Oakridge Resident
1975Consumer
1975Consumer
donator4
A
BILL
To

Amend the Legislative Standards Act

The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This Act may be cited as the “Motions and Quorum Reform Act”.
(2) This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
(3) This Act was authored by Speaker of the House 218218Consumer.
(4) This Act has been co-sponsored by Senator GoldBlooded and Deputy Speaker AndreyMia.

2 - Reason
(1) Dawg I done messed up; members of Congress must be credited for the motions they propose, good or bad.
(2) If a bill receives more ayes than it does nays, it should be considered as passed, even if it doesn’t reach an absolute majority of the chamber.

3 - Amendment to the LSA
(1) Add the following to s13.1:

“c. All motions under Record of Motions shall contain the following format:--
- Title:
- Proposer:
- Description:
- House Vote Count (if applicable):
- Senate Vote Count (if applicable):”

(2) Add the following to s11:

(3) After the 48 hours have passed; all votes have been submitted; or a majority is reached, there will be three situations:

a. If the Bill is passed, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Pending and move it to the Senate, notifying the Vice President; or​
b.If the Bill is rejected, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Rejected and move it to the Rejected sub-forum.​
i. Passage shall be considered as a simple majority of ayes out of all votes cast, and rejection shall be considered as a failure to reach such a majority.

(5) After the 48 hours have passed; all votes have been submitted; or a majority is reached, there will be 2 situations:

a. If the Bill is passed, the Presiding Officer will move the bill to the Congressional forum applying the 'awaiting assent' prefix, notifying the President for their assent; or​
b. If the Bill is rejected, the Presiding Officer will change the Bill status to Bill: Rejected and move it to the Rejected sub-forum with Senate recommendations in the comments.​
i. Passage shall be considered as a simple majority of ayes out of all votes cast, and rejection shall be considered as a failure to reach such a majority.

Last edited:

Veto

This bill has been vetoed for the following reasons:

- There is no quorum requirement meaning that if only 5 representatives voted on a bill and 3 aye’d and 2 nay’d, the bill would still pass the house.

- The speaker and I have already worked out a revised version of the bill that will be proposed soon that I will sign.

Back