Information Presidential Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dept. State

Department of State
State Department
PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS

The President and Vice President both serve a four month term, with the election falling in the consecutive month to the most recent Congressional Election.

In order to assume office, the Presidential candidate must attain a simple majority.

A Presidential candidate will choose a running mate prior to the electoral ballot, to serve as Vice President.

Between the 1st-10th is the Election Period.

1st DAY OF ELECTORAL MONTH

Official election posts will be created.​
Players seeking candidacy will reply with “I, <username>, declare that I will be contesting the Office of President. My Vice Presidential running mate will be <username>. I will be running as an independent / a member of example political party."
This date marks the start of election campaigning. The DPA will conduct debates during this time.​
Candidates are to make their official political party affiliations known or if none, opt to run as an independent.​

7th DAY OF ELECTORAL MONTH

Polling starts! This will take place over 5 days.​
Players may vote on up to 1 candidate of their choice.​

10th DAY OF ELECTORAL MONTH

Polls are closed and votes are counted! Winning candidate appointed.

Roles change following the counting of the votes.

REQUIREMENTS TO RUN FOR OFFICE

In order to run for President, the player needs to meet these requirements:
  • Has been 4 months since the player’s initial join date.
  • Has accrued 300 hours play time and 12 hours of playtime within the last 30 days.
  • Is an active participant in the community, in-game, on discord, and forums.
  • At the beginning of every presidential term, all cabinet positions must be nominated/re-nominated and approved by the Senate.
  • A President can not serve consecutive terms.

In order to run for Vice President, the player needs to meet these requirements:
  • Has accrued 150 hours of playtime.
  • Has accrued 12 hours of playtime within the last 30 days.
  • Is an active participant in the community, in-game, on discord, and on forums.
  • At the beginning of every presidential term, all cabinet positions must be nominated/re-nominated and approved by the Senate.
  • A Vice President cannot be the last President.”

ELECTORAL FRAUD

Any player caught rigging/meddling with an election through, but not limited to: the use of alternate accounts, bribery, and or threats will be fined up to $25,000 and potentially banned from holding public office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back