following is a right of the people, which the Fair Campaigning Act violates: "Freedom of Political Communication."
4. The Constitution enumerates the following is a right of the people, which the Fair Campaigning Act violates: "Freedom of the Press and Media."
5. The Constitution enumerates the following is a right of the people, which the Fair Campaigning Act violates: "Freedom of Association."

IV. PRAYER FOR RELIEF
The Plaintiff seeks the following from the Defendant:
1. For Illicit Campaigning to be struck down for unconstitutionality.
2. For $200 in damages for the Illicit Campaigning charge fine.
3. For $250 in legal and administrative fees for having to take the time to file a suit.

V. EVIDENCE
I am hereby publishing the following into evidence:
By making this submission, I agree I understand the penalties of lying in court and the fact that I am subject to perjury should I knowingly make a false statement in court.

DATED: This 8th day of August, 2021

Given the Federal Court has an adequate amount of Judges, the Supreme Court has determined that this case should be moved to the Federal Court. The Supreme Court acts as primarily a place of appeal, and the Federal Court may hear constitutional matters in the first instance, as noted within the constitution.

Therefore this thread has been moved, and a Federal Court Judge will respond when possible.

5D88BA02-1E10-4D74-B73C-FD889EBC6DA5.png

IN THE FEDERAL COURT OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF REDMONT

WRIT OF SUMMONS

The defendant is required to appear before the court in the case of the Alexsander P. Love v. The Commonwealth of Redmont. Failure to appear within 72 hours of this summons will result in a default judgment in favour of the plaintiff.

I'd also like to remind both parties to be aware of the Court Rules and Procedures, including the option of an in-game trial should both parties request one.​

Your honor, the state would like to request a 48-hour extension due to irl obligations.

The extension is granted for 48 hours as requested.

Your honor, both parties have come to an agreement. This case will remain open, but suspended until all terms have been met. The terms are as follows:

1) $200 in repayment for the fine
2) The illicit campaigning offense expunged
3) Bill proposed and signed into law

If the bill fails either chamber of Congress or is otherwise not signed into law, we have agreed to the following terms:

3) The illicit campaigning offense to be stricken from the law for unconstitutionality

The bill is as follows:

BILL To Amend the Fair Campaigning Act
The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:
1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Chak Fair Campaigning Amendment Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage. (3) The Act has been co-sponsored by:
(4) The Act has the support of President Austin, Vice President Vanq, and Attorney General JoeGamer2120

2 - Reasons
(1) The following act limits players Freedom of Political Communication which is a right guaranteed by the constitution
(2) Allows non government servers to support candidates

3 - Enactments
(1) Change "Campaigning to a player with less than 4 hours of playtime or on the “Do Not Contact” list or campaigning in a non-politics discord channel/ non-politics server related to DC." to "Campaigning by direct message to a player with less than 4 hours of playtime or on the “Do Not Contact” list or campaigning in a non-politics discord channel/ non-politics server related to DC without permission from the server owners."

After careful thought, research and consultation with my fellow colleagues on the Court, I will not be allowing the plea deal.

Only the court can determine if a law is constitutional or not and if it come to that the court will hand down a verdict.

The case will continue as intended with the defense giving their opening statement. If the plaintiff would like to drop the case, that is their right.

The Defense has had Adequate amount of time to produce a opening statement and has 24 hours to submit it to the court.

Your honor, could we delay to see if the following terms are met first before proceeding?

3) Bill proposed and signed into law (listed above)

The court gave 24 hours to have a opening statement presented. That give this 24 hours for terms to be agreed upon and met.

Your honor, could we delay to see if the following terms are met first before proceeding?

3) Bill proposed and signed into law (listed above)

The State agrees to these terms.

Verdict

Both parties have agreed on the terms presented by the plaintiff. This case is dismissed. Thank you to all parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back