Supporter
Trentrick_Lamar
Trentrick_Lamar
economist
A
BILL
To

Partially Amend the Market Manipulation Act
The people of Democracy Craft, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
(1) This act shall be titled the Market Manipulation Amendment Act.

(2) This act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.

(3) This act was co-sponsored by Representative Antatro

2 - Reason
(1) The market manipulation of goods is currently legal which effectively allows groups of people to artificially inflate or deflate the values of goods by means which are mirrored by the real-life diamond or emerald industries

(2) Market deflation is a current problem and inflation was one at another point in time
(2a) An active attempt could be made to manage both to at least *some degree* instead of just complaining about it being an issue.

3 - Amendments
(1) “11.2 - Market Manipulation
Any act to artificially inflate or deflate the value of a company or stock for personal gain.
Per Offence: Up to $5000 Fine”

Is amended to include:

“11.2 - Market Manipulation
Any act to artificially inflate or deflate the value of a company, stock, or good for personal gain.
Per Offence: Up to $5000 Fine”

4 -Definitions
(1) “good(s)” - a chattel which is, generally, subject to sale.

(2) “chattel” - a moveable item of property which is neither land nor permanently attached to land or a building, either directly or vicariously through attachment to real property.

(3) “real property” - a property interest in land

Last edited:

Veto

This bill has been vetoed for the following reason:
I believe the word "goods" is too vague even with the definition you've put in there. If I signed this bill, there would effectively be reasoning for anyone to take a business owner to court over simply forgetting to fix their prices. I cannot assent to this.

Veto

I believe the word "goods" is too vague even with the definition you've put in there. If I signed this bill, there would effectively be reasoning for anyone to take a business owner to court over simply forgetting to fix their prices. I cannot assent to this.

Wat.

Veto

Could you elaborate as to how you came to that conclusion? I’m totally lost as to how it was made. Specifically due to the fact that you need to prove there is market manipulation going on and can’t just take someone to court because you feel like it.

Could you elaborate as to how you came to that conclusion? I’m totally lost as to how it was made. Specifically due to the fact that you need to prove there is market manipulation going on and can’t just take someone to court because you feel like it.

I’d be more than happy to have a discussion on discord if you want to reach out to me there - Austin27#0001

Back