Willow Resident
Neemfy
Neemfy
sergeant
A
BILL
TO

Amend the Constitution

The people of Redmont, through their elected Representatives in the Congress and the force of law ordained to that Congress by the people through the constitution, do hereby enact the following provisions into law:

1 - Short Title and Enactment
  1. This Act may be cited as the “LDV Pushing P Amendment”
  2. This Act shall be enacted immediately upon its signage.
  3. This Bill was authored by Vice President LilDigiVert & Rep. Neemfy.
  4. This Bill was co-sponsored by Sen. Muffins

2 - Reasons

Pushin' P
Yeah, pushin' P, turn me up
Turn me up, P, uh-ah
Pointers in the Patek and my piece, I'm pushin' P
Copped new hammers for my P, we don't want no peace
Got a spot across the spot, just for Ps
Dropped the dot and then we plot, exotic Ps
She not Aventura, for P, she turn Paventura (pushin' P, I'm pushin' P)
Off capital P, I rock these Presidents, count presidents (pushin' P)

3 - Reasons

(1) There is literally 0 reason for us to limit the pool of candidates who can be an ambassador to a foreign nation. The status quo puts our most qualified expats in a position where they can either be lawmakers or an ambassador, when the overlap between the two jobs and conflict of interest potential is minimal.
(2) This bill is pushing P, slatt.

4 - Terms

Replace:
No person shall hold the position of President, Vice President, Secretary, Executive Officer, or any other Principal Officer position simultaneously with a position as Representative or Senator.

With:
No person shall hold the position of President, Vice President, Secretary, or Executive Officer position simultaneously with a position as Representative or Senator.

Veto

This bill is hereby vetoed.

This bill is improperly written in a way that may leave the government open to a legal liability. In Section 4 under terms, it colour codes "Executive Officer" in red indicating its removal, whereas in the changed clause, "Executive Officer" remains the same. Therefore it becomes unclear as to whether or not Executive Officers are removed from the equation.

The mechanism to amend does not follow the processes outlined in the Legislative Standard Act, and while on occasion bills with colour-coding mistakes are still signed, I cannot in good conscience sign an amendment impacting constitutional separation of powers that is unclear.

Back