Aventura Resident
Oakridge Resident
Icypenguin79
Icypenguin79
A
BILL
TO

Amend the Constitution

The people of the Commonwealth of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment

(1) This Act may be cited as the “State of the Commonwealth Amendment”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted after the February 2021 elections.
(3) This Resolution was authored by Representative Icypenguin79.

2 - Reasons

(1) The current State of the Government is entirely forums-based.
(2) Creating and holding an in-game State of the Commonwealth address boosts the server activity, population, and player involvement in the government.
(3) An in-game event increases transparency between the government and the players.

3 - Amendment

(1) Added to “Role of the President”: The President shall give to an in-game joint session of Congress information of the State of the Commonwealth at the end of every month.

presidential-seal-redmont-png.4524

This bill has been vetoed.
Explanation:
  • The current State of the Government enables the same level of transparency, and allows everything to be in writing on-the-record. Any questions that a player has about something in that report, they may reach out to Cabinet or the Press Advisor.
  • The issue with an ingame event would be timezoning issues, given that the population of the server varies across the globe.
  • I would love to have an ingame event for State of the Governments, and I would pursue such should I had served next month, however I do not believe legally obligating it is feasible. During some months I have found it is more difficult to schedule (e.g. December when folks are with their families etc). Since it would be codified as a responsibility, the President could be punished simply for being unable to hold such an ingame event for a month.

Back